1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much alcohol do you typically drink per week?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Isabel

Isabel Member

I might pick a couple of nights a week to have drinks; I only have a couple at a time though. After that it's diminishing returns... don't feel any better, consuming more calories, and risking a headache. No beer. Wine - I like but it's expensive and high in calories, so only occasionally. Otherwise I'll just pour a little vodka or rum in a diet drink.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

beer: 1 a week on average. Some weeks will have none, some will have 2 or 3.

wine: The wife and I drink 4-6 bottles a week.

liquor: I average about 1 drink every two weeks.

It changes all the time really except for the wine is pretty consistent.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've gotten very good at not drinking during the week. My work is too important to not be the most alert and fockassed; hence why my GARM posts are almost nothing during the week.

but as has been well documented here, on Friday and Saturday, all bets are off. Not sure if I can even quantify

I've got the serious Irish gene that allows me to drink forever. And in practice, this a lot since I live a block from the downtown Mall in boulder and my comdo porch is a hangout for bbqs and drinks. Too many social occasions, planned and ad hoc, especially when my new neighbor is contributing to the social scene

Still need to tone it down a notch. Haha. We're working on it.

#83 heypartner, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Beer: 24+
    Wine: 3-5 bottles (split with dining partner/s)
    Liquor: 2 margaritas

I've been in the wine business for 13 years and was in the beer business for over 7 years before that. As a result, while the numbers above seem quite large, I rarely (almost never) get drunk.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

close to 5,000-6,000 calories a week on booze? How do you stay in shape?

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

None, I don't drink alcohol. I don't think moderate drinking is wrong; Jesus drank wine. I don't drink for health reasons. Although red wine might be good for cardiovascular health.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Golf, bike, walk, sex...
    I'm not in great shape, but I'm certainly not fat. I also don't eat a ton of food (anymore).

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I usually only drink on Saturday nights (been like that for about 2 years), and that's usually either mixed drinks or scotches on the rocks. My fiance and I are pretty active so during the week, we're either in the gym, or playing some kind of team sport (flag football, basketball, softball, etc). However, I'm having my bachelor party in Miami next month, and I have a feeling my lack of liver workouts recently is going to catch up to me. Haha.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

12-15 beers a week.
    Only drink wine typically when I'm around others who are drinking it. I'll rarely buy my own. Sometimes we'll have mimosas on the weekend.
    Maybe 1-2 liquor drinks a week and typically margaritas. I'll sometimes buy a small bottle of bourbon or vodka during my Friday night trip to Specs, but not consistently.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t534/cerberus715/mar1juana-perfect-pot-smoke-smoke-w_zps995b2ce4.jpg

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Funny, I've always considered myself as an above-average drinker, but when I actually do the numbers I find that I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. I guess having twin 2-year old boys has a lot to do with that. They wake up early on weekends and they don't care if mommy and daddy are hungover or not...

Beer - Used to drink a LOT of beer, but nowadays it's only for get-togethers with friends and/or family. Gigs too, but most of those are private gigs where drinking isn't allowed for band members.

Wine - The wife doesn't drink wine, so we don't keep much around the house. I'll drink a glass (or bottle...) of pinot when I'm with certain family members who drink it.

Liquor - We probably eat mexican about 4 times a month and it's physically impossible for me to eat mexican food without multiple margaritas.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

One Shelf.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It really fluctuates. Sometimes I go a couple of weeks without drinking any. Some weeks I might just have a glass of champagne or wine here and there. And some weeks, I get wasted more than once (that has been becoming more and more rare, though - children, getting old and taking longer to recover, more professional responsibilities...).

I'm purely a social drinker. I have no interest in drinking alcohol by myself.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was doing a health survey for my job and the question came up: how many alcoholic beverages do you have a week?

I said 10-12 as an extremely conservative number and was sent pamphlets about alcohol dependency. Jebus if they knew the real number...

ronclone, Xerobull and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

when this thread was started I was a zero beers but at least a half gallon of captain morgans and at least a fifth of tequila a week drinker.

Now days I'll have one margarita with a mexican dinner, or one shot with friends, but I don't drink to the point of being drunk any longer. I just don't like the feeling the next day.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

18. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Getting old and can't drink like i use to without feeling like crap the next day.

Anyone try that CBD oil? I see places in Houston selling it now.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

I have no idea what I posted in this thread earlier, I haven't changed much, hopefully the post didn't either.

Then when and the why and the with who has a whole lot to do with your alcohol consumption (the what does change, granted), whether it's degenerate or it's justified.

20. Buck Turgidson

That's a thread.

I've been told many times to try it for my joints, I haven't been able to take it long enough to determine anything, because I was worried about failing a test. Is it better than glucosamine/chondroitin? No freaking idea.

There's a lot of misinformation out there, and there's a lot of bogus product, and the laws just changed here in Texas.

So a Knowledge Thread would be worthwhile.

Torn n Frayed likes this.