1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I LOL'd at this board...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 11, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Who here clamored for the firing of McHale and suffered through the Bickerstaff era? Who remembers when the team was anchored by Kevin Martin or Kyle Lowry? Who recalls Asik trying to catch passes or Howard do anything? And... when Pablo Prigioni was our answer as second playmaker? And when Carroll Dawson signed Mo Taylor as the answer?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think I agree with your assessment. But I think the rockets beat the warriors if they lose Curry instead of Durant. Klay and dray are of course really good but if you're asking them to create for themselves they are much worse. And Durant doesn't draw the traps and doubles Curry does.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well the rockets did make the WCF with more injuries in 2015

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The board lols at you -- I'm only seeing high level constructive discussion on the forum -- I've learned a lot about the nature of man reading the GARM today.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Tucker or Alvarez. At least they would have 2 young, potentially GREAT talents to go with the vetso_O:rolleyes::eek::):cool:.

Can they hit the 3? Get a REBOUND? Tucker is 6'4.''

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Will his playoff performance Harden has no right to demand a trade.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

gimme a break, he has every right

he ain’t winning sh*t with CP0 and Capela as his 2nd and 3rd highest paid players...might as well do what all these other stars are doing and team up in a big market

TEXNIFICENT and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Don’t disagree with that at all, whenever Curry has the ball behind the 3 PT it’s the scariest thing any defense sees in today’s game. As a fan whenever he jacks one up 9 times out of 10 I’m assuming it’s going in and it’s exciting when it doesn’t...that says enough in itself.

9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Which is why if he doesn’t do that people should appreciate him even more because he’s one of the few loyal and competitive player a left in the game today.

Patience and Reeko like this.
  10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

trade the whole team! players, coaches, office, janitors, ballboys. **** them all, trade them all!

Htown Stros likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I Laugh too

Rocket River

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Per our resident insider, MDA is on the hot seat, and rightfully so.

Who are we going to get in place of MDA? I mean, it's not hard to find someone better than the worst in-game coach who makes the playoffs on a regular basis.

GotGame15 and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's right! Houston deserves a coach who can lead us to a 65-win season!

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We need more all-stars on the roster.
    You see when you have 4/5 all stars it doesn’t matter if 2-3 of them choke.
    When all you have is 1 all star that chokes....well then you lose to 4/5 all-star squad.
    Simple math , 5 is greater than 1.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they also forgot the refs handed them game 1 this year and game 7 last year

16. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

No thanks. Been there done that. How about a coach who can show some aptitude of in-game coaching?

MDA's system is good for playoff seeding, and beating any other team than the Warriors and probably Bucks in the playoffs.

That's great but no one is shooting for 2nd place... Or at least I hope not.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

People forgot what Harden would be like in clutch time.

Texanstradamus likes this.
  18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's time to dispense with this common assumption. We've just seen a demonstration that with CP, at home, against a shorthanded and injured Warriors team, with our backs to the wall, we lost. And there's little reason to believe Trevor Ariza would have made the difference.

19. sw847

sw847 Member

U r right in ur analysis, but before the series? Would u take curry of cp? In another thread a lot of posters were ranking cp3 top ten players in the league. Tbh right now he suck. Someone posted his stats for the season something like 17/7/6. That’s crap for a 40mil guy/supposedly top ten player. Right now I would argue he is not even top ten point guard.

I Loled at this Board as well, I loled cause we overvalue our “stars” way too much. Other than harden, their trade value is ****! Maybe I am just frustrated/depressed as a fan. Tbh I liked the Bobby sura Yaoming days more, even if it was 1st round exists, we played fun basketball, played with heart. It’s wasnt iso ball for 24 secs before a desperation 3.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I bet Prigioni would be better than soft Capela in playoffs.