1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I sided with the players a bit last time because I wanted the NBA back. I'll definitely remember next time and will side with owners. Ready for NFL type of system in the NBA.

2. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

I am surprised at how few people know who much influence sports agents have on nba teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17234/powerbroker-in-action-dan-fegans-draft-day

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

3. ClKent

ClKent Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! All that arguing and banning people for nothing. It turns out maybe those people who did not want him had a very good sound reasoning to say so.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

LMAO

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    Lakers' first (after PHX conditions satisfied) is 1-5 protected in '17. If not conveyed by '17, it becomes two seconds in '17 and '18.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    Lakers' 2015 second-rounder is 31-40 protected. If not conveyed, pick disappears.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    If Philly pick not conveyed to Orlando by '18, it becomes secound-round picks in '18 and '19.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    Philly first (after 2013 pick conveyed to MIA): lottery-protected in '15 and '16, top-11 protected in '17, top-8 protected in '18.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    (cont.) the 2014 first from Denver is the least favorable between DEN and NYK picks.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    According to official breakdown of draft considerations to Orlando, the 2013 second-rounder from Denver is GSW's pick ...

5. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

you know, it's amazing how we have johnson, foster, and an elite defense with the texans and morey hasn't landed 1 superstar since he's been here.

weather or not its the nba league itself or morey sucks i'm tired of this crap.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I think people need to realize something. The Lakers were going to be a really, really good team regardless. Getting Dwight doesn't change that fact.

Now Philly has a young stud Center to build around and Denver has an all-star. That's two huge pieces that both of those "weaker" teams didn't have before.

There's no reason to complain about the lockout. The lockout didn't fail in this instance.... Orlando's front office did.

7. liveguy

liveguy Member

lol.....why you so mad, son?

There's nothing wrong with building from within.

If you think so, then you, sir, are the one that needs to GTFO!

Lamb (all-star potential)
    Motie (all-star potential)
    Jones (solid player....might even be all-star potential)
    White (solid player....wait and see wild card)
    Parsons (solid role player)
    Lin (Les' money maker....all-star potential)
    Asik (solid role player)
    PPat (solid role player)
    Rox #1 2013 (could be stud)
    Tor #1 2013 (could be stud)

All the above are pieces (not assets) that can be a deep core to build around.

One or two become stars and the rest is history.

Plug in a star and let the above build up and you have yourself a contender....maybe.

All without having to chase and beg.

You'll of course change your screen name and say you knew it all along. lol

Go outside and get some fresh air though, man.

You mad for no reason.

You should be happy we didn't sell out.

Long term focus > short term focus

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Very fitting. I can't believe this BS flash.....

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

PREACH BROTHER.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

[​IMG]

11. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

i've been long term since the ealry 90's. plug in what star? you can't blame some of the long time fans. rockets attendance numbers are worst ever and the fans are tired of waiting.

12. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

LOL at "Garbage to ORL"

13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

gotta feeling morey is gonna try to get bynum next offseason . he didnt wanna give anything up. anyways im glad its over. bright side for rockets fans, gotta lotto pick from toronto n if we tank pretty good, we got one for ourselves.

14. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

My thoughts ...

1. It's ridiculous that teams int he NBA will make trades that allow powerhouses to improve greatly as long as they improve slightly.

2. The Orlando GM will not last long. He turned down a much better offer from the Nets and likely a better offer from the Rockets.

3. I'm OK with not getting Howard. I like the Rockets young players and think it is likely better to get the high lottery pick.

15. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

Man i don't wanna face my friend now cause he's a huge lakers fan and i'll never hear the end of this

16. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

seriously, howard, nash, aka artest, bryant, gasol...makes me sick.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Apples to ****ing oranges. You can't ever compare pro sports with different systems to each other, and how many top 10 draft picks has Morey had? How many top 10 picks have the Texans had? People complain that it's been 3 years since we made the playoffs, but it took the Texans a decade just to clinch a weak ass division.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So they not guaranteed the 1st rounders. . .they could become 2nd rounders???

Rocket River

19. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

how many top 10 draft picks? that's why u tank.

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I wish we could go that route :(, but Le$ won't let it happen. :mad: