1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want CF to know this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Apr 16, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Both Ennis and MCW are both getting PT on playoff teams .

Yes these teams are in the east . Yes they are not in "bigtime" roles . But , these dudes are good enough to play .

I'm not saying Morey was wrong to let them go . They didn't work out here . But , maybe it wasn't a total brain fart to bring them in . Afterall , they performed well in training camp and in the preseason .... then we got off to that awful start .

I'm not saying I wished things worked out differently , I don't . Rivers and farried are WAY better for what we do and in their level of play . But , I can see an alternate reality where we didn't get off to such a slow start and one or both of those guys managed to stick around and maybe contribute .

These guys aren't great players. But they aren't the worst players in the NBA . It didn't work out . I think CF may have trashed them a little too much lol . We all are guilty of using a scapegoat from time to time .... chances are , the rockets were just getting unlucky and not collectively in the right mindset ( or maybe they needed to relax then to turn it up now ).

Anyways , not trying to start an argument ... just wanted to give some thoughts .

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ennis only played bc philly was blowing out the nets. lets see what happens the rest of the series before actually judging some of these "flukes"

neither of them fit houston's system

LUK3, TannerAdams, Vivi and 6 others like this.
  3. basketballholic

Bringing in a playmaking point guard that can't shoot and then trying to play him at the 3 where we need shooting......was a mistake. Period.

AmbitiousAbe, Jontro, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You won’t get any love for this post but I like it.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I see that . But I think Ennis will play going forward .

He was in the rotation towards the end of the season and then got hurt . He's on the border for sure though .

6. alethios

alethios Member

Easy, jcf, snowconeman22 and 3 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, Morey had a horrible summer

MCW is a bonafide scrub getting PT for a 42 win Magic team, and Ennis sucks too...he plays for Philly because they have extremely sh*tty depth

JW86, cheke64, TannerAdams and 8 others like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

if J. Simmons continues to be awful, he may get a chance to get those minutes

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

10. Fishman5222

Fishman5222 Member

Yeah, resigning Paul and Capela and trading away Anderson's awful contract were all horrible. The Rockets got rid of the the no risk guys. They took no risk -- got rid of them and then signed more no risk guys that have worked out so far. All horrible. If the Rockets fired Morey, he would have a job with a good situation faster than Walton was hired by the Kings.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Had the Rockets not been able to bring back House I think this thread would have much more relevance. Ennis and Stauskas being thrown out like yesterdays garbage while we had 3+ roster spots open AND giving up draft picks in the process all so Tillman could save a couple bucks was infuriating to me.

Yes... there are better players out there getting playoff minutes. Better ones on this team probably too. But the fact is as loyal NBA fans of a contending team with a once in a lifetime type of MVP player in his prime, the fans, Harden, CP3, and others deserve to have an actual roster of actual NBA players on it even if you don't THINK you need those players every single night. The NBA gives the owner 15 roster spots to pay for, and use.... Freaking use them.

And give the fans and the GM their draft picks to give the team a farm of young talent fans can believe have the potential to be the next James Harden.... or at least the next Clint Capela or Eric Gordon. As much as I love having a contending team, I really do miss the excitement of having the draft experience to look forward to, and we all know you can't just survive on vet min contracts alone. You need to strike gold in the draft with young talent to sustain a top heavy contending roster.

Needless to say, Tillman is lucky to have Morey, and he's lucky to have such a loyal fanbase who is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

#11 dobro1229, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    snowconeman22 and BigShasta like this.
  12. Denovo

Denovo Member

They’re both trash and don’t fit our system. Not even worth mentioning.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I have nothing against these guys and I'm glad that they're enjoying professional success somewhere. No, it didn't work out here but it is not like that was a personal affront to the city.

Remlap and saleem like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, he traded away Ryno’s contract in order to get another horrible one in Knight who contributed nothing...he exchanged sh*tty for sh*tty...

He brought in scrub Melo, scrub MCW, and scrub Ennis. What, u thought that summer was an A or something?

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I want you to know this: this aint it

SF3isBack!! and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ennis shot the ball extremely well for us, but his release is super slow and he was hesitant to take every open shot we got him. He’d be fine as a garbage time guy.

MCW I don’t think can play in our system.

34to11 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

there was plenty of risk and the 11-14 hole of a start clearly illustrated that.

Remlap likes this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

this is the probably the last thing to think about at this point lol

jboslett, Roc Paint and saleem like this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet Rubio somehow fits? And Thon Maker still somehow fits...

You can call me a troll all you want... cause I'm tired of your ass constantly trolling this board with your nonsense.

I don't even care about what MCW and Ennis are doing, cause they're not Rockets. Same goes for the other two aforementioned players.

D-rock and biff17 like this.
  20. basketballholic

I have never said Rubio fits since we acquired Chris Paul. Not one time.

We did the equivalent of adding Rubio without the salary and asking him to play the 3. That's r****ded. And you're being r****ded thinking I would ever suggest such a thing. More crossthreading and concocting conclusions.