1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He just needs to find couple scenarios to beat the GSW.

Jontro likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just finished watching it. I learned that we place much higher standards for shows like GoT because there was plenty of cheese and lame writing throughout the film. Fun ride though.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

he went thru 15,837,650 scenarios and the rox got out-coached and out-hearted in every single one of them.

BruceAndre likes this.
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

It's hard to compare. Avengers is a PG-13 movie that tries to appeal to everyone, including those who aren't into gratuitous sex and violence...and even 10 year olds. So, I'd expect it to be more cheesy.

They still had a pretty impressive, coherent vision from start to finish, despite it being a set of disparate movies. Attention to detail seems to be pretty impressive too as far as blockbusters go.

But yes, in general Game of Thrones was a more "adult" oriented story, which had the same people making it from start to finish. Of course it should be held to a higher standard. Basically, when it was all said and done, GoT did not meet expectations and Avengers exceeded them.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

That and GoT set a high bar for storytelling and then fell off. While all of the Marvel movies have not been consistently good, they hit on enough of them including the payoff while it's looking like the low in the storytelling for GoT came in finishing out the story.

DCkid likes this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yep, very true.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Heartbreaker r8 there.

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Avengers: Endgame Officially Getting Re-Released With New Footage (Exclusive)

By CHARLIE RIDGELY - June 19, 2019 08:43 am EDT

Avengers: Endgame might be able to beat Avatar's massive box office record after all. The film has lost the majority of its momentum by now, almost two months after its initial release, but it's about to get another major boost to ticket sales. No, it's not just because Spider-Man: Far From Home is arriving in theaters in July. Avengers: Endgame is hitting theaters for a second round, along with some additional footage that didn't make it into the official cut in April.

While attending the Spider-Man: Far From Home press junket in London, ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis spoke exclusively with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who confirmed that Avengers: Endgame was heading back to the big screen for a theatrical re-release. Not only that, but this version of the film will arrive with extra scenes that weren't included in the first theatrical release.

"We are doing that," Feige said of an Endgame re-release with new footage. "I don't know if it's been announced. And I don't know how much... Yeah, we're doing it next weekend."

So Avengers: Endgame is coming back to a big screen near you with new footage, which is an incredibly exciting announcement given the hype around the movie. What's even more exciting is the fact that the film is arriving next weekend, allowing fans to see it again before Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Avengers: Endgame is very close to that number, with a current total of $2.743 billion. It has looked as though the final chapter of the Infinity Saga wouldn't be able to topple Cameron's sci-fi epic, but a re-release with new footage could do the trick.

Be on the lookout for a new version of Avengers: Endgame next week!

-----

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Disney wants that trophy.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They own fox which made avatar and Titanic. They have the top spots locked up.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Money grubbing sunsuvbeches

BruceAndre likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's an entire Avatar section IN Disney World. There's no Avengers section at Disney World.

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

They didn't own Avatar when the theme park stuff was designed and built. I get that they own Fox studios now, but the current Disney execs (including Marvel Studios) didn't have any hand in those movies. They want to say they produced the highest grosser ever, not that they bought the studio that made them. Petty, sure, but when you're that rich and successful, the only professional accomplishments left are petty stuff.

The Avatar sequels, though... I'm sure they have plans.

(As far as Marvel in Disney World... the theme park rights to "The Marvel Universe" are still owned in perpetuity by Universal Studios. As direct competitors, I'm sure they're far apart on a price for those.)

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

If they re-release in IMAX or Atmos I'll consider re-watching.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Infinity War is the movie that could use the extra scenes. More Thanos building...

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Like why did he give away the mind gem again?

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i hate when writers use time travel to get out of writing themselves into a corner.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's like saying Tillman won a championship because he owns the Rockets now.

Reeko and Jontro like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

So they just failed to overtake Avatar and so happy about that since a re-release was already a petty move and not only that, the additional never before footage was just 1 scene lasting a glorious 18 seconds. What the bloody hell?!! Pathetic..