1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s also lame because if ticket prices. They should use tickets sold. Which if you take into account rising population is still lame lol

Jontro likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

what was the extra scene?

3. JW86

JW86 Member

A Hulk scene apparently

Jontro likes this.
  4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm in the belief Tony is a dick for not hooking up Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain American with a Iron Man like suit. Oh but Peter Parker? Here you go! Rhodey?Oh you my homie of course you get one! Pepper Potts? Boom getchu one! Bruce Banner? Oh yeah! What a douche.

B-Bob, Hippieloser and Jontro like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

never thought about that. glad he ded nao.

shuri will hook errbody up doe

Blurr#7 likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone go back and re-watch the re-release?

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Questions:

If you could steal 4 pim particales in say June 1970, couldn't you use one of those pim to go steal 4 more pims in May. And so on. So you have unlimited PIMS. Of course, you can't return any of them anyway.

So in the alternate reality, the stones still exist, and everyone still dies right?

Saw this in July, for the first time, but have no idea what scenes would have been new, but I feel more complete suckers.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I saw the re-release last week, it was the first time I saw the movie

I thought it was meh, kinda boring.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

did tebow dieded?

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just watched this, and liked it, but Cap's scene at the end was a blatant rip-off of Quantum Leaps ending.

EDIT. I love that they copies it. One of my favorite scenes.

Wish they'd played Georgia, though.

#311 Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm not sure what version is the stream-for-purchase version, but in any event... finally watched this and was really disappointed. Just as a movie, it's not too far above hot garbage. Even the humor was slightly off. "Hit you in the head with a peanut-butter sandwich"? Did the writers turn parts of it over to their grade-schoolers?

Maybe the very worst scene was, after black widow offed herself and the avengers are hanging out by the lake (already actionless and awkward), hawkeye loses his **** at Thor and just mocks the entire movie and the writers and the producers and the audience. And it's not clear if it's supposed to be funny or serious or what. I felt so badly for the actor and it was just universal cringe universe: "It *can't* be undone! Or, at least that's what the red floating guy had to say! Maybe you ought to go talk to him! Okay, go grab your hammer, and you find and talk to him! [hulk throws bench across lake, as writer throws laptop across room] It was supposed to be me. Sacrificed her life for that goddamned stone, she put her life on it."

Yeah, exactly, Hawkeye. There is no internal logic to the movie at all. Computer chips can exist in two places and times at once. Rats accidentally operate sophisticated low-power quantum tunneling devices. Everything and every death can be undone except two of them, and we're so out of ideas that we'll just visit each of our older movies.

Just like... I guess everyone gives the movie a pass b/c it costs a boat-load of money and because Thanos was great again. His parts were kinda fun, and I liked half-hulk a lot, as a comic/science device.

In sum, I think Ragnarok was about 100 times the actual movie and entertainment per minute as Endgame. Sad! Probably just an impossible task to pull all of that off.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It was still better than the last season of Game of Thrones so there's that.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I just watched it last night and I feel much the same way.

I didn't watch the other movies in the universe/story, but I enjoyed Infinity War x100 more than Endgame.

This felt like a giant exercise in fan service. If you were invested, then you didn't mind it and probably actually enjoyed it.

If you weren't invested, it felt like a clown fiesta. Oh well. It was a hard landing to stick, but it felt like they didn't even try.

whiskeyred and B-Bob like this.
  15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

if it's a deleted scene, then it not a must-see moment.

16. Major

Major Member

This was the whole point. They wanted to give a satisfying ending to all the people who were invested in all the previous movies, which was a ****-ton of people. They weren't really trying to get new people on board with this movie - that's what the previous 20 or whatever movies were for.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So... was fan service the whole point, or was a satisfying ending the whole point?

[​IMG]

I can understand that the movie was not "for me", in that I'm just some guy who started at the penultimate chapter. But I also don't think the ending/story was good on its own merits. You'd think the point would be to achieve both as well as possible. I don't know how many invested people felt the ending/story was actually satisfactory as much as they just weren't concerned with it by that point.

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

They should of had a Deadpool cameo... kneeling, leans over and whisper, "Wolverine did it better."

Jontro, jcf and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

saw this again recently, and I have to admit, Infinity War is vastly superior

when watching Endgame, I just want to skip the whole 1st half of the movie...Infinity War has way more rewatchability

now that I look back on it and the excitement has waned, this movie is really like a 6 out of 10 for me...2019 has not been a good year for movies

Jontro, robbie380 and B-Bob like this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I've had zero urge to see Endgame again. Mainly I just didn't want to sit thru the first 2/3rds to get to the good battle scene (which was not even close to the Battle of Wakanda). It just wasn't a good movie and breaking Hulk pissed me off and really didn't make sense. Way too long, too much forced comedy, they broke characters to elevate others, and they created too many loose ends with the time travel stuff.

I didn't understand the power scaling with Thanos or Capt Marvel either. Why did Tony even need to snap his fingers to kill Thanos' army? She came in and wrecked one of his massive ships and then somehow casually withstood Thanos with the full IG. From the looks of things it seemed that she would be able to defeat an IG-less Thanos. Yes I know he couldn't close his hand, but still I thought it was a bit ridiculous how it looked. He couldn't even touch her until he hit her with the power stone. Once Tony stole the stones from Thanos she could have just destroyed Thanos' army and Thanos as well considering how easily she took out the ship and then was able to fight Thanos. Scarlet Witch was easily going to kill Thanos 1v1 as well. My gf said it felt like a Disney movie and she was right. They took control of Endgame. The pacing was poor and the story felt thrown together. The "it" factor was completely missing and they tried to jam in too much.

Invisible Fan and mikol13 like this.