1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Fingers crossed

2. Gant

Gant Member

"Locker room cancer" is a misinterpretation.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Rockets FO has made a fool of themselves since the days of Adelman. Nothing new, though it’s getting worse.

BasketMAD and cheke64 like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, the reports about Tillman talking **** about Paul's contract with other executives are just embarassing, the fact that his son/s are also involved doesn't make the situation better i think.

#644 Vivi, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  5. RichieBanks

RichieBanks Member

Yeah I’m think this Patrick Fertitta guy is the one behind the leaks.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"But but but that's just Morey's personality"

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

For sure. I'm concerned about the future of the franchise if this is the way ownership is going to act. It truly is embarrassing. The whole Mike D **** was pathetic as well (and I guess it continues to be since they haven't resolved that issue).

If it's one thing that we have counted on over the last few years is that we had minimal drama. Even with the Tmac and Dwight Howard diva ****, the team separated itself from idiotic drama. This summer its annoying.

Ive never had faith we were going to get Jimmy so I won't be heartbroken if we don't get him, but I am still pissed at how the franchise looks stupid right now.

Little Bit, Hakeemtheking and Vivi like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end i don't really have an opinion on him, i mean, Tillman is probably a good man, but between some interviews and reports he's looking like an amateur so far.

9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Woj reported a few minutes ago that Kahwi and Durant have been talking about joining forces, goes on to speculate the obvious that most likely destinations are Clippers and New York. If accurate, Lakers will turn attention to Kyrie, Kemba, Butler (personally I think they should focus on guard where they are most lacking). Could make Butler a two team race between Houston and Philly, unless you give any credence to these Miami rumors

#649 Deuce Rings, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Butler's primary interest is a 5th year...it is a 1 team race.....I can *confidently* conclude that....

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well guys...it was fun. Congrats to the Lakers on their championship.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I’d rather have a Kawhi/KD duo than a Lakers trio. At least spread the talent out some.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Opt in + 5! It’s a six year deal with no state income tax for over 50% of your salary based income!

With an average of 35 per year at 20 + 190!

luckyman76 and Deckard like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Come on man, let's get this over and complete this ****ing opt in trade, i'm dying :(

Anybody remembers if when they made official the opt in trade for Chris two years ago, it happened in the last available for him to opt in? I guess not, but just out of curiosity...

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree. But it seems obvious that Butler wants his 32M salary THIS season. He doesn't want to play the long game the way CP3 did.

Deckard and justtxyank like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol why are people tripping.

Firstly, it’s not a huge deal if we don’t get Butler. It’s relatively a bigger deal what happens with the Lakers max, if Leonard stays in the east etc. I don’t think we will be capable of beating LBJ/AD/Irving or Leonard regardless of Butler.

Secondly, I’d be pretty optimistic on what we could move Clint for, and how we could then replace Clint with our MLE in FA.

Lastly, It seems Morey and the Rockets have been way too confident for there not be something locked up.

joshuaao and malakas like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Man, if someone pays him $20 million per season on a new deal in 4 or 5 years, Jimmy ages like a fine wine

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Damn man get a grip

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m 100% sure you don’t know what mediocre means.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Morey needs to be bold, sell high on EGO and Capela this season and go after some good players for depth. We don't need another 'star', we need good role players.

Stormy1234 likes this.