1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets withdraw qualifying offer to Lee; now FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. pass_to_Hakeem

Kinda like the Bobcats? Yeah that will be fun to watch

2. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Why? He's free to go to a contender now. He's gone.

What I don't get about this move is Lee was a hot commodity around the trade deadline, but we didn't move him. Now we get nothing for him...

3. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Every day I see something on CF that kills me inside :(

4. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

CLee is considered an unristricted now so it's all up to Courtney

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If the Bulls match on Asik the Rockets get the right to reactive their bird rights on Lee, according to BimaThug.

Bima would have to clarify whether or not the Bulls could sign Lee immediately on July 11th and then match Asik 3 days later.

Either way, I don't care. I either want the team to add multiple players that include Asik and Gordon or I want them to add no one and just play all the young guys. Either way, don't need Lee.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah I agree with that. Doesnt make sense. I felt that back then about all of the things we didnt do during the trade deadline or draft. Morey wastes many opportunities this way.

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Rockets withdrew offer to Lee because if he accepted, would've taken them out of offers for Asik/Lin/Gordon, though Gordon still long shot.

8. Asian Sensation

Well the team is about to get a whole lot uglier overall. Literally.

9. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Not gonna judge in early July . . . but i'm gettin' nervous.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This off season is nuts. WTF is going on, burning money and assets and offer sheets like crack rocks.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Contenders are not just going to be able to pick up Lee.

A player like him is going to go for the highest offer and rightfully so. These teams are going to need the cap space if they are going to sign Lee so don't count the Rockets out of resigning him.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The price goes up when he goes from RFA to UFA. Just the nature of the game. No 3 day hold on your money and can bid several teams against each other easier.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I gotta stop coming in here. Every other thing I read is giving me heartburn.

14. avn81

avn81 Member

So we withdraw Lee's offer so we can make offers to players we have no shot in getting? Awesome.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yep! Guranteed!

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Newly arrived free agent guard Courtney Lee getting interest from Clippers, Pacers, Bulls, Mavs and Wizards, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

this is good guys. new direction. if you guys want pick 14 again, then hate changes. remember the.definition of stupidity. we have literally nothing to lose. stop dwighthowarding! brace yourselves for the all new Houston rockets.

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Mediocre Morey

19. Pocket Rockets

Is it possible for he bulls to sign lee b4 July 11 and then match asik? I remember Orlando did this to Dallas with gortat and bass.

This would screw us both ways

20. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Trust me this doesn't effect Howard coming here..lee isn't a superstar and don't think just cause he played with him doesn't mean they are best friends..besides we all know Howard isn't coming here anyways...
    Sorry but lee isn't the best option at sg so although I like him why should we commit to him when we can go after Gordon (perhaps sign and trade) or keep Martin and have lamb groomed to become our shooting guard of future..wish lee good luck but we all know what lee is as a player, solid role player