1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 will play back to backs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 27, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Exactly, dude. If you dislike Tilman Fertitta, you are totally f***ed.
    I guess you'll be posting negative comments here for years into the future.
    Or you could start following a team you actually enjoy. . . .

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you must not be familiar with who you just replied to

harold bingo and sirbaihu like this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL this is an interesting place to see the pain and unhappiness in other people's lives. Imagine RocketsFido expecting years of b'ball unhappiness ahead, and too numb/unable to make any change in his life.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The same people calling for him to rest and sit out are the same people that are gonna be whining and moaning in the game thread when/if we got down 5 points.

6. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

True. Why can’t we have it all!?

7. Fantasma Negro

He wants to go at Wade one last time, I'm fine with it. He's been looking good lately and having Rivers come off the bench to spell him had kept him fresh. So was it a good game?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right now, we have no other choice. Back to backs for CP3 has become a necessity. Harden is hurt.

9. YaoMingsSoulja

I disagree with you buddy. He's missed 23 games already this season due to injury. He's sat long enough, he needs to play and finish out the season so he can be ready for the playoffs. There's always risk of injury you cant be a p***y

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets are barely holding on. Barely beating sub .500 teams like CHA.

You can talk all you want about *bubble wrap* and *resting guys* but they are NEEDED right now.

We do this every year. *Rest* is a bit overrated. Ideally it is more about managing minutes so people are not over extended. That way the players keep their *rhythm* which is needed.

The team can't just "rest guys" and expect to "flip a switch" come playoff time to "be great."

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How do you explain our effort vs GS ?

This team clearly is two-faced with the effort they give on a random night .

I agree it's hard to flip a switch . I agree we are just holding on . But we demolished GS without harden ... because everyone played with great energy .

Harden coming back , clearly not 100 percent , effected our unity and sharpness on D . That allowed ATL and CHA to stick around

The team doesn't have that continuity built up because we keep trying to play guys through injury and never let anyone get fully healthy *Because* of this same logic of needing to "win now"

MDA has been panicking since the beginning of this season and played CP3 and James heavy minutes to try and right the ship .

When CP3 went down (on the second night of a b2b ) .... James carried the team with an absurd load and he is now banged up .

regarding "rhythm" ... what do you think is a more likely explanation for James' poor shooting coming out of the all-star break ?

1) he had a week off
    2) he's got a ****ing neck and shoulder injury

I understand that "playing yourself in shape" is a real thing . But we have to stop acting like MDA is some blameless victim and he's just trying to do his best to win games and if players get worn down ... well, that's not his fault . After all , harden wants to play 35+ minutes !

MDA is more stubborn about "rest" than any coach outside of tom thibodeau . He's wrong. Every other team in the league is taking precautions with load management and playing a longer rotation when guys are out .

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Considering the stakes, seeding etc I can't understand maximum effort not given out there. I have no explanation.

Harden is a grinder and a rhythm player. Feels like he plays better on B2B's than on multiple days off. His BEST games are the ones where his in a rhythm and scoring early.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Throw the towel man.Did you see what D-braid did to the warriors?

15. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

They need to be resting Harden. He’s definitely banged up.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agree and I dunno what harden needs to do off the court to improve this .... but I think that needs to be a Goal this offseason .

Maybe he needs to play off ball more .

No one expects a player to be able to take games off (actually sit out) and then come back in full force .... but it would be nice if he didn't go 0/13 from 3 his first game back on step backs to try and get back in the zone .... let the game come to you man . Just play D , run on the break , and shoot when you are open / drive .

He was trying to get his 1v1 mojo back on track and frankly the team needs to learn to play without him doing that right now . We've had plenty of practice on what to do when James or Chris ISO

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Honestly I don't even care about the seeding. Let's get 8 and hit GSW first.

Jake Tower and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If CP3 suffers an overuse injury tonight . Is that a fireable offense by MDA ?

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Seems kind of risky considering his age and injury history this year alone. The rest strategy hasn't exactly paid dividends for the Spurs in the past few years, but it certainly couldn't hurt. I don't even care about seeding at this point.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Is CP3 like the oldest 33 year old ever