1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree.

Look, there is no shame in trying to make a move for Butler. But all of this OPEN, PUBLIC *CONFIDENT* talk was pretty bold. It would lead one to believe Butler has interest OVER the 5th year.

2. malakas

malakas Member

The owner is reported to be kinda cheapskate. Now he will have all of a sudden to pay 2 max contracts this month, and that's without paying Harris.
    He will have to agree to pay the luxury tax for years to come for someone who will be well over 30 for most of the contract.

luckyman76, BigMaloe, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

The only thing i find kinda strange is that, why would the Sixers play hardball on the 5th year running the risk of losing him when they weren't already looking in a great position to resign him? And especially considering what they give up for him and Harris, Butler should've been their top priority and they should've had zero esitation in giving him the 5th years...i get it's still a lot of money to tie to a 29/30 years old player, but they knew this when they traded for him so, i'm not really sure...

mikol13 likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah agree, it's not that the pursuit is bad, but MULTIPLE sources who are connected to the FO (Amick, Feigen, etc.) with those "confident" "extremely confident" quotes, stories about trades lined up, etc. You can't put all of that out there and then have him just re-sign with Philly without any drama. Major egg on their face.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Totally agree on this.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Rockets don’t get Butler then Morey is a moron and whatever ridicule and admonishment he receives will be well deserved

I’ve already slowly been getting tired of this dude after the utter fail that was last offseason plus all the talking he’s been doing since, and this would just push me further

I need to continue to have positive thoughts and hope that this thing gets done because some MLE signing will be a huge shame

7. malakas

malakas Member

Not really.
    Centers and forwards are in the same category in all star voting. Unless Capela is the second most important player in a 50+ win team he won't even come close.
    It doesn't matter if there are few Center Stars or if there are few superstars in the East. He still will never make it.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe that is what Morey is counting on. But everything coming from the 76ers is they would be willing to max both guys.

9. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

We should bump the “The Answer: FIRE MOREY” thread if this happens tbh

10. htownrocketsclutch

11. malakas

malakas Member

OR the false show of confidence was leaked on purpose as a strategy to pressure Philly to relent.

Egg on the face? Big deal, won't even be in the top 30 embarassments that will happen this coming weeks in the league.

biff17 and RichieBanks like this.
  12. Gant

Gant Member

I did read the article. I've also seen every minute Brown has played as a pro. I have not read of him being locker room problem, unless not getting along with Kyrie counts.

Very possibly Brown did go out late that night in Miami, but Jackie MacMullan doesn't give names. She did say this action irked Kyrie, but did not say it irked anyone else. (In fact she said going out late on the road is not uncommon in the NBA.)

As far as other reports indicating Brown was the big problem this year, you'd have to site them. The only guys that have been pointed to in that vein were Kyrie and to a much lesser extent Rozier.

Boston was a complete mess this year. Their pieces didn't fit. The young guys who had gotten to the East finals the previous year chafed at having diminished or unclear roles. Still, Brown worked hard all season, accepted coming off the bench, and after he got over his early season injury, became very effective doing it.

#632 Gant, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’m fully expecting it at this point

14. malakas

malakas Member

In fact the FIRST guy who was pointed out as a lockeroom cancer was Brown back in the start of the season when the Celtics were losing and everyone was shocked but still believed that they will be a 60+ win team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-new-journey-why-important-boston-celtics-nba

Also noone but Kyrie was pissed off by Brown coming hangover in the game? What about Morris who was the one who shoved him?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was a fun dream

16. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Ridiculous that people here still trust Morey and need this signing to not go through to question him.

He has been mediocre for the best part of 12 years and last off season should tell you he is pretty much done. The way he publicly talks about trading players, constantly talking big in the media " we are favorities", W" we have pick of our free agents" " we will add more star players" is just a recipe for failure

Just shut up and do your work behind the scenes like better GM's like Masia

cheke64 likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

So yesterday they had a deal and were just waiting on Butler, now everything is dead? Lol...unless the Rockets have a deal with another team.

Is that guy one of those two who said yesterday Capela to Boston was close?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

:mad:

Sacramento, what’s good? :(

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He's had a good run. Much better than most GMs around the league. He's usually operated real quietly overall. Usually it never felt like he leaked much. The leaking right now must be coming directly from ownership.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance