1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DIME MAG] NBA Trade Pitch: Carmelo Anthony to Houston for Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Aug 26, 2010.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Lowry, JR & Bud of the bench.... :eek:

2. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

I would think Denver would want to dump salaries as well.

I think technically we could do something like this:

Battier
    Jeffries for Melo
    2 NY Picks
    Cash considerations (cash to buyout Battier's contract)

a second trade

Jordan Hill
    Chuck Hayes for Al Harrington
    Cash considerations

third trade

The trade exemption from Ariza for JR Smith

Although Harrington and Smith don't fit perfectly with out team, it works for denver. They would clear 60 million on future salary off their books, get 2 first round picks and a young player in Hill.

Houston would have alot of personalities to juggle, but arguable one of the deepest teams in the NBA that could survive just about any injury.

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Was I talking to you? No need to come into a conversation with a smart aleck comment.

4. worzel gummidge

Harrington was signed by the Nuggets this off-season.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Do not want. Martin is at his nadir in terms of value. After 2010-2011 he'll be known as a superstar.

6. sfayner

sfayner Member

If you can get Carmelo for him, he's not at his nadir.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

dude you can't blame your comprehension issues on someone else. you are a r****d.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You were talking to everybody. It's a message board. That's how they work.

Back on topic, I would love this trade. I fear we'd have to give up more to get Melo.

9. TheGoldenGreek

I like this deal alot. I think it would put us right there with the Lakers. The only thing is I think it is a little bit unrealistic. In reality I think we'd have to give up Hill or Bud and maybe a pick to make the deal. I'd still do it. I think JR would be a nice punch off the bench.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If we do give up NY pick....why not give up our OWN #1 pick since we KNOW NY is going to be suck next year.

11. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

12. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

k that would nvr happen

13. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

It's the title of the article. Geez.

I'm torn in regards to this proposal. This trade wouldn't gut our depth or touch our youth, but I would love to see Martin play off Yao. I've wanted him on this teams for a couple of years now, and when we got him at the deadline, I couldn't have been happier. Either way, it's an exciting time to be a Rox fan.

14. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

[​IMG]

15. TheGoldenGreek

If they agree to that than absolutely! I'd guess that they'd push for the NY pick because it is an obviously better pick and, since we're acquiring a superstar, I don't think it's too much to ask for.

I know alot of people don't want to give up Martin because they are excited to see what he can do with Yao...but don't you think Melo would be even better with Yao? Isn't Melo a better player than Martin? I agree that Martin would be awesome with Yao but I don't think they'e be awesome enough to be a dealbreaker for a guy like Melo. These opportunities don't come around very often, so since there is one available now we have to take advantage.

16. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I didn't "make" the thread title or create it myself. Read the article with your eyes and you'll see that is the title of the article (word for word).

17. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Melo's talent is undeniable but I think Martin might be a better fit. His perimeter shooting alongside Brooks would give Yao and Scola help with spacing. Also, his ability to draw fouls at such a high rate would benefit Yao in getting to the ft line more. Either way, I'm comfortable with whatever direction Morey takes.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Getting Lee makes moresense now. bring in a defensive minded SG to coverup for Melos on defense and replace martyn qwhen he leaves.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Championship squad if he is looking for that sort of thing. If he is looking for Clippers, Knicks, and Nets like reported? Then who knows what his motivation is? It isnt winning.

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Denver is afraid to lose Anthony for nothing after the season is up, so they trade him for Martin and two players who are gone after the season is up? Does not compute.