1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much alcohol do you typically drink per week?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Aug 24, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

During the weekend, I don't think I've gone without at least a few drinks for many, many years.

What do some of you guys do on Friday and Saturday nights?

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i drink 1 or 2 days out of the month, and stick to beer or wine.

i hate both feeling dehydrated and being hungover, alcohol isn't worth it to me.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Don't drink very often. A beer or a mixed drink or a glass of wine every few months. Got the drinking out of my system in my 20's.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Beer: 5-10 a week
    Wine: Maybe one or 2 glasses a week (Only while out to dinner)
    Liquor: Maybe a drink or 2 per week also. Recently, I have been on a Kraken rum binge, so recent numbers are higher

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Once you're of legal age drinking gets kind of boring.

Beer: Maybe a Corona once in a blue moon when out to eat
    Wine: Like it just never think to pick it up at the store. Holidays usually.
    Liquor: Margarita while out to eat every couple of months.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Your bank account is proud of you. :)

7. thejav

thejav Member

never drank in my 28 years..

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beer -6-12, more towards 12 during football season
    Wine -2-3
    Mixed - 2-4 - mostly margaritas at lunch during the weekend, which is a tradition. A martini here and there for pre dinner drinks

That's pretty much Friday to Sunday since I don't drink the rest of the week

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't drink alcohol unless I'm at a bar, party, restaurant, or watching sports.

So depending on whether I do those things or not in a week, I can go from having 0 drinks all the way up to infinity.

10. VBG

VBG Member

Beer: 10 - 20
    Wine: 0
    Liquor: really depends

11. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I drink too much.

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I drink more.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am on my 8th Shiner Bock at the momet , I only drink on the weekend and it is always just beer. Never been much on wine and whiskey gets me in trouble.

14. bigtexxx

yeah so far tonight I've had 3 Shiner Märzen style Oktoberfest beers, and most of a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc wine from Peju winery in Napa.

liquor is for clubbing, which I pretty much only do when I'm in Vegas or Miami

15. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

I would like to hang out with some of you wine drinkers so I could get the finer details of wine drinking.
    I do believe I could learn to appreciate

16. bigtexxx

Yeah wine is amazing. The rib and I buy all the wine that we drink for the year at wineries that we visit personally on vacation -- it makes it much more interesting when you actually sit down to drink it, because you remember the experience from the winery. Trips to Napa, Bordeaux, Australia, and even the Texas wine country have filled up our wine fridges for years.

but I still love beer, too.

17. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

The prospect of drinking wine made here in Texas intrigues me, Maybe when the misses lightens up a bit we can venture into the Hill Country and try a little wine. She is into drinking wine and maybe that can expedite the process a little more. She was born and raised in Johnson City, so maybe we can start in that part of the state.

18. bigtexxx

Johnson City is pretty close to the epicenter of Texas wine. The 290 corridor outside of Fredericksburg.

In general, the normal red wines that people like (Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot) that are made in Texas all suck. They're terrible. Some of the Italian and Spanish varietals (Sangiovese, Tempranillo) work well because the climate in the Hill Country is similar to that of Spain and Italy. The whites are decent -- try Becker and Grape Creek if you go there.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice shout out to Grape Creek. Friend of mine is the wine master...or whatever it is called that grows/produces. He also makes great personal beer brews. Great guy.

Definitely agree on the getting wines from places you've been to. Wish I had more Bordeauxs from my trip but i also had to bring some champagnes from the champagne region as well

#39 DonkeyMagic, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I keep in great shape, so beer is an absolute NEVER. Plus, it doesn't give me a buzz, doesn't taste particularly good, and who the F wants to feel bloated? Not me.

If or when I drink, it's normally vodka, either plain on ice or mixed with some tonic or something light.

Healthier martinis can be good.

I like wine while I'm working from home and relaxing. My book (published) was mainly written while I was drinking wine.

Like other have written, the hangovers aren't worth it.

I did my share of binge drinking for 8 years. I'm on to better things now.