1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My guess is it looks more like:

Paul/Knight/MCW
    Harden/Gordon
    Ennis/Green/Edwards
    Tucker/Melo
    Capela/Nene/Chriss

And obviously guys will switch around and play some minutes at different positions too.

2. rammo

rammo Member

Anyone who cracks the sads over Melton is seriously deluded.

This is a good deal. So long Ryan you ball and chain.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Do you mean to say that Morey, being regarded as one of the top GM in the league whose also an analytic nerd, best in numbers, that will agree to sending out a 29th pick instead of a 46th pick?

4. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I could see Chriss having a somewhat resemblance of Amare in a Mike D offense. Pick and pop and pick and roll pick your poison. Mike also will get any point guard to play at high level " Jerry Lin" notice the quotations everyone thought he was the next best thing and his career has been built off of his days with Mike. Brandon Knight will have a good year if his ACL doesn't hinder him. This was the plan all along. I think Morey has seen his flaws in the 3s and layups only game plan we have a lot more people who can actually shoot midrange now. This is going to be potent using all 3 parts of the half court instead of 2. Defensively Chriss can switch on to guards and cause nightmares. He is young and mobile he just needs to focus and keep his motor going. Maybe John Lucas turns him around. Not only is Morey creating a win now aspect of this team, but he is gambling on projects that can contribute and also be that diamond in the rough aligning us for passing of the torch. We can move these players a lot easier as well, but I highly doubt this was the intention of all of these former first rounders. They do somewhat all fit the same build though athletic,long, and good skill set. I definitely approve this trade.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

CP3 and Harden are going to make Chriss look like the second coming of Capela. Dude has already proven that he is a capable shot blocker.

No guarantees, but the young man's chances of succeeding in the NBA went up exponentially the minute he was traded to a winning program such as ours.

Hui, BoneYardDog, luckyman76 and 4 others like this.
  6. gotsis

gotsis Member

Not in love with the trade, but think the overall output will be positive, specially if Brandon Knight can return to 2015 form and who knows Chriss can take advantage of CP3 and Harden's playmaking ability and be a good backup to Capela. Sucks to lose Melton, but he probably was going to be in the G league for the year anyway and we have to win now.

7. HTM

HTM Member

Chandler Parsons wasn't that long ago..

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

His analytics has Melton as much better than a 46th....wasn't it like Top 15 according to his top GM, nerd analysis. So, yeah, I can see Morey's analysis of this particular Pick in Hand being statistically more likely to make it than a future 29th.

I do agree with @The Cat, the Stepien Rule factors in. Keeping the Future pick provides more theoretical flexibility, assuming Melton doesn't prove Morey correct, as a Top 15 talent by the trade deadline.

anyhoot: I just find it an interesting question to ask Morey, whether his first choice was to keep his Man (more along his M.O.) vs the equal likelihood he prefers flexibility of avoiding Stepien Rule and the general idea that other teams might value Futures over selected Rookies.

10. sage281

sage281 Member

The thing is by the end of the Melton may be worth less than a late first. Also a late 1st is positionless meaning it fits EVERY teams needs not just those who need a guard.

heypartner likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Chriss has potential with cp3 and harden but he is also a problem in the locker room. I hope he can humble himself in this situation and shut up and listen to the vets. Idk how I feel about this deal. Am I wrong to believe we could’ve gotten more if we held on to ryno until next year? I don’t really like giving up Melton to get rid of ryno either. Watch him turn into the next Donovan Mitchell.

Knight sucks

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Apparently the waive and stretch deadline is today. That makes a deadline for trades.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Carl Landry?

DD

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Parsons ain't showing much in his first season, he played much better only after Harden joined.

And if you will want to use Parsons as an example, you have to remember what your GM told you :

"you want to be the one who drafted Parsons, not the one actually want to sign him."

So there you go, listen to you cocky GM please.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Start where? Not happening. No way.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If zach randloph can join, our power forward can.upgrade

17. HTM

HTM Member

He was named to the NBA all rookie second team.... Your question was when was the last time a 2nd round rookie contributed to the Rockets?... the answer is clearly Chandler Parsons... and it wasn't that long ago.

REEKO_HTOWN and heypartner like this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Much more likely that Chriss is nothing more than a contract, whose team option is declined in 2 months.

Possibly even waived.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Every GM made mistakes on draft picks or signing, Morey is no exception.

I think he believed the first round pick is so valuable nowadays, he is actually using it as a tool to fix his mistakes or making some impacted deals.

From Asik to Lin, to Brewer and then signing CP3, those are all involved the first round pick.

He is not the guy who will let go of his first round pick easily.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I misread the post, and didn't realize it said starting. So, I clicked like to it.
    Chriss can be a backup to Capela.
    That will be good enough.

mikol13 likes this.