1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN 710) John Ireland reporting CP3 to Lakers rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 28, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The bus being yellow tells me that it's a school bus. Would the bus be full of kids? Wouldn't those kids be traumatized for life if their mode of transportation squashed CP3 (as opposed to squashing some random homeless guy)?

The bus driver: "But what could I do? What was he doing in the middle of the street anyway?"
    Sensationalist Reporter Mario Diaz: "Some witnesses said you accelerated and swerved toward CP3 rather than hit the brakes, what do you say to that allegation?"
    The bus driver: "Hey, that's quite an accusation. I will say, I had a hundred dollars on the Rockets----no, two hundred dollars! Do you know what it's like having Golden State fans all smug in your face? Hey, is this gonna be on at 6:00? Can I say 'hi' to my boyfriend? Heeeeeeeey, Charlie, look, I'm on the news!"

Deckard likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The rockets were +7 when Paul was in and harden was resting.

That is a very good pace.

When both were resting, the rockets were -11.

So what do you guys propose to do next year without Paul? Play harden 48 minutes per game?

People are seriously underrating Paul because they analyze players through ppg and box score. He impacts the game in many ways and I think he would benefit from more motion in the offense

Who do you think is available who can lead the team to +7 without harden?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We have his replacement. HERE COMES AUSTIN RIVERS

4. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

this times 2

5. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Thanks for reminding me.... BLOCK CLUTCHFANS during the offseason... or at least until after FA actually starts...

Every rumor gets too much play around here. And debate over non news... just rumors...

Smacktle and daywalker02 like this.
  6. mario_v

mario_v Member

I’d trade Chris Paul for a bag of chips just to get out of that contract.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I like Ingram...has to be part of the deal

8. Milos

Milos Member

Yep
    If LBJ / Paul (the agent) are really running the Lake Show these days, as it appears, this is a real possibility

From our (Rockets) angle, it seems like a pipe-dream that we could possibly trade CP3 for anything other than another massive, long contract
    But from LBJ's angle ...

- Last offseason proved LBJ + Lakers is not enough of a draw anymore to attract other Sstar FAs in their primes
    The disappointing circus that was the 2018 season only compounds this problem
    If Butler or another MAX player decides to take that cap $, then any CP3 deal becomes moot, but that looks like an even bigger pipe-dream at the moment

- Davis is the 1 Sstar who seems to be pushing to join LBJ
    But LA & AD botched the first round of negotiations so badly that even a competitive offer of promising lottos & future picks may not be enough to convince Pels ownership to 'deal with the devil'
    To get this deal done this offseason, they need even more ammo to make an overwhelming offer that even BOS or NYK cannot / would not match
    Taking on a bad contract (like CP3) with all that cap space (that no FAs want to take) may be the only way to acquire enough assests to overwhelm NO in a deal for The Brow
    Assuming $109M projected 2020 cap is accurate, LAL are already $44M under the cap
    They could easily swallow CP3's $38.5M for next year in exchange for 2-3 future picks from HOU to flip to NO for Davis

- LBJ has been trying to play with CP3 for awhile
    As we have seen throughout his career, LBJ has used his leverage more effectively than any other Sstar to repeatedly hand-pick teammates and even coaches
    If he really wants it, he may be able to force a CP3 deal
    Especially if he is convinced it also helps bring AD into the fold

If such a deal came together, Morey should try to get Isaac Bonga back
    He won't help LAL get Davis, and I liked him as 2nd RD prospect last year
    Doubtful he gets any run to develop on a LBJ / CP3 / AD team trying to win NOW anyway

9. rocks123

rocks123 Member

even though im totally annoyed and disappointed at cp3 performance this WHOLE SEASON i still want him to stay and prove that hes not washed up yet. i still have a bit of faith in him. but ofcourse if we can trade him to get another legit all star why not. but no one is coming to houston. well no one obvious. and im not expecting morey to pull a rabbit/butler out of a hat. and i dont even know if butler will even consider coming here without cp3. he wants a ring after all and just two all star wont cut it in the west.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden is a genius, he is better than many starting PG's. Perhaps adding a 3rd SG/PG like Rose will help us out too, for the MLE. A quality swingman will not be available for the MLE in all probability.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

for all those CP haters who wanna get rid of him, first tell me who do you propose gonna replace Paul? Dont be telling me someone from other teams cause more than likely we aint gonna trade for that player. Do we have a stud backup PG waiting on the roster? I think not

12. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lavar son would be a good complement to Harden in the Mike D'Antoni offense tbh.

snowconeman22 and Macdaddy91 like this.
  13. Macdaddy91

Macdaddy91 Member

Cp3 + Capela + 2020 1st round
    for
    Lonzo + Kuzma + 4th pick in 2019 draft

We then sign jimmy B (max) and Deandre Jordan (min)

Rockets FTW

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Stop being sane and rational.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

16. sogood.

sogood. Member

Did you guys actually listen to the podcast? It was just the radio guy throwing up random trade ideas, there's no rumors.

17. Macdaddy91

Macdaddy91 Member

@bratna8

Trippin. Lonzo is Hella underrated.

18. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

19. sogood.

sogood. Member

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You want to trade for a guy dealing with blood clots? Good luck with that.

REEKO_HTOWN, Plowman and YOLO like this.