1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

me:

you:

'jewdaism' <> 'folks'

you aren't even trying to hide your dishonesty.

3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Loose gun laws meaning ARs. Pistol means smaller mags and they take more time to do damage meaning one has a chance to run and escape.

Sandy Hook shooter used an AR if im not mistaken.

#403 Jump Ship, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Yeah but the school is zoned in a zip code with lower income. The fact remains, if kids from a low income area are zoned to the school then one bad apple is all it takes. Sending my kids to that school every day is an unnecessary risk and it was unfortunate for those parents who never thought it could happen.

I know you hate being wrong, but it happens.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if anything monetary has to do with this dude. This pic makes me feel a little depressed. Girls probably would not even talk to this poor kid if this is what he looked like all of the time.

6. AB423

AB423 Member

Anyone know where I can find the video?

7. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Piratebay

Fact is low income area. Sure, many shooters did it cuz girls did not talk to them or poor, but lanza was disconnected from reality.

peleincubus likes this.
  8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

No Worries and edwardc like this.
  9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Yes, I did state that there is mistrust, divisions, and cultural issues that make polling difficult data to rely on. Yes, that does mean that reform is needed for backward laws and attitudes. This does not mean the latter means the polls Sam Harris refers to must be true. There are so many polls Sam refers to so not sure how you have correlated the aforementioned.

My main issue with him is he tries to lump majority of Muslims (1.6B people) into one boat as though he understands the thoughts & tendencies of all of them. Also, his risk assessment is so off its hard to take him seriously. He is obviously a puppet to his tribe.

I'm a human being and I'm bound to be influenced by my hard wiring, so yes I am tribal as well. But, I don't have any fixated views, I'm neither left, right, or strictly in the middle. Really depends on the topic. Given this, I believe I am more in control of my tribal wiring's. When someone becomes predictable and constantly spews the same talking points, they've sold themselves to a group. Information and social systems are so dynamic, if you keep saying the same crap in the same way, you really are nothing but a bot.

edwardc likes this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Can we all call a spade is a spade 45 will not say that white people are better than any other color on the planet earth.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I didn't say anything that in depth Lou. I just know the shooter is a terrorist who wanted to sew discord and start tribalistic fighting. You need to take a step back and think more clearly. And stop injecting you looney politics into everyone's posts.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And verbal violence.

Harrisment likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I personally avoid people that refer to the after life as Valhalla. Those same people typically carry a copy of The Turner Diaries, don’t vaccinate their children and consider Alex Jones and Mountain Dew as Godsends.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nordicphobic?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You wrote this

I hate jewdism would love to see people stop believing it. Same with islam and christianity

You hate Judaism, Islam and Christianity and would love to see people stop believing in Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

I said

You actually hate folks believing in their respective religion.

You said it yourself. You hate that people believe in Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. How am I being dishonest?

Nook likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So you won't be voting Spartacus in 2020?

Amiga and Nook like this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Point is, there are major problems here to contend with which you seem to agree with, and any way you try to explain away the results of these polls they are still indicative of that problem. Any society where a significant number of people think the death penalty is acceptable for apostasy or blasphemy, particularly in this day and age, is in really bad shape. Even if some sizeable fraction of people questioned were intimidated into keeping quiet or suppressing what they really feel, the solution is still to empower moderate, tolerant Muslims and oppose those who don’t want to see that happen.

OK.

OK. Though everyone thinks they are more in control of their tribal wiring than others. I do as well!

I suppose you are a Muslim or at least are much more familiar with Islam than I am. What does the relevant Islamic scripture say about the punishment for apostasy and blasphemers? And what is your own view on how that should be treated? Do you believe that the vast majority of people in, say, Pakistan do not think apostates or blasphemers should be punished?

Nook likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is that different than ISIS?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Don’t do it. Why would you want to view it?

If you really feel you need to see it just ask your most hardcore gun nut friend. It’s all over the websites and FB groups that they frequent. I guess 4 Chan and 8 Chan are two sites they all go to. I only saw it cause I happened to be with one of our good friends who is a gun nut and got it from another gun nut friend.

The video is littered with him saying things from their website culture and his gun had things written on it only those guys would know about.

Other than learning about that online culture and getting to listen to weird Russian music in his car, there’s no reason you should watch it. It should disturb the hell out of you, and you’ll never look at a first person shooter game the same way.

Harrisment likes this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Actually, it is not. It has very specific conditions for it...are you aware of what they are? It's purpose was to prevent widows and orphans from being outcast in society, and having no means of support. Which of those things are you in favor of?

Why are you so hung up on polygamy? What does it have to do with the topic? Do any of those Muslims you know have multiple wives?

This is both insignificant and irrelevant...very few Muslims practice it, and there were real reasons behind why it was allowed. It isn't relevant to either this topic, or my point that culture and religion are often conflated, which they are. It is, as another article mentions, one of the biggest misconceptions about Islam. Which might be a topic for another discussion, although I'm not sure anyone else is that interested in it.