1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jun 21, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Would love to have Faried and his energy back. My concern is whether or not MDA will actually play him. Sure he has his shortcomings like on defense but if you are playing Gerald Green huge minutes you definitely don't care about player deficiencies on the defensive end.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Who the coach is doesn't matter. The NBA is a superstar + 3'n'D league, and Faried has no 3 and no D.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Absolutely want him back if it's for the minimum. No interest in using MLE on him.

luckyman76 and don grahamleone like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Regular season contributor for sure.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If we can get him for very cheap then I'd like him back. I don't see him ever being a playoff contributor. Expecting him to suddenly play competent defense after so many years in the league will lead to disappointment, I'd bet. He is who he is.

Best case scenario might be resigning him for cheap, have him put up decent numbers in his reserve role, then trade him for cap relief (Tilman) and/or a future 2nd rounder and/or a player who might be able to contribute in the playoffs.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't think there's any chance he comes back if pringles is still the coach. back in the spring i was probably the first here to claim he wouldn't get any playing time in the playoffs because of his lack of D (which pissed off some posters). and unfortunately it proved true, b/c we still could have used his energy and rebounding when clint was comatose

Little Bit and roslolian like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Faried is weird though you'd expect a hulking and scrappy guy like him to be good defensively I mean defense takes energy right? How is he decent on the boards but horrible defensively?

I highly doubt Faried will be back he probably hates Pringles with a passion.

8. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

,ok please verify his playoof failure for me because when i looked at his stats it says opponents shot 29% when guarded by him,thats damn near elite. Also i believe he deserve more playing time vs golden state ,5 min is not a enough sample size

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep rivers is the only priority during to cp3 body n his familiarity playing with cp3....everybody else I dont care if they leave since every year we get good good on the buyout.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm with you, I don't think he changes. Not much at least. That's what fascinates me so much. It's the win-win aspect of everything when we're looking for a home run. If he signs, it'll be for cheap. If he signs, he is who we already knew he was. But he probably doesn't help us in the playoffs. But then again getting us to the first seed would be helping us in the playoffs!

xiki likes this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's not the problem tho. Think he is under sized...u would like him to play center...if he had a 3 ball it would offset his size. Cant really play him with Clint since they do the same things

luckyman76 and don grahamleone like this.
  12. don grahamleone

Can we discuss this?

13. don grahamleone

Did you watch his 5 minutes (against the GSW)?

#33 don grahamleone, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    luckyman76 likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

You keep trotting this out as if Harden and Faried are close friends. Nobody else thinks this except you. Not even Harden or Faried.

luckyman76 and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  15. don grahamleone

I thought MDmA played with that idea a little and had success. No?

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@don grahamleone

off-topic but i have a question for you... what happened to @heypartner ? haven't seen any posts from him since the GS series...

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I liked him immediately as a player here, but my decision would hinge on what his "personal reasons" for missing Game 5 were.

18. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

He has poor instincts on the perimeter defensively but love his energy and ability to grab boards. Well worth the 120%+ the minimum raise we can give him.

19. don grahamleone

I don't know. I like that man. I hope everything is okay. @Clutch do you have HeyP's number?

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I question whether Faried can stay healthy. We already have enough guys who struggle with injuries.

I also think Hartenstein could be a rotation player next season. Hartenstein can shoot threes, so I see the Rockets viewing him as more valuable than Faried.