1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Man at this point I’m ready to run it back and hope 1 or 2 of our min signings goes bonkers, Cousins just means Capela gets to play the whole game, Iggy and Livingston are close to washed. Rockets got this

#4101 Fullcourt, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Trackwell, cbs1507, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

100 percent. I totally can see Morey saying they have no interest in including PJ, and I don’t believe that has anything to do with Minny not wanting to deal then.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

After seeing the potential of the team as is, I think the Rockets should put on shades and slowly step away from the Jimmy. They currently have too many ways to come at teams.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We're really really good.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is precisely the time when the Rockets flip every non-core asset + Gordon to get a four time all star at a position of need. Sell high.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Has Morey found better than average 12-15 guys in teams lately than the average NBA team? He then uses those assets to upgrade to a single player.

D-rock likes this.
  7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

The Warriors have only 3 good shooters anymore. Their big 3. No one else. First time in their history it's been like that.

Igoudala has been getting worse every season since 2014 and is 35 now. Draymond looked a bit worse last season and is already dealing with injuries before pre-season.

They are thinner than ever on the wings. They definitely won't be able to get 65 wins this season, unless they overachieve with late game heroics and squeeze some extra wins out. If the Rockets do well with trades and buyouts we should be better going into the postseason, for the second straight year.

joshuaao, HP3, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure I agree with this as long as we know Jimmy (even if its just for a year) will be bought in to give up the stats to try and help win a title.

That starting lineup (with Melo in it) has only one big question mark.... how will PJ, or Ennis do at making teams pay when they leave them open when someone has to help?

You insert Jimmy Butler into that starting spot, and this team is virtually unguardable, and there are fewer guys in the league who can guard the likes of Kevin Durant, and Lebron James as good as Jimmy B.

I love Eric Gordon, but Jimmy Butler, IMO, just makes all the sense in the world for this team. However.... with Jimmy its highly likely we are looking at him as a one year rental, but we all know that Gordon, rightfully, prefers to go somewhere else as well where he can have more of a staring role. So if the deal is just around Gordon, filler, and picks.... deal me in.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I hope you're right, but I'm not going to be the guy that underestimates one of the best teams in NBA history.

I made that mistake with the Spurs more than once, and they didn't have the roster that Golden State does.

D-rock and mike2k132 like this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Breaking News.

We've got a new insider here folks!

[​IMG]

Where exactly are you "hearing" this from? The little voices in your head don't count buddy.
    [​IMG]

11. Rocketsfan3422

I'm so glad you added the JK, I thought you were serious....because everyone on this forum knows this and could have said the same thing. Rockets get used every year.

D-rock likes this.
  12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Really hard to take you serious my man when your name is “Jacking Off”

13. King901

King901 Member

That hollics other account.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY.

RTI

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Demarcus shot 36% from 3 in New Orleans, and I suspect he'll be more open in GS than he was in New Orleans.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I'll believe in Cousins' recovery from a torn achilles when I see it.

Warriors still winning it all, """(((freedom of movement)))""" means they shooting 60 FTs a game.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

So, ... The JK at the end is cause his name is Jack Kingoff. It's a nod to @DaDakota. It also works cause half of what he posts is trolling. Layers.

18. Chamillionaire

We know Melo and EGo going to ball this year. We need Thicc for everything else he brings. If one or two out of Ennis, Chriss, Knight, MCW, Green step up, we got our 7-8 man rotation.

I think giving up EGo, Thicc, FRP is too much for a rental. JB basketball wise fits our team like a glove.

He's gonna end up in MIA anyways, it don't matter.

19. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I think we have to include EG no matter what.

We can't afford to sign EG to an extension if we want JB. So no way we will be able to keep both guys.

Knight doesn't worth his current wage if we decide to trade him instead of EG in the long run. I think Knight would be a cap relieve more than anything for his value.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

You're sig at the bottom is perfect for you because all of your posts are f+[#;÷ jokes

D-rock, BigMaloe, topfive and 3 others like this.