1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I LOL'd at this board...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 11, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I’m still having trouble processing this year’s defeat. Durant goes out in game 5, and the team never looked like they wanted to seize the moment. The effort level of the team seemed to get worse. We stopped closing out consistently on Steph and Klay. CP had the worst game of his career in game 5. Gordon disappears, Clint doesn’t want it, we can’t grab a rebound, 4th quarter turnovers and overall careless play.

I was ok with how the team lost last year because we gave consistent effort and CP was amazing late in games. He made mature plays and was the second best player in last year’s series behind Durant. That CP is apparently gone now from a consistent stand point.

GS was ripe for the picking. No KD, a subpar bench and internal turmoil. Then right on cue, our guys get tight and completely wet the bed in 2 straight 4th quarters. We melted under pressure and flat out choked as an organization. No Durant was our opportunity. We were not men enough to take it.

I don’t know where the team goes from here. Maybe the window is closed. Maybe a 3rd star is a pipe dream. But no one can say we didn’t have plenty of opportunities over the last 2 seasons. I don’t accept that it’s GS and they have too many all stars.

If we play with any poise/passion/ IQ/urgency late in games 5 and 6 we win the series. Instead we laid down and handed it to them.

How can we possibly come back from this? We a currently the laughing stock of the league, and I don’t even think they care. I’ve never been more disappointed in our guys.

This offseason will be pure misery.

Maybe you can lol at me too.