1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Cell Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn. That will be next phone on Sprint. Sweet.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WIzrF0bhg0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WIzrF0bhg0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

wish it had a bigger battery

what's wrong with having a phone that's not the 'thinnest' in the world? do we need our phones to slice bread? make it a bit thicker, up the battery to 3300mAh

SMH

4. Two Sandwiches

I agree with this. That is my biggest complaint. As long as it will fit in my pocket, I'll sacrifice 5-10 mm.

The video I posted above doesn't show the dedicated camera button it has, which is a nice plus, in my opinion. I think it's crazy to have that nice a camera, with no dedicated button.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My Lumia 900 in sexy cyan should be at my doorstep on Friday. So excited to finally get my hands on this beauty!

[​IMG]

6. Two Sandwiches

You can pre-order the new Evo 4G LTE (Sprint) at Wirefly for $119.99. That's a great deal. At Sprint, it's $200 (although you might get it a tad earlier). At Best Buy, it's $200 (with a $50 Best Buy gift card). I'm not totally sure whether any of the companies will waive the $36 activation fee. I don't think Sprint or Best Buy will, bu I might try to talk Wirefly into it when I pre-order mine.

Just wanted to pass this along.

$119.99 Evo 4G LTE for Sprint

Sprint will ship apparently on May 15th (according to rumors...nothing is official). Wirefly had something up saying that they would ship on the 18th, and this was quickly pulled. The 18th is the rumored launch date.

I'm super pumped for this phone.

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I play around with it at one of the store and so damn underwhelm by the OS. Vertical scrolling of one role APPS are just terribly unintuitive. You can't scroll to the next image if it's enlarged. Little thing like that is a big turn off for me. I'm going to hold out a little longer for Apollo.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I want to switch out my iphone for something different. something thats better as an actual phone (like being able to talk/good signal)..

i was hoping the lumia was that device but the OS is still way behind android and ios.

it just felt like the entire screen space was wasted in most of the apps with giant headings. i hate scrolling for no reason. windows os does a lot of it. horizontal, vertical..

next biggest omission was the lack of a notification center. the live tiles are ok but i am not scrolling up and down to see app has new notifications. and no i dont want to pin EVERYTHING to the home page.

can't take a screenshot? :mad:

do not want.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

This. I just added an extra large battery to my Galaxy Nexus. Almost doubled the thickness of the phone (see image below). But the extra weight and the added ridge actually make the phone easier to grip and hold, not harder.

[​IMG]

Plus, my battery now easily lasts all day with 4g and wifi enabled and 50% screen brightness. The stock battery was running out by lunchtime.

10. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

What about the razr maxx. I like the idea of having an all day battery life. Right now I have the droid X.

11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Nice. Switched from IPhone 4. Need to get myself ready for Windows 8.

Love the fact the phone was free and it took me 1-2 day to break old habits.
    Sure it's missing some features but I love how I don't feel overwhelmed by the sea of icons.

I love the mail client and all the contact stuff. I think the apps are more stylish. Obviously office on it is nice.

Just missing some apps, but the majority of it is there.

Trust me if your a nerd on phones, it will take more than 20 minute try at the At&T store to get beyond the metro tiles.

12. Two Sandwiches

I preordered my Evo 4g LTE this past week.

Can't wait till Friday to pick it up!

13. Two Sandwiches

Got the Evo 4g LTE today. Just got it about an hour ago. This phone is so awesome compared to my HTC Hero. I'm in awe.

I just have a smoke colored TPU case around it that still gives me access to the kickstand, but hides the fingerprint magnet of the glossy plastic.

I got the Best Buy protection plan too, in case I drop it. Good deal.

14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

How are you liking Sense 4.0?

15. Two Sandwiches

I don't mind it at all.

I've only used Sense, though, so I'm used to it. My Hero was the only other smartphone I've owned, so I may not be a good judge of it, lol.

It's amazing how much better the radios are speeds are now that I'm on a current line phone. I feel like I upgraded to 4g LTE (even though I won't see if for a good 18 months, probably) just because of the hardware of this phone versus my last phone.

Even though Sprint has slow 3G speeds, these are fine for me. Wifi at my house is absolutely flying, too.

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Do you ever use the kickstand? I find them absolutely useless on phones.

17. Scionxa

Check your mobile network settings. On the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, LTE/CDMA mode was turned off by default. I turned it on, and a few hours later when I was with that person we got a glimpse of Sprint LTE by Gessner.

Most of the towers in Houston are live, but most towers are blocking phones from accessing it. Some towers are not.

18. Two Sandwiches

I live in Erie, Pa. No LTE for me for a while. How are the LTE speeds?

I already turned the phone to CDMA only.

Adeel, I have actually used the kickstand just to try it out for a few. This one is actually very sturdy and supports the phone in three different positions (and you can charge the phone using it). I can see myself using it in the future while watching Youtube and movies.

19. Scionxa

Haha, my bad. I assumed you were in Houston. They were pretty good, about 15 megs down, 8 up.

Let us know how the battery life is. I remember the OG EVO was notorious for it's terrible battery life lol.

#59 Scionxa, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I think the being able to charge it while on kickstand is a crucial component they missed on the Motorola kickstands.