1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Chase Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYpz3abAk98?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYpz3abAk98?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

SO what now?

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

We win all our games, and hope Dallas is tied with lakers on their last game for the 2nd spot so NO loses that game too.

4. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

My gut is telling me that we may end up with same record as NO
    I think they beat Phoenix Utah and their last game the ****ing Mavericks I hope I'm wrong though.

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h1bbwcltsj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I think Hornets are gonna lose atleast 4 of their next 6. Its certain

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

That still requires us to go undefeated, and we have NO Dall and ATL

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

worried about Dallas of the ones u mentioned.

9. rawool

rawool Member

Man, I hate how you guys overlook all the other games against sub-.500 teams. These teams have nothing to lose, so they're equally as dangerous.

It's going to be a stressful, gut-wrenching two weeks. It would be amazing,a nd I mean AMAZING if we win out.

10. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Well Portland is about to beat the Thunder so we can cross them off the list of free falling out of the playoffs.

11. NMS is the Best

I don't believe anyone had them on that list in the first place. We were actually depending on them pull through for us in games against Memphis and New Orleans...

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

A few people did. They have a tough schedule remaining and came into the picture of falling out once they tied New Orleans but they were short lived on the belief of potentially falling out since they won tonight.

13. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Aldridge in the post game interview just now said that after seeing Houston win tonight, they had to up their intensity to get a win.

1 person likes this.
  14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yep, that was a pretty big win for Portland. They'd pretty much have to lose out now, which isn't impossible with their schedule but looking very unlikely now.

I think New Orleans is probably our best hope, however small, now with Memphis having 4 of 6 games against losing teams coming up. Unless Kevin Love can deliver a shocker tomorrow against Memphis I don't see Memphis as in play. Memphis is 9-4 against their remaining competition this season with 3 of those losses to NO and Portland. So it will take a couple of huge shockers to bring Memphis back into play.

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Wednesdays game against Hornets will be crucial.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's one from the Rockets' 1986 playoff run.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cAMLa5ZC-B4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Problem is if they are resting their players for playoffs, in case they have no chance at topping the Lakers, they will be doing the same thing against NO... And if they are still playing hard we'd have to pull a big shocker.

18. chadyang

chadyang Member

Seems like MEM is gonna win MIN...the last hope is NO...:mad:

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

NO skid is the only way..

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Minnesota has cut a 17 point deficit down to 8 with about 8 minutes to go. Wolves are winning the 2nd half thus far...so there may slim hope for a comeback.