1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN 710) John Ireland reporting CP3 to Lakers rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 28, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Meltdown on Clutchfans if we Trade CP3 or Harden . . .and they goto the Finals before the Rockets
    would be Legendary

Rocket River

ROXTXIA likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Austin. He is a combo guard. His biggest strengths are slashing to the basket and defense. He isn't much of a playmaker, and his shooting is weak. He will probably get a contract between 8-10 M.
    Therefore, we won't be able to re-sign him. Gordon is on the trading block, after his good playoffs performance along with his 15 M expiring contract plus Capela and picks/ Clark/ Hart. Rose is more of a SG now, but he can pass better than Rivers. There might be a small chance of acquiring him with the MLE. I'm not opposed to getting a back up center with the MLE to replace Capela either.

If we can acquire a true swingman and or a starting 3/4, we should be in better shape.

GageD likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’d be here for it. It might finally break the fascination this site has with mediocrity

snowconeman22 and lw17 like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO!!!!!

That's the funny part. . . . . .. . . .. Going to the second or third round is considered mediocrity now
    I laugh at that
    because
    I was here for the 10~15 years before Harden was here . . . .. . .. . . what do you call those years
    of hoping to get into the playoffs and first round exits ?????

Trading in 'mediocrity' for abject failure is hilarious

"With the 14th pick in the draft . .. the Rockets take 6'9 Power Foward from ___________"

Rocket River

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The draft odds have changed for the 14th pick. You have a much higher chance of getting a top 3 pick at 14th now

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re spot on...it’s hilarious seeing all the nonsense that is posted on here

they’ll learn once Harden is gone

Rockets had won 1 playoff series since 1997 before Harden arrived

Rockets had star players like Yao and T-Mac over the years, and none of them came close to Harden’s level or amount of success...expect more of the same once he’s gone as we flounder around in irrelevancy waiting years for another great player that can even hold Harden’s jockstrap

Handles, Fyreball, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I had the same thought but it would require much more in my opinion. I was thinking if Lakers strike out in free agency and pelicans do not want to trade with them. It would look more like this. Helping them get younger and dumping some salary.

CP3 to LAL
    Hou gets Holiday, Hill, AD
    NO Lonzo #4 Capela and 2 future firsts from houston.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, there's the Kyle Lowry + Kawhi We-Shoulda-Drafted-Him Leonard thingy going on now. It's tough to forget Morey whiffing on that one; everyone on this board was screaming for Kawhi on draft night, but Daryl with his spreadsheets and his love of 6'9" guys who can shoot the three (maybe).

Rocket River likes this.