1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He lived a full life in that reality, then switched back to 'our' reality to close the loop.

2. droxford

droxford Member

So, they have to replace the stones so that it doesn't mess up "the other" timeline, but having Cap fight himself DIDN'T mess up the other timeline? Nor did taking Mjolnir?

And if there are "other" timelines, how are they choosing and designating which timeline they need to go back to and correct?

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They didn't mess up their timeline, they just created another alternate reality where Cap fights Cap.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm assuming it did mess up that timeline when Cap fought himself and taking Mjolnir. All they cared about was returning the stones to when they were taken and hoping it fixed everything in that other timeline. But we can see(just by the one Loki scene) that timeline is most likely f'd.

I think Stark made it(don't remember) but what he invented was a way to navigate through the quantum realm. So they used that to pin point where/when they wanted to go.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

anyone watch it again? how is its rewatchability? did you cry like a bish again?

i plan on watching it again this coming week.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

3 times, the most recent to get the Rockets off my mind. Much easier to take bathroom breaks and the slow parts aren't as impactful. Fight scenes still are great.

There are 3 conversations regarding timelines that explains but also leaves open things to interpretation imo.
    1) War Machine asking about killing baby Thanos
    2) Banner and the Ancient One talking
    3) Banner zooming Cap back with the stones

I don't think it's 100% clear that there are unlimited alternate timelines. Banner tells Bucky and Sam that Cap has to replace the stones "or the will be a bunch of crazy alternate realities." I don't think any one theory is foolproof bc time travel is flawed and impossible. The alternate timelines still existing is hard to accept if Cap grew old and walked down to the lake. Whatever. Still fun.

arkoe and Jontro like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I TOL YOU!!!

Avengers: Endgame Writers Confirm Identity of Peggy Carter's Husband

Following the climax of Avengers: Endgame, Chris Evans' Steve Rogers went back in time to return the Infinity Stones his team borrowed, only to remain in the past and marry Peggy Carter. However, rather than this being an alternate reality, Endgame's writers have said they believe this was merely closing the loop and Steve had always been married to Peggy, referencing what we saw on screen in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that," Endgame writer Stephen McFeely told The Hollywood Reporter.

In The Winter Soldier, an older Peggy told Steve she had two kids with a husband whom Cap actually saved in World War II. This indicated she'd moved on when Steve went under the ice, although we never found out the identity of the man or saw their children.

More importantly, if Steve really is the father, then their kids would have super-soldier blood running through their veins. "It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA," co-writer Christopher Markus added.

It's an interesting notion because it indicates this time-traveling Steve lived a secret life with Peggy away from S.H.I.E.L.D. and let everything, including the start of Nick Fury's Avengers initiative, play out as seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe while also hiding two super-soldier kids from the rest of the world.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

this makes sense, now we know who tom cruise's father is.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So Steve Rodgers made out with his great grand niece in Winter Soldier? Cool.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Awesome theory.

The only thing they seem to forget/ignore is that Spider-man is starting to pave the way for Multiverses, which strongly supports this theory.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think I understand the gist of the time travel. What I don't understand is what happened when Hulk snapped his fingers? Sorry, don't feel like exploring 14 pages.

Everyone just woke up to...where/when exactly? Spider-man mentions they "woke up" at the same location they were at when they faded into dust (the far away planet). So maybe that explains the location? But when did they wake up? Is it basically the current date? So all those people essentially skipped 5 years without aging?

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yes to everything.

#273 Invisible Fan, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    DCkid likes this.
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yeah they basically didn't age for the 5 years they were dust and woke up wherever(time and location) they disappeared from.

DCkid likes this.
  15. DCkid

Got it. How convenient that all of Spiderman's friends vanished, so they'd all be the same age for the next solo movie. :)

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

imagine if dr strange tried a little harder amd looked into 15 million possibilities. maybe he could find 10 scenarios to beating thanos.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Xerobull

That is fair but it is a 1/16 chance. Not great odds but not impossible.

DCkid likes this.
  18. DCkid

Another Question...not sure the etiquette here since it's a very minor Captain Marvel spoiler
    What is the deal with the tesseract? The way it's presented in Captain Marvel and in the end credit scene...the cat swallowed it back in the 90s, and didn't cough it up until after Thanos snapped his fingers? Is that debated? If not, then how was the tesseract a part of other Marvel movies throughout the 2000s? So that's the first question.

Second question, did it have any significance in End Game? I know they went back in time to get it from the earlier Avengers movie (question still stands from the above point on how it was even in the Old Avengers' movie), but maybe I just missed any significance it had in the present day during End Game.

19. Xerobull

Cat pukes up the Tesseract in the end-credits-scene in 1995 in Captain Marvel. No continuity breaks.

The Tesseract is the Space Stone. At the start of Endgame (in 2018) the Space Stone is atomized by Thanos.

In 2023, Avengers go back in time to 2012 to grab the Tesseract, but botch it and Loki steals it, creating a divergent timeline.

So then Steve and Tony go back to 1970 and grab the Tesseract and more Pym Particles from 1970 Shield.

They return to 2023, turn the Tesseract into the Space Stone, everything goes down.

End of movie, Steve takes the Tesseract, presumably re-converted from the Space Stone, back to the exact time when it's taken in 1970, keeping their timeline correct.

DCkid likes this.
  20. DCkid

Okay, that would definitely make sense. The way it's orchestrated in the Captain Marvel end credits made it seem like it threw it up after Thanos snapped his fingers (the quiet empty office), and it follows the other end credit scene that was post-vanishing. Anyway, I guess it was just comic relief rather than having any point like most other end credit scenes.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.