1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want CF to know this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Apr 16, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Luxury Tax Savings is 1-0 in the 2019 NBA Playoffs. Let's let them play the games.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

heypartner and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks for opening my eyes :eek:

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ennis was a DNP game one and got some meaningless time in a blowout. He was supposed to be our starting SF.

MCW has worked in Orlando. They're 11-2 since adding him. Crazy.

But obviously different systems will fit different players differently. Enes Kanter just put up 20 and 18 and was pretty pivotal to a playoff win.

DM's job is to bring in players that are (i) good, and (ii) fit the system. Given his resources, he did poorly over the summer, but extremely well during the year.

5. YaoMingsSoulja

I thought Ennis was playing well for the Rockets right before he got traded. Did we get Shumpert for him? I dont remember but if that's the case, idk if I make that trade again. We'll see how Shump does in the playoffs. As for MCW? hahaha nah, I'm good on that guy xD

6. anchel

anchel Member

I still doubt if Shumpert is gonna help us more than Ennis. We'll see.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

One, I disagree. Two, who cares. The team was built for April. Only by having boarderline rotation players signed in the summer would we be in position to sign Faried and Rivers.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Faried didn't sign here because of borderline rotation players. he signed here because he saw the opportunity when capela was hurt. he already said that himself.

rivers also signed here because of the cp3 injury situation and the fit made sense for him.

injuries put the rockets in position to sign them

9. TheRealAllpro

Only Partially. Rivers/ Faried didn’t sign because they would be starters for 3 weeks. They signed because the would be starters for 3 weeks AND because they had a clear path in the rotation afterwards. It’s not an either or situation.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

its a situation of the rockets being a good fit both of them and they both knew it

11. Mr. Space City

Shows how trash the east is.

Jake Tower likes this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

Absolutely, I just think Morey deserves credit for leaving open rotation spots for buyout candidates. He gambled on it and he won.

13. cebu

cebu Member

Timid players, know that.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

one of the things I admire about him. he doesn't have a problem with correcting things in a timely manner and admitting mistakes

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Only ignorant people use the "R" word in a derogatory manner.

And you have suggested that Rubio and Maker would be perfect fits in our system with this team. Don't try and deflect now.

34to11 and YOLO like this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Shooting 16% from 3 for the Magic

[​IMG]

#36 Nimo, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Look at what Montrezl is doing? Bev

No such thing as a former Rocket .. . just Rockets who are no longer with the team
    and alot of them have found niches where they can stick in this league

Rocket River

18. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh whatever.

James Ennis was signed to be a back up for Luc Mbah-Moute. He signed for just over the minimum. The Rockets had almost no money to fill the hole at the 3. Ennis was one of the better options. He did not play all that well, but he wasn't terrible either. He played like a guy making about the minimum. Also, Jeff Bzdelik had worked with Ennis before and liked him. At the end of the day, Ennis wasn't disciplined enough for our defense. Not some major mistake. We moved his player option for next season and went with Gordon and Shumpert.

FLASH21, 34to11 and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good to hear Rockets legends doing well, but they were never going to break into the 6-Man Rotation here anyway.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I very much agree with the bolded part of your post, @dobro1229, and I know I'm not the only one. The only quibble I have, and it isn't much of one, is that Gordon was a drafted 7th in the 1st round of his draft class by the Clippers. Capela was the 25th player picked in his draft by the Rockets. That was one hell of a pick by Morey. Something to remember for those who continue to say that he's lousy when it comes to the draft (and I've complained plenty over the years about who he picked, to be fair). Sure, he's blown it more than once, but he's also struck gold from time to time.

Like you, I love watching our drafted players, or young players we traded for, develop over time. It's one of the true joys of being a fan, in my opinion. It can also be maddening, of course. ;-)