1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Chase Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Mar 5, 2011.

1. rawool

rawool Member

We have to win out and hope either:
    1) NOH goes 1-4
    2) MEM goes 2-3.
    3) NOH and MEM both go 2-3 with NO losing to MEM

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Im not keeping my hopes up for any miracles the hornets have to o 1-4 and we have to win out memphis has to go 2-3. Fun season hopefully we don't get into this situation next season....

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kinda sucks not making it on a winning streak, I hope our play is rewarded

4. rawool

rawool Member

It just hurts to see NOH and MEM win close games last week. They easily could have gone the other way. We just couldn't get a break.

5. lalala902102001

Look at the bright side -- we are the best team in the lottery.

Actually, never mind.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

SW Division is ridiculous. sigh

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What sucks the most is that honestly, we are the team that deserves to be in the playoffs the most out of Nola and Memphis. The way we have fought through all the adversity this season is just amazing.

Plus, the Hornets and Grizzlies aren't gonna do anything in the playoffs anyway. Houston would make more noise.

Sigh...:(

8. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I love my Rockets, but Memphis certainly deserves a playoff berth. They've battled through injuries and have beaten tough teams.

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If only we didnt suck so bad in the beginning and middle of the season.

Procrastination is bad, mmkay.

10. ABforPresident

Im not giving up quite yet...

If we beat NOLA and they lose to MEM and Dalla, we would just need Utah or Pheonix to steal a game away and we in!...Thats assuming we win out of course

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

You have to assume though that Dallas plays their starters that last game of the season for them to lose that. This game on Wednesday is turning out to be huge for us and then I am huge Suns and hate to say it Jazz and Mavs fan.

12. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Damn the whole East vs West setup!

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Hornets will lose against us, phoenix and memphis, and then in thriller overtime they win against dallas and clinch the playoffs

nah

I still believe the Rockets will get the 8th spot

the Gods are behind us

14. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

dont lose hope yet

looks tough but don't give up yet people!!...every game is like a playoff game so its really fun watching this team..I thnk suns could upset NO ....I will still believe that they will get in!!

15. ribbit

ribbit Member

I sure hope so... but the Suns are out of the playoff race. :(

Still believing, tho'. ;)

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

nash

it all depends on if Nash is back....he was out against the spurs today because of flu like symptoms...i know he has had alot of nagging injuries this season so I hope they don't shut him down now that they have been officially eliminated from the playoffs...with Nash they have a chance to beat NO..without him, not so much....

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

We're going to be the tallest midget yay!

18. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Playoff pictures at this point, you would just have to roll the dice and get lucky. It's win out and advance or even win out and go home. The outcome is out of our hands.

NOH have Carl Landry. As an ex-rocket fan fave, I can see him stepping up and being huge for them. After all, his game did develop as a rocket. He has what it takes.

MEM has Shane, they lost Gay which would minus about 18-20pts a night for them. But Mr. intangible could also fill the void of 18-20pts with his defense the way MEM is using him.

It sucks when you are chasing teams that have your ex players that you know WILL make an impact for their team.

That being said, this team's current roster is much better suited for the Princeton offense of RA. The record after the deadline speaks for itself.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Portland's magic number is one, I think they are in.

Nawlins' magic number is two, it is a longshot given how they've been playing but there is a shot.

Memphis' magic number is three. Probably our best chance but they too have been playing like beasts.

We need to win out and need to count on a miracle.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i hate this division

:(