1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 will play back to backs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 27, 2019.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Another quest for knowledge on your part? Or a suggestion?

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'd like to see how other people feel about it .

If CP3 pulled his hammy again tonight would you want MDA to chalk it up to random chance and take no blame ?

I think it's a fireable offense . But then again I also want MDA to play Hartenstein and Clark more .... so I am very much on the side of resting players and using that time to develop young guys .

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, I would not want MDA to get fired, d!ckwad.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're a real piece of Temecula dude

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I don't know man. All this injury situation is not all coincidence, it's part of a season-long vicious cycle that is still in the making.

Starting from the FO signing guys that do not contribute, forcing the core to load up (CP, Tucker, Harden). The incidental injuries of Capela and Gordon didn't help. The whole situation is aggravated by the injury of CP, which precipitated Toni to run Harden (and Tucker) almost to the ground (part because Toni doesn't have a habit of playing a long rotation, part because of the miserable short roster he needed to operate with to begin with). Now that Harden almost went down, there is immediate urge for the coach to sidestep the resting protocol for CP in order to cover him. Not to mention that Shump got the injury bug.

We need everyone? Sure, of course. There is perhaps little choice by doubling down given the current miserable situation. Could this all have been avoided? It's resulting from a series of unfortunate actions from the coaches / FO and sometimes players.

On top of everything, we could have got a bit more buffer if some of these stupid losses (against Brooklyn for example) had been avoided.

I have zero clue how some of you on this board can still comfortably retain that sunny optimism.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Paul playing probably isn’t Mikes call if I had to guess.

I would guess the player, the trainer and Morey have most if not all the say in these situations.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, this is a board for people who enjoy the Houston Rockets.
    Do you know what enjoyment is? You don't feel it.
    Find something you enjoy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

This is 100% Chris Paul's call. Morey, Trainers nor MDA can stop CP3 from playing the last game against Dwade. Now it is up to MDA to limit his minutes. But Paul will rest on the remaining b2bs, just not this one

9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

One of the many things I enjoy is laughing out loud at [insert whatever profanity here] posts like this

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That is the definition of a troll:
    Go to Rockets site. Ask: "Why are you guys optimistic about the Rockets?" Get pissed off response. Laugh.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I hope you are right .

My opinion is that as long as the playoff race is close , Paul will play as many games as possible to try and boost our seed

12. biff17

biff17 Member

how could you know if it was a random chance of the fault of the back to back?

is there a medical test for that?

sirbaihu and hakeem94 like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Maybe.

Look if Chris does something like break his hand from getting into a fight , then you can eliminate playing b2b as being a cause .

But if he hurts his hamstring again ... after it last happpened on a back to back , you can start to hypothesize that maybe he has some imbalance that (when his muscles are fatigued) increases the likelihood of injury .

A training staff / physical therapist would be able to tell you better . But , if he hurt a hamstring again then I would be skeptical that it was purely random chance

Houstunna likes this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

And if that training staff says he is not at risk for injury what then?

Or do you think MDA is overruling the training staff?

sirbaihu likes this.
  15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

MDA on if CP3 is able to play back to backs now.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Look on the bright side. If CP3 goes down from injury tonight they'll likely have no choice but to play Chris Chiozza.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If the training staff says there is no increased risk then it's on them

I don't think MDA is overruling the staff .

I think there IS evidence that shows playing heavy minutes on a b2b increases the risk of injury .

That's one of the reasons the NBA tried to cut down the number of b2b's this season . Teams were responding to this increased risk by sitting players for rest .

So if the training staff gives the OK , I wouldn't expect MDA to go out of his way to rest guys .

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pretty obvious why cp3 wants to play tonight. And dwade commenting

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I can’t lie, even though I didn’t want to see CP3 play he was instrumental in helping close out the comeback win tonight. So good to see that from him.

I’m still not a fan of the B2Bs for him, but that just my opinion nothing more.

sirbaihu and BaselineFade like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Show me THE EVIDENCE... not some assumptions and weak deductions....

sirbaihu likes this.