1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If McG had the balls to...

end the film with John Connor dying and Marcus giving up his body to keep John Connor alive in terminator form, leading the resistance, that would have been interesting, especially in potential sequels. They were clearly heading in that direction, only to chicken out at the last moment. So instead we get a generic, cookie cutter ending, punctuated by an uninspiring potential story for the sequel...fortunately for us McG is off the franchise now.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^It would make an interesting plot, but it would effectively piss on the original classic Terminator movies even more.

John Connor is the messiah....

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i've only got one question...what exactly was this movie supposed to answer or accomplish?

4. Invisible Fan

How the Terminator brand still brings in the bacon.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

now THAT would have been brilliant

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Star Wars was always supposed to be a trilogy of trilogies.

Part 1 would be 1-3, 2 would be 4-6, 3 would be 7-9.

He began in the middle with the intention of doing the prequels at another time. Unfortunately he made a crappy set of prequels.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Glad this thread popped up- saw it again the other night. I really liked this flick and would give it a B+. Great effects, good action, likeable characters. Yeah, it wasn't revolutionary in terms of story, but it was a great action flick.

And Moon Bloodgood was smoking hot.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I liked this movie as well, but one issue I had with it was the director encouraging overacting. Seemed like there were several instances where Bale, Worthington, and the kid who played Kyle Reese way overacted their lines. I've never seen these actors overact in a movie before like they did in T4 so I assume it was the director.

Regardless I enjoyed it more the T3 and it had spectacular action.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I saw it over the weekend and thought it was solid. Like has been said, it was better than T3. I think the action scenes were up there with any one of the films. I was expecting to be disappointed after reading this thread and some early reviews early on when the film came out. But, I liked the film and I'm looking forward to the next one. I guess my expectations for it were not as high as those that didn't like it. I wanted a future war against the machines and I feel that is what I got with a quirky subplot and cheesy ending.

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yep, that would've been great and ironic because we know how much John Connor hated the machines.

McG should never touch another good franchise. He should go back to his Charlie's Angels crap.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i bet you 7-9 will come one day. probably about ohh 12 years from now.

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

file Salvation under "what could have been"

I wouldn't put all the blame on McG. The script was plain dog *****.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And you can thank Christian Bale partly for that.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

i got it on blu-ray for xmas and will watch it again tonight...

15. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

Agreed. T1 wasn't exactly Shakespeare.

I hated T3 though.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think people who usually like crappy movies were really harsh on Salvation which I can't understand. It wasn't as good as that first trailer made you think it would be, but it was full of excellent action. It was lacking in the elements that make action movies rise above, but I thought the visuals were enough to make it a must see at least once.

Put me down as somebody who hated the original ending of the Sam Worthington Terminator somehow putting on John Connor's skin and becoming him. It seemed just as bad as the ending that they used.

Speaking of what could have been, have you guys read the original scriptment for Avatar? Holy crap!

17. Invisible Fan

^Yeah, I thought the movie was alright. Lowered expectations and T3 does that to a person.

Hated the original surprise ending.