1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you adjust for Game 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Pretend you're the coach for a second. How would you adjust our offense or defense?

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

McHale?

1 person likes this.
  3. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I would play T Rob at the 3, move Parsons to PF

4. cdastros

cdastros Member

Start Delfino or D Mo at the 4 to space the floor better.

5. hltiki

hltiki Member

MORE ISO!!!!!!!!!!!

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

t-rob would foul out in minutes

7. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Simple! Move the damn ball on offense. Defensively, good luck, lol.

8. hltiki

hltiki Member

Also, put Dmo in and have him ISO against Ibaka.

If I were Mchale, I would take DMO/Harden ISO and jam it straight down Ibaka's throat.

9. obiwan15

obiwan15 Member

10. dmoneybangbang

Well adjustments are important. However, it is execution that is holding the Rocket's back from making this a serious series.

But since I am the coach, let's see if this starting lineup can excute better:
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    TJones
    Asik

11. dmoneybangbang

No *****. Guess what the Thunder prevented us from doing?

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Sac tried turning TRob into a 3. Needless to say that experiment failed.

Putting Bev in the starting lineup isn't going to work. OKC would just focus on Harden cause he'd be the only one who can create a shot. But if Lin continues to gift wrap the ball to the other team, yank him early.

13. thejav

thejav Member

this....

14. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

T Rob's job is to play defense. He'd give Durant nightmares.

15. thejav

thejav Member

not sure how he will do that after he fouls out in 4mins..

16. SeeingRocketRed

Apparently our big plan is to make no adjustments and play harder:
    "You can't really make that many adjustments at this time right now because we know their game plan and they know ours,'' Rockets power forward Greg Smith said on a conference call Monday. ''We've just got to go out there, just play harder, be more focused and play more hungry.''

Oh God, everyone duck, another 30 point loss is incoming.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd start Bev, Harden, Parsons, DMo and Asik. IMO, the biggest improvement DMo made over the year was on the defensive end. He was making good rotations, but still struggled in the low post. If Smith isn't cutting it, see if DMo's speed and shot can do anything for you. Subs: Lin, Delfino, Garcia, TJones, and Smith. Let Lin go "Linsane". Lobs to Smith and TJones....kickouts to Delfino and Garcia.

19. JurisDoctorate

1. Faster help rotations on Defense.

2. Tell Harden/Lin to not expect the foul call on drives, and to only drive when it's high precentage - its the playoffs, you have to expect not to get to the charity stripe.

3. Come up with 2-3 simple plays to get open shots - even if they miss shots, its better than iso hero ball.

4. If going ISO, initiate the PNR's, with atleast 10 seconds on the shot clock.

20. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I think the biggest problem we had offensively and defensively was Ibaka. He blocked shots on defense and contested every rebound when on offense and knocked down jumpers.
    Here is how I would correct the problem.
    Starting 5
    J LIn
    Pat Bev
    Beard
    Chandler
    Asik
    Yes I know its small, but here is my points. Chandler at the 4 will stretch Ibaka out of the paint leaving Asik for the offensive boards, and Bev is also great at going after the offensive boards. This will also tire Ibaka out, and I believe Chandler can take him to the hole and have him in foul trouble.
    While on Defense, well it couldn't get any worse than what Smith did. Dmo is too soft to handle Ibaka, so Parsons is our best defender, and we can send help if needed. We can even play zone if it doesn't work early. Only guy that can really penetrate is Russ, Durant is just lengthy and will shoot over you, but a zone will assure we get the board except if its a long bounce.
    Those are the adjustments i would make, and of course on offense we need to just put the ball in the hole. I thought there was a lot of jitters, but things will change. Ball movement needs to happen, the ball needs to be pushed on every posession, we are not a great halfcourt team because we iso too much, that has to stop.

1 person likes this.