1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the second time you've referred to the Five Pillars of Nazism. Please inform us what they are and how they relate to the practice of Nazism. I wasn't aware there was such a tenant in the Nazi philosophy labeled as the 5 Pillars of Nazism.

I am aware of the Five Pillars of Islam.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm talking about current Muslims?

In pretty sure I've discussed this before in this message board before. You understand the difference between opt in and opt out ideologies?

An opt-in ideology is an ideology that usually is picked up by an individual once they are old enough to be politically conscious. They made the decision for themselves. Usually in opt in ideologies, the proponents are far more adamant in their beliefs. They adhere more closely to the original ideology created by the founder.

An opt out ideology is an ideology where people are mostly born into it. This usually creates a wide range of apathy or adherence to the ideology. Religion is the most common form of opt out ideology.

Ask a neo Nazi if Hitler's goal to irradicate the Jews was a positive thing, and most of them would answer "yes".

Ask a Muslim or at the very least an American Muslim if Muhammad being a warlord and raped little girls was a bad thing and they will answer "Muhammad didn't do those things you claimed".

The Bible has draconian Nazi like rhetoric also. God destroyed an entire civilzation because some people wanted to have buttsex. But most Christians today would say genocide because of homosexuality is wrong.

#562 fchowd0311, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I used to have a 1968 GTO. Everyone told me it would get 6-10 miles per gallon. I used all kinds of tricks no one had thought of before and got 75 miles a gallon.

I drove it all the way to Hawaii on two tanks of gas.

B-Bob, dachuda86 and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Liar

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did you hyper mile behind a semi?

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It’s still there. Who has redacted the Quran to not include Muhammad?

It would be impossible to eliminate Muhammad. The Quran was given to him by allah — written on his heart.

You can make all sorts of excuses for Neo-Nazis: well, they just believe in white superiority and not mass genocide.

I however am pleading a totally different case. Western living standards and Mediterranean climates mean nothing if your morality is derived from a 7th century illiterate pedophilic slave-owning warlord.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

weight redux, hypermile, change the engine somehow?

8. malakas

malakas Member

There is no common common sense.
    My common sense might be the exact opposite of the common sense of a person who lives at the opposite side of the planet.

Both moral decisions and a society's common sense are immensely influenced by religion.
    On top of it what you describe as "benign" ritualistic aspects of a religion may be seen as criminal in another society.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I have never met one who eats pork and I lived somewhere where Turks are coming by ship for holidays every weekend. It is difficult to even find a restaurant or a butcher shop that has pork unless you are in Istanbul that has many foreigners. Even in Izmir or Bodrum.
    However they not only drink alcohol they make their own liquor. Raki that has a very high alchohol content. When they come here they raid supermarkets like locusts and buy every bottle of wine and alcohol to bring back.
    What you say about split between east and west is correct. The eastern Turkey is completely different than the coastal or the black sea.

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I know many modern Turks who travel and the men, who are friends of mine usually, these ones I know tell me they tried it. Take it for what it is worth since it is based on my personal relationships and meetings. They do not eat it in Turkey. Def not all of them. Most turks hate pork and the thought. You can buy it in only a few stores in major cities in Turkey where there are high populations of foreigners nearby. The ones I met only taste the forbiden meat when abroad. I know because I have experience living there. But you are right that generally it is frowned upon and they think it filthy. Thus tourist places wouldnt want to offend I guess.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member