1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want CF to know this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Apr 16, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Really speaks to DM's ability to pick em'

BigShasta and Rocket River like this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Sometimes it's just about opportunity (MCW) and fit (Ennis).

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I was shocked when I saw MCW in the playoffs. Then realized he was playing for the magic and I wasn’t all that surprised.

Ennis is good enough this year to be the 10th or 11th best player on a championship caliber squad. I think he will improve over the next two seasons and then hit his ceiling.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ennis and MCW are square pegs that didn't fit the round hole that was Houston's roster. Useful players, but not useful players in our system. You could say the same about Melo except for the useful part.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really do.

jcf, alethios and D-rock like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ochocinco (Chad Johnson) could play for the Bengals.....but could never get it with the Patriots.

Just saying...

7. mockster

mockster Member

Ennis isn’t that bad tbh.

MCW will always be complete garbage as far as I’m concerned

House and Rivers make them obsolete anyway

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Meet me in Temecula.

mockster, alethios and harold bingo like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess MCW regressed in playmaking, he was a hybrid coming into the league. I still dunno what he excels at.

10. rocketseagles07

Bringing in MCW, in our system was a total brain fart. I rarely doubt morey or I’m 100% about anything because again, obviously he’s 1000x better at his job than I am.

I was 99,9% sure mcw was going to be terrible. Obviously, like he usually does morey fixed the mistake and then some

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  11. rocketseagles07

He stunted on a bad team.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was 0.02% confident he would contribute.

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

neither of those teams play purist moreyball

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Well when your max superstar players are pounding the rock for 98% of the time, it tends to limit the abilities of said players.
    Different franchises have different systems, its just that they cant be fully utilized in ours.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should submit your resume to tillman to replace that moory character or whatever his name is

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Good for them we don’t hold any grudges, they just didn’t performed or fit well with us.
    MCW was just terrible with us, he would do so many bad things and would make a good play then right away butch it. It’s nice that he is playing well with Orlando but we always knew he was gonna make bunch of mistakes and miss easy layups.
    Ennis imo was okay and he was playing better before he was moved. But it seems the other players like Harden, Cp3 and Tucker didn’t really like what he was bringing. So no chemistry here he had to be moved.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. 34to11

34to11 Member

That is not accurate.
    He exchanged toxic for sh*tty and later swapped sh*tty for innocuous.

The way Anderson's name and contract had been bandied about in the media and rumor mills over the last two seasons it had garnered the reputation as one of the most unmovable contracts in the league. Most people speculated it would take multiple first round picks attached just to move it.

Morey moved that albatross for the "sh*tty" contract of Knight (and Chriss) which had dubious potential but, if nothing else, were less notorious than the Anderson contract.
    When that didn't pan out it was easier to move those deals for what we have now in Shumpert: a more useful/playable player on an expiring contract.

This is why, given full context, I don't see how anyone can objectively view that as a bad move.

roslolian likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Even in your alternate reality where they didnt suck they wouldnt play.

We already have a 9 man rotation: Capela, Tucker, EG, Harden, Cp3, Rivers, House, Faried, Green. 10 if you include Nene who is there for matchups and 11 if you include Iman Shumpert.

Who would Ennis and MCW beat out in the rotation exactly? I dont care how much they contribute in a LEASTERN team they wont get mins on the Rox and thats why they were traded.

19. basketballholic

Don't peddle a false narrative. I said we needed a playmaker. I said Rubio was great and would be great running MDA's PNR offense. And I advocated to trade for Maker and his potential. And I said I believed Maker would turn out to have a better career and be a better player over the course of their respective careers than Capela.

And I also said if I was wrong on Marker I'd still trade for him because Capela's contributions are replaceable and we won't be stuck making a free agent decision on him.

In both cases I can still make a great case. Rubio makes less than half what we are now paying Paul. I love Paul's game. But.... we could still have all those Clipper assets plus Rubio.... or possibly acquired another younger superstar to go with harden and Rubio with those same assets we traded for Paul. And be out of the tax with as good or better team than we have now.

Until and unless we win a championship with Capela and Paul I can still make logical arguments. So I have no clue why you want to bring this up again seeing as wr haven't won a championship and Paul with this current contract and age now has negative trade value.

Your simpleton analysis that Paul is better than Rubio today and Capela is better than Maker today falls woefully short of consideration of all the factors to building a champion. While everything I talk about concerning this team, it's players, and possible traders/ acquisitions has to do with building a champion. Two different things. We're not even on the same planet.

20. basketballholic

He's a good playmaking point guard that defends well. He will have to play on the ball running pnr for an NBA team to get value out of him. He would've been fine he as the designated backup pg.... if we didn't have both Paul and Harden.