1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Guess we'll find out! I'm sure I'll be crazy enough to see it, so I hope it's good.

Did someone really post a spoiler earlier and not "hide it?" Isn't that a gigantic no-no? I haven't read it, but I'm sure some people have, from the reaction. If it's still there (I don't want to look!), a mod should get rid of it, if the person who posted it hasn't.

2. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yes, but the difference between SW3 shooting for a 13 and T4 shooting for a 13 is that Star Wars was PG before hand, and they had (rightfully so) a lot more violent scenes that would have detracted from the film had they not been shown. T4 would be removing alot of the raw brutal violence that was present in the first couple of films regarding the future war.

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

Kinda busy right now.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Vinnie Chase. He could have made big bucks doing Aquaman 2, but left the money on the table to make a smaller film.

[​IMG]

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wow, that trailer looks good. :cool:

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

When the first 3 Terminator movies (and the TV show) showed images from the future is was always dark of night. I thought party becuase of the bombs that had gone off and the machines blackening the sky to kill off life, so I was surprised to see daylight in the trailer.

8. mokulen

mokulen Contributing Member

The new trailer. Not terribly impressed with it.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dixLe0N8o9M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dixLe0N8o9M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks good to me. I'm in.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ way to re-quote the trailer link, in case anyone missed it right above!! ;)

I'm with you though, looks entertaining. Would have been nice if they could have had more consistency with John Connor's character - both the actor playing him and his demeanor, but can't really complain about the new everything i touch is gold guy of the moment.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Considering how the real world has developed vs what was supposed to happen according to the movies, I think they did the right thing by saying up front that this isn't the world he expected, they changed the future, but it didn't get better. I'm still worried about McG as a director. When I saw that dirt bike doing a jump I couldn't help but think about Charlies Angels 2, but then John Connor did have a dirt bike in T2.

Some people have been quipping about Bale bringing his Batman voice with him, but he sounds very similar to his character in Reign of Fire.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Same freakin' BATMAN raspy voice... Bale:

"What happened here. I'm Batman."
    "I don't know if we can win this war. I'M BATMAN."
    "This might be the future my mother warned me about. I'm Batman."
    And the one that sounds like a line out of the FIRST Batman:
    "You tried killing my mother. You killed my father... you will not kill me... I'M BATMAN! :mad: "

:p Christian Frickin' Baletman... will always be BATMAN... and will ALWAYS sound like BATMAN... just like Christopher Reeve could not shed the Superman character... LOL!

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

christian bale actually does a lot of different voices and is great with different accents, usually going for a different sound in every movie (see newsies, reign of fire, laurel canyon, american psycho, 3:10 to yuma, the machinist, batman). but when he's whispering that line to marcus he does sound a lot like batman. he'll probably always be batman now but as far as his voice goes, he can switch into a different character pretty easily.

14. SwoLy-D

He sounds so much like friggin' BATMAN. That's all I'm gonna say. BALE BALETMAN BATMAN BATELMAN BATERMINALTEMORAN TERMINALTERMORAN TERMINATMORAN... MORANs. :eek:

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not too worried about the PG-13 thing. Wasn't The Dark Knight PG-13? A good story and good acting doesn't need a lot of violence or nudity to make a great movie.

From what I have heard so far one thing that bothers me is that they are having another friendly terminator.

If this is supposed to be sort of a prequel to the original Terminator shouldn't Reese hate and fear all of the Terminators?

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Between the television series and the movies, I don't know what's going on with the Terminator stuff these days. Is any of the television series stuff applicable to this new movie, i.e. does it carry over into this new movie? Or, does the television series have no bearing on the movie, i.e. completely separate?

17. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i am all confused also. time travel is not my strongest subject.

any experts here that can kinda bridge the 4 movies and tv show together?

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'm actually kinda surprised that trailer looks that good. I am not expecting much from this movie (mainly because of McG).

Also, I don't really think that sounded much like his Batman voice at all.

19. SwoLy-D

You're right :eek: :
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2AkZ3akTZ4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2AkZ3akTZ4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    @ 17" "It's not who I am underneath... ♪ but what I do ♫ ... that defines me... [​IMG]"

20. lalala902102001

Terminator just ain't the same without the Governator.