1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Television] Mad Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OlajuwonFan81, Mar 19, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You like Mercedes...I like BMW. It's subjective man. They are all great shows.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Premiere Was Andie MacDowell’s Daughter
    http://www.vogue.com/13253283/mad-men-season-7-rainey-qualley/

[​IMG]

The second half of Mad Men’s seventh season opens on a familiar scene: Don Draper is talking to a beautiful woman. “I’ve never worn mink before,” she says. “It’s chinchilla,” Don says, taking a drag of his cigarette. “And it costs $15,000. How does that make you feel?” She responds, “Nervous.”

Heavy-handed as the innuendo was, as it turns out, the model wasn’t one of Don’s bedfellows—though there were plenty of those in last night’s return of Mad Men—she was auditioning for a commercial at SCDP. If you swore that you’d seen that fur-modeling minx before, you might have: She’s Rainey Qualley, Miss Golden Globe 2012 and the daughter of Andie MacDowell.

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Joan is a survivor - she lived through a lot of ****. She's hot, she's got assets, she's rich but she will never command the respect she yearns. It's the 60's. Peggy seems to get it but she'll never find happiness either.

4. likestohypeguy

Wish this would ended with the season 6 finale. that would have been a perfect ending to me.

Still watching, but been running on fumes since.

5. the shark

the shark Member

Have to admit the last two episodes have been pretty lame IMO.

Hopefully it's building towards a great ending.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If you don't think these scenes are fascinating now, you are going to be disappointed at the ending. It will not end with a bang.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I fell asleep several times during the recent Mad Men episode. Borderline unwatchable.

8. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I think the season's been pretty good so far with the exception of the Don/waitress angle, which is a snoozer.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

Wish we'd just have scenes of Ken making SCDP miserable.

Instead what we get is scenes of Don being miserable.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm over that aspect of Don entirely. Been over it. I get it, he's butthurt real deep inside.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

EXACTLY!

At this point I might as well go back and rewatch the first couple of seasons if I want to watch good episodes of this show.

Weiner's doing a great job making sure the show ends up staying on the 2nd level(Good but not great) in terms of great drama series. BBad, The Wire and The Soprano's still maintaining their spots on that top level of great shows.

I just don't see the remaining 4 or 5 or however many episodes being that intriguing or groundbreaking...but I may be proven wrong.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Great comeback episode for Don. Particularly loved his interactions with the realtor lady. Even though we probably won't ever see her again, I felt that there was something honest between her and Don that I haven't really seen with any other woman in his life. Maybe its because she sees through his **** and isn't beguiled by his charm. Don's assreaming of his employee was awesome too. "Guys like me know how to do it."

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

January Jones is so fine. I thought homie was gonna get it! Haha

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Per usual, Grantland's Mad Men Power Rankings continue to be one of the best-written things on the Internet.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ok episode Sunday... was actually relieved to see yet another "reorganization" of Sterling-Cooper not magically work out like it always does.

They've definitely taken some liberties over the years on their ability to just leave huge agencies, start new huge agencies, merge agencies, etc.... it was almost as if they were making fun of themselves when they were like "We've done it before!... it's gotta work!"

Also, Kenny Cosgrove has been showing everybody what could have been all these years if they let him loose.... maybe Weiner should give him his own series (eye-patch and all).

I still say 50/50 chance there's some strange esoteric sopranos-like ending that has everybody questioning everything.

16. the shark

the shark Member

I was thinking the same thing on how it ends. Was thinking if they did something like the show "Dallas", where Bobby dying was all a dream.

That Don wakes up and he's back in the war and he's not Don Draper but back to Dick Whitman.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been enjoying it, although his relationship with the waitress was perplexing, to say the least. I'm expecting him to jump from a window on Madison Avenue at the end. They've telegraphed it during the intro since the series started. We'll see.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I never understood why everybody expects "that".

Yes, I know its the opening credit silouhette... but of course there's also somebody that looks like Draper sitting at the end of the credits, watching everything like a "boss".

Maybe somebody else jumps? Maybe its just an animation some computer geek made that Weiner happened to like?

I can foresee lots of people actually being upset if nobody jumps.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You could certainly be right, and probably are. It's probably a MacGuffin, meant to lure the audience away from what's really going to happen. Working on me, I admit. ;-)-

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It's been said that Harry was suppose to be the one to jump out of the window in the early seasons but they scratched that idea.