1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you adjust for Game 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Rotation would be:
    Lin
    Beverly
    Harden
    Parsons
    Asik

Delfino for Beverly
    Smith for Asik
    TJones for Parsons

Beverly for Lin
    Parsons for Harden

2. kumakun

kumakun Member

As much as I think Lin should start the game I think Westbrook is too strong for Lin but I think more importantly is Ibaka is an all star defensively and no one can get into the lane. Let Lin and Harden play separately. More variance all game.

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Part of the problem is that Delfino is still trying to get in form at the worst possible time.

4. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Lin had a bad game and Beverley had a good game, BUT we were losing more points when Beverley played alone without Lin.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    *DMo
    Asik

Extend the bench to Beverley, Delfino, Garcia, Jones, Robinson.

*Statistics show that DMo has a significant positive effect on the offense when he's in, specifically with assists and eFG% (the result of better ball movement and spacing). He also has a net positive effect on every other starter's +/- numbers when he's in.

He does have a negative effect on defense, but his overall effect is still positive - and let's be honest - we're not stopping the Thunder regardless of who is out there. Our only hope is for the Thunder to have an off shooting night and for our offense to be clicking. I think DMo gives us the best shot at that from the PF spot.

Be patient. The data takes a moment to load.

DMo's General Impact
    DMo/Lin
    DMo/Harden
    DMo/Parsons
    DMo/Asik

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Pretty much, focus on both defense and offense from a team stand point. Get people ready to view the court more to look for the open man. While on the defensive side of things, have Asik guard Ibaka because Smith should be able to handle Perkins.

7. Asian Sensation

Somebody gonna get a rep.

[​IMG]

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Oh, play your rookie PFs to match up of "beat up" their bigs instead of expecting Delfino's reckless shot selection to bail the team out when you need more defense.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Trying to get on your own list of trolls aye?

I see what you did there...

10. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I would cry if D-mo started

11. adobo

adobo Member

Firstly, I would play Garcia more. He is our only guy atm that can consistantly hit 3's. Secondly Lin needs to play the PG position more than he did at game 1. He needs to stop being more the shooting guard and be the actual pg in the team. Our ball movement stagnates when the PG position gets shared among 4 players.

12. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I totally agree with you.I have been thinking this for about 3 or 4 weeks.Greg starting at PF it hurts our back up center position and he is always in foul trouble and I believe Lin can be a game changer off the bench with his energy and scoring ability besides TJ and Bev are better defenders and can let Parson and Harden get involve early in the game.

13. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't want have time to go into details of how I see the game. But in short, I'd pick n roll for more 3 pt shots with Lin, PBev, Harden, Parsons, and Asik having Asik setting picks. Until their 2 bigs have to respect to not sag off.

On the defensive end, I'll have Lin ghosting on WB<=>PBev and Durant<=>Parsons, while Asik packs the paint. Harden will just continue to stay on his man.

Rotations will rotate in Parsons for Garcia, and Harden for Delfino, Asik for Smith/TJones.

Harden will rotate in for PBev/Lin with Lin and Harden constantly staggering minutes.

1st qtr -> Harden, Bev, Asik, Parsons, Lin
    Lin, Bev out for Garcia, Delfino at around 3:00 min mark

2nd qtr -> Lin, Bev, Smith, Garcia, Delfino
    Garcia, Delfino out for Parsons, Harden at around 9:00 min mark
    Smith for Asik at around 7:00 min mark

3rd qtr ->Lin, Bev, Harden, Parsons, Delfino
    Delfino out for Asik at 9:00-7:00 min mark
    Lin, Bev out for Garcia, smith at around 3:00 min mark (debatable and iffy)

4th qtr -> Lin, Bev, Delfino, Garcia, Asik
    Garcia out for Parsons at around 9:00 min mark
    Delfino/Lin/Bev/Asik out for Harden at around 9:00 min mark, but this is debatable depending on who is more effective.

Starter minutes:
    Harden - 42+ min
    Lin - 32 to 41 min
    Asik - 31 to 40 min
    Parsons - 42+ min
    Bev - 33 to 42 min

Bench minutes:
    Defino, Garcia, Smith/Jones - around 12 min each
    I probably have some calculation mistakes here, but that's my idea pretty much.

The purpose of this line up is to force their bigs to respect the stretch so that we force them to break their habit of packing in the paint.

14. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

DMo needs to start .. .. need to call some plays for in in the post also

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's simple really. Bench Smith and start D-mo at PF. I'd rather see D-mo miss an open 3 rather than Smith clogging the lane resulting in Harden getting his shot blocked by Ibaka.

We need to "increase the variance" as morey says. Make no mistake we will lose with Smith starting. But we can "increase the variance" by starting D-mo.

Also play James anderson. He's a smart high iq player. He moves without the basketball, he cuts to the rim. The ball movement improves whenever hes in the game.

Also, give Jones more playing time. He's athletic, dunks at will, rebounds well, plays with energy and is the team's best shotblocker. He is deserving of more playing time.

Like morey says "increase the variance" and maybe we might just win a game or two.

16. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Bev
    Lin
    Parsons
    TRob
    Asik

Harden come off the bench as energy guy.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Well for sure Make 23+threes.
    Don't start with our regular Center and Power Forward, just too slow and inexperienced.
    No slow play!
    Pass to the open man.
    COACH don't over play our top men, give them rest.
    COACH tell the starting Point Guard that he has to
    score points and should not be timid at attempting
    a shot when he is open!
    No selfish play, drive and pass.
    Both Point Guards don't use excessive time in dribbling!
    No walking the ball up the court.:p

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Problem wasn't the coaching or the gameplan to be honest.

Problem is the personel and the execution. Our guys have to play better team ball. They have to learn here. It's not on McHale, he can't do much more than get into their heads more.

There's no real adjustments. This OKC is so much better than us...it's unfair to think we can compete with them on their home floor.

#78 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Dmo to the four,
    Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Dmo
    Asik

Run some double picks, i mean even steve blake gets them for gods sake, get harden coming off some pin downs

20. adobo

adobo Member

I think we have to be careful in making too much adjustments on our starting line up. How about we just play to our strength's. If we adjust too much, then instead of confusing our opponents, i think we will just end up confusing our selves on the court. I do think however we should get Garcia and TJones in the game more. TJones have played well in getting rebounds and scoring for us recently and Garcia is consistently hitting 3's. We need more of these guys in game 2. If we did have to change our line up, i would like to see smith replaced with TJones. But i think we can also leave smith in there and Tjones to replace.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Jones
    Asik