1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When FB has to remove 1.5 million videos of the shooting, you know it's not just a "small group of people"

White nationalism is on the rise and the violent attacks are increasing dramatically under their leader, Mr Trump.They see him as the white identity leader, and he does little to nothing to counter that. Because he believes in it. He is their leader, and that makes him feel good.

No Worries likes this.
  2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

3. malakas

malakas Member

What do you mean why I am so hung up on polygamy? You are the one who said this:

and now you just want me to overlook it?:rolleyes:

You said that the Bible and the Quran put the women in the same position
    Last time I checked my church wouldn't give me their blessing to go be the fourth wife of a rich man.

Saying that this is just a minor detail is like saying that the Quran itself shouldn't be the base of Islam.

So do you just pick and choose what part of the Quran are important and ignore the rest like they never exist?

Please stop sprouting bullshit. The role of women in Islam and Christianity are clearly differently defined.
    In fact the only reason all poor and orphan muslim girls aren't still forced right now to go marry some old rich man is because of the Christian countries and Western values and civilization affecting the muslim societies.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you tell me in the Bible, new or old testament, where ot condemns marriage of 11 year old girls?

Both the Quran and the Bible have the EXACT same requirements for marriage: as long as the girl has her periods, she's suitable for mareiama to say age male.

Western counties having fewer rates of child marriages is in spite of Christianity. What you said is absurd. Christianity has a long history of promoting child marriage. The audacity for you to type this with a straight face is absurd.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Please :rolleyes:
    The EXACT requirements for marriage? Did you even read my post?
    Here is one requirement, the groom cant have another wife.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Social media share things. How many people wanted to watch this? How many wanted to share with others? How many request it? Doesn’t indicate they are white nationalist. Not a fair jump of conclusion.

FB uses AI to detect and remove... actually a good and interesting case study on effectiveness

malakas likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What kind of person would seek out this footage that is be distributed on alt-right channels and post it? Are you saying people visit these channels filled with hate, find this footage, download and then upload it on social media knowing full well it will likely get removed for other purposes?

I visited those sites - the boards were buzzing with massive number of posts. This isn't some small group of people, it's a movement.

8. fchowd0311

I find child marriages far more concerning than multiple consenting adults wanting to engage in polygamy.

Also, your last paragraph had everything to do with child marriages of little girls. Something that no where in the text of the Bible prevents and is something that was widely practiced amongst Christians up until modern secularism overtook religious law in the Western world. And even then, there are more backwards parts of our own nation, where child marriage is still a massive problem especially in the Bible Belt.

9. malakas

malakas Member

And?
    So lets see if the Bible gives the woman a 5/10 in human rights then the Quran that allows both gives a 1/10.
    5 is bigger number than 1.

Therefore your argument is void.

The Quran and the Islamic faith dont treat women the same as Christianity.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Remove from FB, not altright channels.

People asked me for link simply because they want to see. Curiousity I would said.

11. fchowd0311

Amazing analysis.

So I'm going with this:
    Any advancements in women's rights in Western Republics is due to secularization in spite of Christianity. And that secularization is due to increased rates of average prosperity due to the industrialized revolution. The less poor you are, the less ***** you give about religion.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you think people are going through the alt-right cess pool to get the content and download it and upload it to facebook because their friends are curious? You can't just share a link you know.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Censorship for safety. Give your rights up. Take more rights so I cannot give you more when the other types of killings happen.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yet Mormons manage.

15. malakas

malakas Member

And?
    Out of topic again and again.
    You are delusioned to even believe I am smh supporting the Bible. .
    I am mythbusting the misinformative propaganda that Islam treats women the same as Christianity.
    Not once you have made a single comment on that.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Mormons have their own holy books that all other christians do not.

17. fchowd0311

Islam the ideology treats women the same as Christianity the ideolgically.

Any differences you see in it's adherents and the way they treat women would have more to do with geopolitical ramifications that result in economic deficiencies and thus more ardent hardlined extremists.

Look at poor Christian nations like Uganda and their misogyny and treatment of the LGBT community.

So can you name me from a pure theological standpoint besides polygamy the differences in how women should be treated as prescribed by the Quran and the Bible?

#437 fchowd0311, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Wrong.
    The Quran itself allows 4 women to each man. With clear words straightforward.
    Stop with the misinformation. The religion of Islam on its root treats women differently that Christianity.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wut?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro