1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee up next on Rockets' wish list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2019.

1. Abraham Rodriguez

Who could we trade for Iguodala? People complain hes old, but he always gives us problems in the playoffs..

Hard_foul likes this.
  2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Joakim Noah!

D-rock likes this.
  3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Noah..haha i’m ok with him

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't you? after an 11-14 start, what happened. those guys replaced the guys coming off the bench. capela was out for almost 2 months. cp3 also was out. not sure why you wouldn't think after losing 14 games of 25 total games, things didn't get better once rivers/faried got on board bc that's exactly what happened. that's a projection of about a .500 team which is clearly not good enough to make the playoffs in the west.

losing 14 games in 25 of them doesn't exactly project well in the long run. so you thinking the rockets would have made the playoffs isn't that likely, had the rockets not picked up much better players, to replace the scrubs off the offseason that clearly did not fit this team

marky :) likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Khem Birch is also interesting. He’s restricted, but the magic just re-signed Vuc and have Bamba behind him. I could see the Magic doing Birch a solid by letting him take a bigger role / opportunity here as the main backup.

D-rock, joshuaao and Da Wink like this.
  6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1.) Can't give 3 years to House with the BAE.
    2.) Redick and Lamb each went for double-digit millions, which priced out the Rockets even if they waved goodbye to House and offered the entire NT-MLE.

If you think Daryl Morey would give up FOUR FIRST ROUND PICKS without an understanding that Butler would have re-signed, had they done the deal, I don't know what to tell you. It's been reported on my show and others. That's where the huge jump would have come from -- the enormous 5-year, $190-million contract that they'd be giving out after the season. But even in the confines of last year, it's not just comparing Knight/Chriss to Butler -- you'd have also been required to add another minimum salary at some point to fill out the roster. Which would take it closer to 3 or 4 million. And when you consider how extremely close Houston was to the tax line, that would have blown them past it.

Why on earth are you a fan? Honest question. You're basically saying you think everyone in the organization is lying to you. Do you not see how paranoid that sounds? A much more reasonable conclusion would be that they're trying for bigger deals, but they're inherently hard to execute.

Wait a minute. You're going to micro-analyze the time component when it suits your interest, but ignore it otherwise? If the Rockets were hellbent on avoiding the cap at all costs last year, why would they wait until the final 18 hours with the Knight/Ennis deals to get under? Do you know how risky that would be, should the other team pull out? Why would they negotiate adding even more salary for Butler?

If you're trying to avoid the luxury tax, being above the tax line 18 hours before the trade deadline is an absurd and incompetent way to go about it.

P.S. They let LMM go primarily due to medical concerns, and then he played four games out of 82.

D-rock, TheRealAllpro and Williamson like this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

depth was a huge issue last season. i think our starting 5 even with no bench makes the playoffs last year. the thing, imo that did us in was the injuries on top of having no depth.

i think we only had 6 NBA players on the roster and the rest were all fringe at best.

i think this year we're starting with 7 (counting rivers and house). i don't think they rockets will use the remaining MLE to add anyone since i think they're trying to avoid the tax again. but they may find another steal for the minimum like mcgee. or maybe they'll find a S&T for shumpert like iguodala or covington. that would get us up to 8 or even 9 NBA players.

in a wide open year that's right where we want to be. better than last year. just hope for less injuries.

D-rock likes this.
  8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Sitting here waiting for the “we had a deal” BS

Sajan, Gray_Jay, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Given Dan Tony's short rotations.....

I mean, I'm surprised we haven't seen the "Hoosiers" 4-man rotation out there. Except it's probably against regulations.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

the starting 5 was missing capela and cp3 for a chunk of the year. they are not surviving the long haul after losing 14 games in the first 25 games. without the additions of rivers/faried

xiki likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

4 man rotation. that must be morey's new math.

i honestly think the short rotations were because everyone else was a liability on at least one end of the court.

D-rock likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you're right but i also see confounding variables in this equation. on one hand, given the lack of depth, and injuries throughout the year, and their terrible start, its a fair assumption to think they would've missed the playoffs if rivers/faried not been signed.

but lets also acknowledge other things that improved as well. we didn't have a defensive coach to start the season (nor did it seem we played any defense at that time), and we had poor fit/chemistry issues.

i think rivers/faried/house (ya know, like, a bench) helped for sure. they were more talented and better fits than MCW/melo/ennis/chriss/knight.

and Bzdelik also helped.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We keep going for the Over the hill gang....sigh.

DD

Denovo and pippendagimp like this.
  14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They b**** more about other teams backing out of deals, than any other NBA team, or shoot, major sports league, that I've ever seen. Is it just BS? Is it a case of a neophyte owner just not understanding the business culture of the NBA? Or what?

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure about how much money they would add if they got Iggy. But what you said here was exactly what I thought when they signed House right off the bat. I was telling myself, "OK, there goes part of the MLE. That means we are not planning to sign anybody with the full MLE."

16. Mr Chuck Norris

iggy is old and injury prone with a broke jumper and people still want him
    Because he his fluke 3s against us in the playoffs. Guarantee he’ll shoot leas than 30% in the playoffs with Houston. Y’all never learn.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not considered a fluke if you've done it for years. unless you just started tuning in, then yeah it would be new to you if you havent seen him do it for the last several years like everyone else

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure cyber is in a pool of his own frothy ejaculate with all this Kawhi to LA news.

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Vacation?

People are waiting to see how summer league goes before getting too crazy with scrap heap reclamation projects? Everyone's still waiting on Kawhi?