1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Fantasma Negro

2. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

Damn Morey you FKN b*stard!! THE GOAT

Mr Chuck Norris and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Why would you give money back lol

heypartner and jboslett like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like Melton but he was never going to get real meaningful playing time on a team that is a championship contender next year. There are a few things working against him:

-a coach that really don't play rookies a whole lot
    -playing a position that has him behind James Harden, Chris Paul, Eric Gordon and maybe even MCW in pecking order

Chandler Parsons arrived at the right time, place and situation for him to flourish.

I hope Melton becomes a solid rotation NBA guy but it would take some significant events next year on this team for that to come into play.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Anderson probably wants to leave just as badly as everyone in Houston wants him out of a Rockets uniform

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. Fantasma Negro

Guilt from stealing it to begin with lol

slothy420, Phillyrocket and RyanB like this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Details, that’s where Morey makes his living.

RyanB likes this.
  9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Fair point.

But using all rookie second team as a comparison, Chriss also received the same honor in his rookie season and I guess nobody really cares.

Bottom line, if you will argue Parsons rookie season to be impactful for a Rox team missed the playoff, I will disagree on this.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the end, Ryno helped us and himself.

RudyTBag, Sanity2disChaos and RyanB like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m surprised he took less, I really am. Nice guy or not.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just like a buyout, you get a chance to sign with another team.

So why not? You got paid and don't need to work.

Have you seen the line outside of social security of those people trying to get their checks?

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think he hated it here, yes, he lost his confidence but Houston is a nice destination to play. Instant contender status.

Played alongside the best PG and best SG in a long time. And of course his breh Gordon is here. Mike DA is a fan of shooting.

I think him and Morey had a pep talk. Change of scenery. Minutes go to Carmelo who isn't the shooter Ryno was but can score in other ways.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

slothy420 and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I like it okay, but more confused than anything.

1. I'm confused because we swapped a $40 million albatross for a $30 million albatross. That's only marginally better.

2. I suppose there's a chance that Knight can be incrementally more useful than Anderson. Of course, given that we have a hundred guards on the roster and basically zero true power forwards, Knight might not even be as useful.

3. The main reason I like it though is that I went into the season believing we would have to package Eric Gordon to unload Anderson. This deal means Gordon stays, which is fantastic. Of course, we only unloaded about 25% of Anderson's burden, but if it's enough luxury tax relief for Tilman and enough roster flexibility for Morey, I think I have to be satisfied as well.

4. I don't care two ***** about Melton. He was top-15 on Morey's trade board whatever -- he was #46 in the draft. 46. Until he proves something, he has no value. On potential, he's worth as much as the lottery bust we got in trade, or less. Besides which, if he ever saw minutes in a season we're contending for a championship with veterans like Harden, Paul, Gordon, MCW, and now Knight then we've got serious problems. Even now, it's hard to imagine that both Knight and MCW get minutes. I have to think Knight is the odd man out.

5. Chriss is interesting. I assume Melo is the starting power forward. Tucker has shown he can play there also, though he's undersized. That should be enough to hold the spot and I want real veterans taking all the rotation minutes. But unlike guard, we aren't super deep on power forward, so there's some opportunity for spot minutes for a young guy. And he's got legit size at least.

ArtV likes this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

Your trippin. Morey is definitely going to take a chance with an 21yr old athletic defender who can also shoot 3's. Sounds like his ****ing dream

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Morey just keeps doing Morey things. When will people see the light? He ALWAYS finds a way to give this team better odds at a championship. We need to be appreciative of how lucky Houston sports is with our GM's... Between Luhnow and Morey (Maybe Gaines).... It just feels like a blessing.

Hui and fba34 like this.
  18. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Big fan of Chriss, I really like this trade. I’m sure Tucker was asked what he thought about Chriss and Knight.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Reading this thread makes me wonder if people realize that Melton is a 6’3” guard and not a 6’8” forward.

We traded away our defensive replacement for Ariza and Luc?

Also hilarious how several people know the “FACT” that Knight and Chriss are zeros already. Literally no chance to be good. I’d venture to guess 80% of the posters here didn’t even remember who Chriss was when the trade was announced and of the 20% who knew the name maybe 10% actually watched and studied his game.

Clutchfans.... never change

This was a good trade anyway you slice it. These 2 guys could turn into something for us and if not they are more tradeable than Ryno and all it cost was a mid second rounder that hasn’t played a minute of nba ball.

daywalker02 likes this.