1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

b****.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

And i trust the rockets are smart enough that they won't give that much for just Butler. And as of now it sure does look that way thankfully

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Richardson is a good two way player, to me he's not better than Gordon as today, probably never will since i don't think he'll improve much at this point, but he's 4/5 years younger and signed for 4 years at 10M, that's a pretty good contract and he fits well in terms of age with KAT, it's understandable if Minnie prefers him over Gordon.

BigMaloe, malakas and DonKnock like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He is a 6'6" 3 & D wingman at 25. These types of players are in high demand. His defense is very good. And he is signed to a team friendly contract. 4/40. A value contract for a high demand position.

BigMaloe, Sean Dr34ms and HoustonCRT like this.
  5. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Dang that's a nice contract, I wasn't aware they had him on such a good deal, definitely makes more sense.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not worth it. I’m more than sure their time is coming to be banned yet again. This has all gotten very old.

DonKnock and Plowman like this.
  7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah but those 3 shooters are arguably the best 3 shooters ever in NBA history. I mean Literally #1, #2, #3 ever in NBA history. When you have 3 that damn good it doesnt always matter about the rest.

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The most hard-to-replace type of players (similar to JB) in modern day NBA.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

The issue with Miami is that if they give up too much for Butler they won't win, and Butler won't re-sign. They can't match contracts well because Whiteside makes a lot more than Brandon Knight (for taking on Dieng's contract). And they can't trade a pick until like 3 years later. That's probably why the Wolves haven't taken any deal from them.

Richardson is easily the best player being bantered about so far, but Miami's probably only offering if the Wolves take on Whiteside's ridiculous salary and won't offer anyone else of value. The Rockets offer a cleaner salary sheet for the Wolves and maybe 1-2 crappy 1st round picks, but unfortunately no key player the Wolves really want.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Exactly. From a pure basketball perspective, if you can flip your #3 guard for an All-Star wing, why wouldn't you do that??

Our chosen style of play is spread them out, go 1-on-1. Why wouldn't we want one of the best 1-on-1 players in the game, with the added benefit of also being one of the best perimeter defenders?

You're overthinking this if you're valuing the few additional %s of Gordon 3 point shooting and some marginal prospects and picks over Butler. I guarantee the Rockets did the Anderson trade with the idea that Knight can step in to Gordon's role if he's traded.

11. malakas

malakas Member

The main reason is because it's Octomber and Wolves are left with very few choices so Miami is trying to lowball them.
    Otherwise someone like him no matter the contract is not worth to be the sticking point for a top 15 player trade.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Sounds like a poster I have on my ignore list, because I don't see the triggering post. But I have my suspicion about who it is.

D-rock likes this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

2 for 1???? And what happen if he gets injured and leave us next year. Don't do it morey!

Stay humble with what you got and run it back!

15. malakas

malakas Member

sources are both DWolfson and NotDWolfson?
    Even for the standards of trash tweets that sounds suspicious. LOL

clutchdabear, D-rock, jch1911 and 3 others like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

I can't find a NotMattVelazquez source to make sure tho.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Whiteside/Dragic lol...i don't know if that's bs or Riley is just so arrogant...

DonKnock likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Wolfson was on a podcast this morning and mentioned that those are the offers. NotDWolfson is some aggregator account that did a tweet write up about the pod, similar to how @J.R. does on here.

malakas likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Riley is arrogant. That is 100%

Vivi and DonKnock like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Can you think of a worse situation than trading for Whiteside and have him sit behind KAT, coming off the bench? I am sure Whiteside's attitude would be great.....:rolleyes:

Where would Goran Dragic fit with Teague? Just no roster fit for those players on Minny.

Miami can forget any moves with Minny if Winslow and/or Richardson are not part of the deal.

Say what you will about Eric Gordon, but he at least FITS with Minny at SG. He can play defense. He is under a good contract for 2 years.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.