1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

FIXED

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The trailer looks okay and Bale is typically good. But McG? His very NAME tells you how much he sucks.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The show and the movie have no bearing on each other last I heard. Show has it's own universe.

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

My buddy just posted this on facebook walking outta the premiere of this movie.

To quote: "I want to advise anyone who was excited to see Terminator Salvation to go see Star Trek instead. Trust me, you'll thank me if you ever do get around to watching the steaming pile of **** that was Terminator Salvation. Summer Movie Expectations Scorecard: 1-2."

Yeah, I'll still go see it anyway.....but my expectations have been adjusted.

5. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

My friend said it was whack as well, but I'm still going to watch it anyways.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

2 positive and 6 negative on rottentomatoes so far.

pretty sad about that. thought it would have been really good.

:eek:

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Bummer.

Terminator has always been one of my favorite series, and this was my most anticipated movie of the summer. Blah :(

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Oh, well good for yeeeew

[​IMG]

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Never saw the last Terminator with Arnold. THought it looked cheesey with the chick terminator. Guess I should have given it a shot, same with the tv shows from what I've heard.

I thought this one looked promising from the trailer. Sad to hear it's not. Guess I'll wait to down.....rent this one.

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Rotten tomatoes has been very consistent lately, so I will take note...

11. GRENDEL

sucks to hear about the bad early buzz, was hoping it might have turned out well, will still check it out this weekend.

12. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I saw it at midnight. It wasn't as good as 1 or 2 but better than 3. It was pretty good, but the only thing that really bothered me as that you don't really get to connect with John Connor at all. He doesn't even feel like the main character of the movie. Christian Bale also really didn't wow me with his performance. All in all, it's a great movie to set up new sequels in the Terminator universe.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'll probably still go see it, but have to take kids to the night at the museum one first...

sucks to hear it isn't all that badass...

14. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

This movie is getting awful reviews. When even Harry Knowles HATES your movie (and the guy loved The Phantom freaking Menace), you know you have a problem.

My movie ratings meter:

1: OMG! I'm so there opening day!
    2: I suppose it's worth checking out in a theater
    3: Eh, I'll wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray
    4: Bah, I'll catch it on cable TV someday
    5: Meh, not worth my time even if there's nothing else on

Based on the initial reviews, I'm downgrading Terminator from a tenuous 2 to a solid 3.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is Kristanna Loken in it?

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just rewatched the original Terminator last night. That movie really has held up well over time.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Bryce Howard was on Stern this morning. Sounded hot until I saw her picture.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

she looks good in spidey 3

19. GRENDEL

I agree with you there, the flick, outside of effects, is a hellva movie. There's a reason why it's a classic

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't really see how you can compare this film to the others. This film seems to be a man vs machine war film first and foremost. I've read some people saying it lacked heart but where is the time for heart when you are fighting a war? lol. I expect a bunch of action and stuff being blown up with a lot of cool looking machines we haven't seen yet, i.e. a total popcorn flick.

If it really is a bad film when said and done, then I'm kind of pissed off because:

1.) There are test screenings to gauge how much test audiences like it. They are supposed to make adjustments if it didn't screen well.
    2.) Christian Bale was heavily involved in the script re-writes and making sure John Connor got equal billing to his co-star...whereas John Connor wasn't central to the plot before Bale came on board. Bale's ego demanded a script re-write and now we're hearing Bale wasn't so great in it nor was the story so good? Well...frack me.
    3.) How do you screw up Terminator? Three was the worst so far but even it wasn't as much bad as it just wasn't as good as the other two...which were very hard to live up to IMO given the original cast.

#80 Surfguy, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009