1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. David Stern

David Stern Member

Don’t call me son brah. Never said I have a problem with developing our young players. Just schooling you that the fad term of “replicating the OKC model” is a dumb analogy/objective. Like I said before KDs don’t come around too often. And Seattle was fortunate (blind luck) that Portland took Oden.

I’m fine with building from the draft but to be clear it’s a greater crap shoot than picking up a known commodity in the NBA (Howard).

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Wait, what? They didn't really give him Shaq's number, did they???

3. Kate81

Kate81 Member

FIRE THE ORL GM.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Lakers have upped the ante from a Big 3 to a Big 4 while the Rockets are still looking for a Big 1.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Clinch a weak ass division? Hard to win the division when you have a prime Colts team in your backyard. The Jags sucks, but Tenn wasn't bad. It's much much harder to make the playoffs in the NFL. We were on track several times and fell short because of a few late game collapses.

As for this deal...LA may be good for the next two years, IF that. I honestly think Kobe is going to have a precipitous fall off following this season, as well as Nash. Not to mention, Gasol has gotten really week and is like 35 or something. Then all you have is Howard and his right back in the situation he was in Orlando.

Did he say whether or not he was signing an extension? Or is he still going with his desire to be a free agent?

Either way, he is following in the footsteps of Shaq, so for all the bs about wanting to be his own man, he sure is acting like a little boy.

Doesn't really affect us. If we did get him than we could have a good team within two years. If we don't were going to suck anyways, so it doesn't matter WHERE he goes.

Orlando is making a terrible mistake, why take crap, when you can decent stuff. Stuff is always better than crap, and we're talking about DECENT stuff...

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I still don't see the Lakers getting by OKC.

I know they are talented but Kobe is another year older (and aging rapidly) as is Gasol (does he even try anymore?). Nash is Nash but I never saw him being that much of a difference maker in the playoffs with his inability to stay in front of anyone. Howard really isn't THAT big of upgrade from Bynum. At least not enough to make up for Kobe thinking he is 25 but looking like he is 35.

OKC will still spank them in the playoffs with youth and athleticism.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

So.....

2013: GSW 2nd rd
    2014: non-lottery pick from DEN or NYK
    2015 or 2016: non-lottery pick from Philly
    2017: LAL 2nd rd
    2018: LAL 2nd rd

Look out America, the NBA Draft now belongs to Orlando!

1 person likes this.
  8. ClKent

ClKent Member

I felt i had to log back on to answer this one. Nobody complained when the Colts got to beat up on the expansion team Texans for the first 10 years in a weak division because they had a expansion team for two extra wins for at least the first 5 years. So everyone else should shut their mouths when it comes to the point the Colts are now rebuilding. They got Andrew Luck the supposed best player in the last decade of drafts. The Titans are as toughas they have always been for the Colts. Its an excuse to belittle the Texans accomplishments they KNOW are gonna happen for the next few years. Pure haterade on the Texans now that the tables have turned.

1 person likes this.
  9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nobody knows who you are and we wouldn't miss you if you died. Piss off.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No kidding.

Even if they're immulating the OKC model, with all that heavy protection on all those picks and every single team involved in the trade being playoff bound, they'll never have the top end picks needed to even TRY and pull this off.

What a loser. I'm happy to grow with our new rooks and keep the TOR and other picks as assets.

***** Olrando, they're gonna suck for the next decade.

11. ClKent

ClKent Member

LMAO the ironic thing is you probably said this stuff to guys like him over and over on these subjects and have never ever been right. Now that Dwight is gone to LA you are mad and he is not. He is proven right. :p

Morey did not get it done. Insert middle finger here_______.

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a terrible, terrible draft pick haul, considering how weak their player haul was. In essence, their total return was five mid-to-late first round picks, 3 second rounders and a bad contract.

14. thekad

thekad Member

The Toronto pick by itself is better than that haul. Goes to show how much a fantasy "Dwight to Houston" really was.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

To be fair, we did have the best offer. Sometimes the other team is just stupid.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where is this Laker big 4 you speak of??

17. HombreDeHierro

LOL

I'm glad we didn't get Dwight bc it feels nice to see the Magic get ****ed over so hard

18. ebatinga

ebatinga Member

I really don't know what the fuss is all about...Orlando got a great deal...I would have traded Howard for a bowl of seafood gumbo, popcorn shrimp, hush puppies and a glass of iced tead....Orlando came out way ahead....

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I thought for sure they were going to get better picks and one more young player. The player came in Harkless, but the rest is just terrible. Also thought they would move Glen Davis, who is on a terrible contract.

They might as well have asked us for Courtney Lee back if they wanted someone like Affalo (I think Affalo is slightly better, but also paid more).

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What did the city of Orlando ever do to you??? of all the teams in the nba to see suffer, its odd that people are really getting joy out of that team getting screwed over this bad.