1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you adjust for Game 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

No more Delfino at PF. If you must go small ball use T.Rob, Garcia, T.Jones, or Parsons at the PF.

Less ISO plays, if they do, at least set up some off ball picks to get guys into the paint.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We have 4 PFs. Start a different one every game until we get someone that works.

I like the ball and body movement that Garcia and Anderson give us. Brooks must be in too and ask him to shoot. Just rotate the guys and ask them to go hard for a full 5-6 minutes. That means tough defense and running hard on offense, cutting, ball movement, helping on the boards.

Above all, tell the guys, we have no chance at winning. But smile, have fun and play with reckless abandon.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

How is Garcia's defense?

Lin
    Harden
    Garcia
    Parsons
    Asik

4. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

1 James Harden
    2 Carlos Delfino
    3 Chandler Parsons
    4 Terrence Jones
    5 Omer Asik

Lin, Beverly, James Anderso, Cisco Garcia can be used to sub for the 1-3 positions.

GSmith, Dmo, & Trob can sub for the 4-5 positions.

We have talent.

Mcfail just refuses to use them. Listens too much this old school gut instincts instead of his brain.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

Your analysis is on point. I agree with many of your points. Spacing is key, we need shooters to spread the floor, that means starting d-mo and bench smith. I like smith, he's got great hands and finish strong rolling towards rim.

Also, I agree that we should use lin more on offense when Harden is resting. Lin is at his best when he has shooters spreading the floor with Greg Smith and Lin working the pick n rolls. Afterall, Smith has much better hands than Asik and can dunk the ball.

6. RRockets

RRockets Member

Then Harden needs to consult Parsons first.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Use more of the bench,
    and
    If the 3 ball isn't falling attack the basket at will.

8. pnr

pnr Member

I would stagger minutes of Harden and Lin this game. Lin's shot seems to be coming back down to earth so he is useless as a spot up shooter when Harden's handling the ball. Let Lin run the second unit and have Beverley in with Harden for his defense on Westbrook. Start Delfino at the 4 and use Greg Smith as backup C with Terrence Jones at the 4 for the second unit.

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Delfino
    Asik

Lin
    Beverley/Anderson
    Garcia
    Jones
    Smith

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Find the Houston version of these guys:

[​IMG]

10. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I'd start DMo and pray he starts hitting his shots. If possible, I'd also run post plays for him like those for Greg's to start the game hoping to get Serge in foul trouble. Serge may be a very good help defender but he stinks at one-on-one defense.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I like the way you think. I like Beverley, harden, Parsons, and delfino in and just let the 3s fly. The only problem will be rebounding and we'll get owned in the paint.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better pray he can turn into Hakeem mode for couple of games

13. sweetness1

sweetness1 Member

Get a new damn coach.

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

seriously?
    Garcia is the only NBA player who got facial by Lin.

He is a decent shooter.

15. LoLin

LoLin Member

Lin
    Harden
    DMo/TJones
    Parsons
    Asik

16. zawa

zawa Member

What needs to happen is the staggering of Lin and Harden's minutes, or even possibly to the extent of using Lin with the second unit as their leader and allow Harden and Beverley to be the main combination.

Another key thing I've noticed during the first game was that the Lin-Beverley-Harden combo actually worked pretty well, Harden can play the small forward while Lin-Bev backcourt provide good hustle and defense. Lin just needs to be decisive with his upcoming games and not make rookie-like mistakes and turnovers.

17. brick

brick Member

Agreed. Letting Lin facilitate the team without Harden on the floor for 8 minutes could be enough to make critical momentum change. Harden likes to handle the ball and he has 40 minutes. I remember McHale did it once and the team blew out the opponent in one quarter. Why doesn't McHale do it more often ? I can't figure out an explanation other than politics.

18. imaginedragons

what about the D? majority of the posts talk about the offense, it's really hard to play fast paced high octane basketball when the opponent plays faster, jumps higher and is more experienced than you.

i say make defense the priority, if the starters get tired from playing D, take them out and put in the bench, garcia has lost a step or two but he still plays smart position D, beverley "gives them energy" truthfully though he gambles a lot, let jones or Trob bang with Ibaka.

the Rockets are an offensive team, meaning they have players who can shoot and know how to score, let the offense take care of itself with plain ball movement. focus on the D.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Lin needs to learn how to hold onto the ball against OKC first.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Execute better on offense, attempt to play defense, and RELAX!

Our nerves really showed in game one. I think we'll be much more comfortable in game 2 and it'll show. Should be a much better game I think!