1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yea not resigning Faried was stupid of Daryl Morey, and MDA is just as incompetent for not playing him down the stretch last year. It seems the Rockets organization enjoys playing hardball with guys at the teams detriment. We're okay with lying to HOF's about being traded, not resigning guys like Faried, cutting FA's after 10 games & embarrassing our current coach by firing his whole staff in a contract year, just as long WE assume we're in control. The Rockets are looking like a joke organization

Tfor3 and kjayp like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So much right in this statement

Rocket River

Mazulis, Tfor3 and kjayp like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am a Faried supporter and wanted him re-signed, warts and all, because his energy and play style would be amazing next to Russ.

But even KF's addition does not solve the desperate need for the Rockets right now, a longer 3-D PF (over 6'6) that will push Tucker to the 3 spot or to the bench.

leeallen, Tfor3, kjayp and 3 others like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My guess is Faried left the team during the GSW series of last years playoffs because D’Antoni
    minutes/play time.

Like when Vernon Maxwell left the team as the P.O’s began or approached.....no coming back.

Mad Max is my favorite Rocket of all time; but teammates feel he quite on them (Guessing, haven’t spoken to them at the time)

Only way back is if D’Antoni leaves, imho. Or apologize to coach, team, fans. Probably not going to happen.
    And I’m on the side of Faried about not being used correctly during the playoffs last season.

saleem, kjayp and hakeem94 like this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

We can't match up with teams like the Lakers who have a huge frontline & are more physical. This was the year we legitimately could've used Faried at PF with Capela at center. But Morey's calculator disagrees

elmotsang and hakeem94 like this.
  7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Similar to Westbrook, Faried had a self-starting energy that this team often lacks. You'd like to have guys like Faried available in the grinding, exhausting gauntlet of an 82-game season.

leeallen, Tfor3, whiskeyred and 3 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and dc rock like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this makes perfect sense

saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

FARIED is very fast, it would be very fast. I want to see alley loop and slam dunk of Faried. Faried knows MDA system. He can be another Stoudemire. I suggest to sign him because of westbrooks, Bucks and Lakers power forward. Mamimal plus westbrooks will be a perfect match. Previously , our problem is golden state. but for now it is pg13, AD and Gianns. He is useful now

#111 elmotsang, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Thought I was the only one who couldn’t stand the way Manimal was minimalized after helping carry the Rockets during Capela’s absense last year. Very nice to see there were other fans of his attitude and gameplay out there. Seemed like he was star of the game talking to that Michelle sideline chick in several games. Recall him averaging a double double as a starter. His career was revived along with Rivers and then MDA just flat out quit on him (when Iman Shumpert was traded here). Never have I seen a more motivational hustle oriented player on the Rockets. Would have been fun to see him and Westbrook on the court at the same time. Monster dunker too....so sad to see him gone!!!☹️

leeallen and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man this is terrible.. what could of be

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What's with the sudden attention to Faried again. Isn't he still playing in China or something? Typically, when every NBA fails to pick up a veteran player (different from new ones that haven't washed up), a smart fan should probably start pondering why that's the case. Maybe said player wants a bigger role than any team is willing to give. Maybe said player is an upper vet min type player requesting non-vet min money. Maybe said player has some sort of medical or behavior or social baggage that teams don't want to deal with. Now, I am not saying or suggesting that Faried fits any of these reasons as I don't know Faried or am privy of their in-house stuff. What I am saying is the Rockets chose not to retain him and no NBA team seems to have attempted to sign him. What does that tell you? When there is smoke, there is or was usually fire.

15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Hard to disagree with your theory....

saleem likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i concur but look at the melo, nobody wanted to sign him and now hes doing all this

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sure, let’s all ignore the fact that he has still been a complete negative on defense. The difference is that Blazers are desperate enough to ignore it. We didn’t waive him because he couldn’t score or refused to play his role, we waived him because he was a complete liability on D.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i was joking
    [​IMG]

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Should of gave that money to Faried, All Nene has done this year is nothing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Man faried and westbrook would be an explosive duo

D-rock likes this.