1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want CF to know this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Apr 16, 2019.

1. basketballholic

Don't want to replace Morey. I respect his bball acumen. He's an asset to the organization.

But he's not perfect.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Guess what... that still may not change this year, next year, or maybe ever.

Doesn't mean you can spin your straws of garbage around like they're gold coins Rumplestiltskin.

Once you get that cushy GM position with any NBA team, feel free to label "my" analysis as simpleton or flawed, because in all reality it's not my analysis, that analysis rightfully belongs to our current executive of the year GM, and for the next 5 seasons as well, not me....

So........

[​IMG]

You crappy arm chair GM.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As someone who won ROY, he had couple of seasons of delivering some good stats and that was his 1st, 2nd and 3rd year, he sure did not improve from there.

On the contrary, he fell off the map completely.

Until the Rox picked him up and he got some minutes in Orlando. Guy was getting worse each year.

There sure was not good playmaking or Defense when he was with the 2nd Unit in Houston.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We traded Anderson (who had what became a terrible contract) for Knight (big contract, but a promising players just a couple of seasons ago) and Chriss (great ability but no brain) to see if they could help us out. They didn't so we got rid of them. It's not nearly as bad as most people have made it seem. Personally, I wish we kept Ryno. He was still a serviceable backup PF during the regular season and was actually doing good before he went down from injury. People keep harping on how bad he was during the playoffs against GSW, but he was trying to guard the likes of Curry on the perimeter coming fresh off injury rehab.

5. mockster

mockster Member

Pay for my ticket

Williamson likes this.
  6. thekad

thekad Member

Ennis is clearly better than Shumpert.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Morey has been doing an amazing job given the constraints we assume that ownership (both previous and current) placed on him. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say I do not ever want to find out how it feels to root for a team with a shitty front office.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Didn’t you want them to bring in a playmaking guard that can’t shoot and play him at guard where we need shooting?

But yes, MCW was a stupid signing

9. justtxyank

So basically you are right unless they win a title nahnahnahnah booboo?

If the standard is that then you have a high likelihood of being right no matter what asinine opinion you have as winning a title is unlikely

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But you are perfect. C'mon! Don't be modest. You're the greatest basketball mind on CF, and frankly you should be running the Rockets, we'd have a chip easily by now if that were the case.

Maybe Morey could be a good assistant to you?

#70 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Ennis is better than Shumpert.

12. justtxyank

View every move they made through this prism:
    Unless they were acquiring a star...
    1) all offseason moves had to leave open possibility of ducking the tax
    2) primary motivation at deadline was ducking the tax

It all makes sense. They were never going to spend the mle or trade for a player that could help but keep them in the tax

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

MCW is beyond redemption. It was a waste of roster spot.

Ennis still has some potential. He MIGHT be better than Shumpert.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Being a participant in an Eastern Conference playoff team isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. They are below average players that would get eaten alive in the West

15. basketballholic

Oh So you and Morey have the same analysis....k.

16. basketballholic

That was the problem. Even with the second unit here he was off the ball. Useless.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yes, we do when he's the one selecting the players and I'm sitting behind my keyboard at work like the GM I'm not.

I never said I was creating my own algorithms to beat the Warriors, but his way has proven pretty effective so far. If not for some tough breaks we'd be the defending champs and coming into the playoffs with a near series sweep during the regular season.

You seem to have some type of superiority complex. Get over yourself man.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Ennis was better than Shumpert has been for us. Other than that, meh. Would take House over all of them combined.

19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Rubio is the anti-Rocket. He is a Carmelo Anthony type fit. You can't put a low efficiency scorer who can't hit a three next to harden. Our whole offense is based on surrounding Harden with shooters, so that he can drive and dish. Rubio would screw everything up. This is one of the worst of your hot takes.

raining threes likes this.
  20. basketballholic

You seem to have some type of superiority complex. Get over yourself man.