1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I LOL'd at this board...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 11, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

"Blow up the team!"
    "Fire Morey!"
    "Trade Harden"
    "Trade Paul and a bunch of junk for AD!" (like the Pelicans would do that.)
    Etc.........

You do realize the Warriors started 4 players that made All Star teams? (Iggy is forgotten). 5 with KD healthy. They are a GREAT team. The only loss in 4 season was a MIRACLE comeback by a team led by the GREATEST player in the 20 years (Kobe not withstanding). They have a margin of error no team has had in DECADES.

The Rockets style of play is only beaten by the Warriors because their style is better because of their All-Stars. Remember, this core won 73 games WITHOUT KD and a championship the year before.

Blame the players association for not smoothing the cap of over years, which allowed for them to keep that team together AND add KD.

As for the Rockets, Harden and Paul (no one is taking CP3' contract) are back. You are not trading Capela because you won't get the value after this series. We will see what Morey does with the roster. BTW, All you "pay House" people...you see why Morey didn't. He will bring back House on a 3 year minimum contract (because that all someone will offer him in RFA).

As for firing MDA? Who you going to get? The man has won at least 54 games each season, with at least the 2nd round in all 3 seasons. A CP3 injury away from the Finals last season. Good luck finding a coach that can repeat that......

The Warriors can't pay everyone and the time of players taking discounts is over.

BTW....Analytics won the Astros a championship.

Plowman, gotsis, dachuda86 and 30 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey better work some magic this summer and bring in another star...if not, then we all know how things will end up next year...50+ wins, and a 2nd round or possible WCF exit

at that point, I’d be surprised if Harden didn’t demand a trade so he doesn’t waste the rest of his prime

that CP3 contract is such an albatross...we are paying him to be our 2nd star, but he is really on the level of a good starter at this point, and he’ll only be getting worse from here...it’s so hard to build your team when you’re paying a good starter max level money...it would’ve all been worth it if we could win a title, but we can’t

Capela...his play was so embarrassing this series...I’m almost speechless at his level of softness

s3ts, ak99999, fckbandwagons and 3 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol us to the Championship!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have to question how much of an all time great team they are without Durant. Sure still excellent but their depth sucks. And all I heard from this board this year is how overrated curry, Klay and green are and how the media hypes them up too much.

And the rockets were favored by 7.5. at home. they didn't even meet expectations.

5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

MDA's 54 win seasons are not going to win us a championship. Color me overreacting, but status quo is for losers. Houston deserves better.

Analytics boils down to shot priority which I believe is necessary for playoff positioning. But implementation and execution starts with having the right coach. MDA is a seemingly perfect fit, but we need someone who believes in analytics AND has a proven track record of being malleable. Someone who has a system based on analytics and can throw in meaningful wrinkles in-game and in between games. Neither was accomplished with this coach other than asking Austin Rivers to get healthy.

As for finding the right person to replace him, it has to be someone who can also speak to Harden in a way that Steph described in his relationship with Kerr after getting into foul trouble last night. Harden needs a coach who can get his mind and soul right pre-game. That same guy has to be able to put CP in a place where he can thrive as his legs continue to lose its step.

MDA's system is going to run CP into the ground by injuries.

amaru, bj3175, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

People forgot who Klay and Steph are.

7. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Maybe but it was good enough to put us away. It will be good enough to get them to the finals. It’s a deeper team than we have with players who don’t shrink when the lights are the brightest.

Depth was not the issue. We had depth that was good enough to beat this team in the regular season but not good enough to see the floor in this series? That’s on the coach.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I questioned their depth myself so this is a little hypocritical on my part but for arguments sake let’s say hypothetically you had a draft of the players from both teams. You’re probably taking Harden first but there’s it’s a valid argument taking Curry (this board underrates his greatness). Curry is going 2nd. After that you’re telling me you’re taking CP3 over Klay? No chance. Are you even taking CP3 over Draymond at this point? Hate him all you want but I think a lot of people would probably take Draymond.

So you could make a valid argument they had the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players on the court last night. Capela was once again one of the worst. And besides Rivers our bench was Shumpert, Nene, Gerald Green...not like we have world class depth either.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ah, the irony. Perhaps they should bring up Tucker (Kyle)

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Crazy how all of the stand pat tilmen fangirls all of a sudden turn into warrior nuthuggers now that we lost

If you watched the last 2 games and think we didnt choke you are either lying to yourself or need to get your eyes checked out

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Literally everyone in the world was saying rockets should win this series with kd out and you go ahead and make this thread lmao

12. houseofglass21

Go ahead and laugh. The fact is Harden can score 40 points every game during regular season but ultimately it doesn’t matter when you choke in the playoffs ever hear. Harden is an also-ran.

13. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Totally agree with this. When you put it this way it just shows how much more talented they are.

I’m sorry but out of the best 4 players on the court yesterday only Harden makes the top 4 from our team. You can argue Iggy had a better series than Cp3. Not to mention how much energy we expanded before KD got injured. 4 out 5 best players were on the warriors roster. Cp3 has declined badly in a year. Last season was different. Capela showed he is just a glorified role player. Harden made him a millionaire like Lebron made Tristan Thompson one. But honestly I think Tristan would play way better and get more boards. Capela should be embarrassed of himself after that shitshow. Nene corps was better than him. Way better. Not to mention Looney.

Do not forget Harden brought corey brewer and crew to conference finals with r****d McHale as a coach. How is Ariza doing without Harden? Rivers was a reject too.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No star is going to want to play with Captain ISO.

DD

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Interested to learn your plan to beat the Warriors next year. Apearntly they even be more of headache team without KD against us with so many all stars.

I am taking the notes ...

16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I guess CP3 wasn’t a star when he came over here? If that’s what you’re saying then okay this roster is really trash then right now.

BMoney likes this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Not to mention they will then have cap space to either increase their depth or get a Middleton type player if KD leaves. As long as Curry, Klay and Draymond are on that team they aren’t dropping off.

And KD isn’t gonna beat them, last time he faced those three he was choking away a 3-1 lead while bricking 20 shots a game. Draymond will cover him and unlike Pat Bev who was able to get under his skin, Draymond actually has the size.

Ronkol and YallMean like this.
  18. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Not with this team currently constructed. Clint needs to go for a 3/4 with length and ability to shoot 3s. Sign a center with the MLE cause we don’t need to pay 17 m a year to catch a lob when Harden breaks down the D. McGee could literally do that and then be unplayable against GS.

YallMean likes this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Been saying this.
    It’s not just CP’s contract, but Clint’s too.

The question outside coach/GM/philosophy change is also how we erase these two big issues.

I don’t buy Clint is still developing. He is already 25. The kid looks a lot like a srbuban Kid without skills

20. mastan

mastan Member

It was actually 53 wins..if they had 54 wins (Harden choked in last game against OKC) they wouldn't be playing GS until WCF..I think other team could take the chance of absense of KD.