1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

I LOL'd at this board...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 11, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree. To this point we've only come close to beating this Warriors team in the playoffs, and now we need one of those coaches who's got a proven track record of actually beating them in the playoffs.

Let's rule out Tyronn Lue because he had the world's best player doing all the heavy lifting for him.

That leaves us with these guys:

#41 topfive, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Anyone who even gave any thought about choosing CP3 over Curry before the series started is the biggest homer on the planet and/or a moron. Even CP3 over Klay is ridiculous. Going further with that, anyone who would have taken CP3 over Curry in the last three years needs help. Imagine Curry playing with Harden? Or even better imagine Klay playing with Harden?

Homey the Clown and sw847 like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mang Howard ruined the harden era prematurely for all htown.

Hakeem tried his best with Howard.

4. biina

biina Member

In 2005, Miami won 59 games and the #1 seed in the East, but lost the ECF to Pistons.

Despite the relative success, Riley blew up the team in a 5-team mega trade and SVG left early in the season. Riley took over and coached them to a #2 seed, finals win over Detroit and Championship over Dallas.

The reconstructed team had title hungry players with the right mentality.

In a championship mentality, almost is never enough.

JayZ750 likes this.
  5. sw847

sw847 Member

Agreed but if u look at the top ten players in the dish u will see a lot of people rated cp3 top 5

6. Homey the Clown

Every fanbase has its homers though. I've read a lot of homerisms on this board over the years. Some more ridiculous than others. But I think Laker fans are the absolute worst with being homers though.

7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Yeah but you’re talking about Rockets fans...no one else was doing that. People on this board hate Curry but the reality of it is he’s amazing.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think past examples of either scenario help or hurt. The championship Mavs blew up the team the next year and have more or less sucked since. The Rockets stuck with Hakeem and eventually got there.

There are examples ALL ways. Each situation is extremely unique. Just like I ABSOLUTELY HATE people who bring up Hakeem as an example, I equally am not enamored with your example.

The Rockets situation is unique. I am strongly in favor of a blow-up, when I just look at the unique facts of this situation, but I am mostly in favor of that because of all the places to put blame, despite the fact that the roster is lower on talent, on paper, than some of these other squads, I think DM comes in last in the blame department. He runs a tight, professional, smart management organization that has gotten almost as much out of the minimal assets he's been handed given the directives he's been handed by ownership. Absent getting absurdly lucky (Ainge with the Nets trade, Bob Myers by taking over as GM of a team that had already drafted Steph), the only issue I've had with DM over the years has been his mid-teens drafting. Morris over Leonard. Royce White in the same draft that Draymond came out of - when Draymond literally is what you hoped Royce White would be. Etc. But he hasn't been a horrible drafter. Honestly, I think armed with high lotto picks, he'd nail it.

As for this thread in general, despite the GSW, we are now two years in a row where many people thought, during the series, the Rockets were at worst 50/50 to come out. And we are many many games in a row now where it was close throughout, there was a real chance, and they failed at the end. 2-6 in the last 8 playoff games where that was the case. Yes, GSW still more talented on paper, but the opportunities were right there...

9. sw847

sw847 Member

That’s why I said I loled at this board, we are blinded sometimes. But what is funny is how high we rate our players and then say we lost to a more talented team. It’s just looking for excuses rather than admitting the rox made a huge mistake by signing cp. I am not hating on the guy but **** he messed up our future big time. I am all for going all in, but it’s surprising how professionals can make such an obvious mistake, even amateurs like us can see it

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, we should have a separate board in the garm called- meltdowns

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

LOL at this board who thought signing CP3 for $40 mil a year for four years was a good idea.

12. Texanstradamus

Morey was the only fool that was thirsty for any star and gave him a super max at 33 yrs old this is the same GM that brought in Melo off name alone and caused the team to be in flux the first few games

13. xaos

xaos Member

The CP3 deal and Melo deal are so very different it's not even funny

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Portland: 27-31 Free Throws
    Golden State: 15-18 Free Throws

All of a suddent Golden State are Hackeroids
    And Portland flawless defense

Rocket River

15. amaru

amaru Member

Did anybody seriously think CP3 was better at 33/34 years old? I think most hoped he would be serviceable.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Every year is different. CP3 was playing MUCH better last year than he was this year, and plus Warriors as we all know did not have Iguodala the last few games, and he came up huge for them this series, especially in Game 6

Will likes this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I don’t know I was just responding to the other guy saying there were people on this board that thought so.

amaru likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Act like you have championship team

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Whats the rest of the West's excuse?

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No "star" in the Western Conference could beat the Warriors the last 5 years. Not captian Iso or Kevin Durant. Maybe Harden should just return to his role as a sixth man, join the Warriors too win a chip and get praised for his "sacrifice" for the team

Rocket River likes this.