1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is some major bullish. The Heat could have done the same trade 6 months ago and got AT LEAST one first.

#1101 TheRealAllpro, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    fattz, hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Dude, what the hell?

I'm out here explaining WHY the Rockets make the moves they make. I don't always like them, but I at least understand the team's reasoning. Glad to hear that makes me a homer.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Invisible Fan, hakeem94 and xaos like this.
  4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Why are y’all tripping over Tyler Johnson?

Miami doesn’t want to work with Houston. What else am I missing?

fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

6. TheRealAllpro

Bima is definitely not a homer. Ben maybe a little but I just think he is just an optimist person.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Suns did themselves well here. Tyler is a decent player and they got rid of that Anderson's big contract without giving up a 1st rd pick.

fattz likes this.
  8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

They could actually. This was similar to Bogut, but he didn't want to go back to Warriors.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Anonymous people like @DaBeard will take shots from behind a keyboard about people they've never even spoken to.

Happy to discuss it some time like an adult, if you're game.

#1109 The Cat, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Zergling and TheRealAllpro like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

And netted Melton in the process...

Nice doing business with you.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's a hobby, all of this is entertainment. I won't speak for anybody else, but for me... I tend to give the benefit of the doubt when there's a plausible case. That's not me saying there isn't another case, because there often is (and in this case, definitely). But I'd be miserable if I spent as much time as I do covering and following this team and constantly waited for the other shoe to drop. Because there's a million other things we could all be doing.

To be clear, to those arguing that all this is a complex Tilman-mandated scheme to cut costs... I'm not "arguing," per se. Honestly, I have no way to prove anything at this date, and this summer will tell the tale regardless. For now, I'm consciously making a decision to look at the less-dire scenarios because that makes fandom more fun (at least to me). If you don't, nothing wrong with that. To each their own.

Obviously this isn't about me at all, just thought I'd explain my outlook since my name was brought up. Carry on.

xaos and TheRealAllpro like this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

Thanks for the insight. I’m definitely a fan of your commentary. As I listen to ever single one of your podcast.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226132985.html

Heat forward Ryan Anderson was pleased to make his Heat debut late in Monday’s loss in Denver, even though it was a mere 1:53 of game action. He had one assist and didn’t attempt a shot or score a point.

Anderson appeared in only 15 games and 278 minutes for Phoenix this season being traded to Miami last week in a deal that sent Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington to the Suns. Johnson is now starting for Phoenix; Ellington was waived and signed with Detroit.

“It felt good to get out there,” said Anderson, who has averaged 12.5 points and shot 38 percent on three-pointers in 638 NBA games. “I’m just happy to be with this group. Seeing how hard they play, how much they want to win is so refreshing to me.”

Erik Spoelstra said the Heat will work on Anderson’s conditioning, and Anderson — who appears to be in good shape — said he’s on a diet plan.

“There is a Miami Heat standard that no other team I’ve played on has this type of elite level conditioning, which is amazing,” he said. ”I’ve been doing workouts every day. My conditioning I feel pretty good about.”

Anderson, 30, has received no assurances about playing time. But he disputes any notion that his skills have diminished, even though his playing time has decreased since averaging 17.0 points for New Orleans in 2015-16 and 13.6 for Houston in 2016-17.

“I know that’s something people say, but it couldn’t be more false,” he said. “I’ve gone from teams where I shot 14, 15 shots a game to six or seven shots. My last year in Houston, I got injured and then I didn’t play. I was getting maybe six shots a game that season. This year, there was no consistency in playing time.

“I’m a role player. That’s why I fit really well into this system. I’m not a one-on-one player. I’ve been on two teams the past two years in Phoenix and my last year in Houston where it’s all one-on-ones. My game is shooting the ball, pick and pop.”

He said he can seize on mismatches in the post, but “I probably had a handful of postups the past two years. It’s a bit frustrating when people say [his skills have declined].”

The expectation is that the Heat likely will release Anderson by July 10 — a move that lessens his salary and cap hit from $21 million to $15.6 million next season. Anderson said he hasn’t spoken to Heat president Pat Riley since the trade.

“I want to bring the best version of myself to this team,” he said. “I will be able to shoot the ball until I’m 80 years old. I know I can bring that, but most of all, I want to add to this group and make it a better team.”

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Scrubberson gone ride the pine in Miami just like in Phoenix.