1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump is making America great again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

So, you are making an excuse for his bad behavior? Understood. I just hold people up to higher standards than that. But if you're OK with his actions, then I suppose that is good for you.

I know what you're saying- why care about what someone is like if they're actually doing good? I mean, maybe that makes sense and we're too engrossed in what he says. But I think it's the extremely outlandish nature of his comments that clouds his achievements.

#41 Bagwellian, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Yes, and even though his Tweet was a bit immature, it is a fact that he did win the presidency in his first attempt- and he did have a successful show (I liked The Apprentice). So, it's not as if he hasn't been successful. It just makes no sense how dreadfully insecure he is about all of it.

I think that if he stopped Tweeting and giving the mainstream media fuel, they would be more likely to focus on his executive actions. Or at least keep his Tweets to his successes.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s really more for your benefit. You adapt to your audience.

4. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Well, then, thank you for that.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just has trouble communicating.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just because people liked Trump more than Hillary, doesn't mean that people like Trump at all. Also given that Trump got even less votes than Hillary, AND the fact that he had a chance to prove himself this year and failed miserably. It makes sense that most of the country agrees that he's currently a horrible stain on America.

Like I said, in your bubble, you think he's actually good and we've stopped trying to give you a dose of reality.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Let's say Trump never ever tweets again, doesn't get into feuds with others and stays drama free, will those people who have opposed him will suddenly like him? Will people like Srah Silverman, Chalsey Hander and Patton Oswalt no longer have the Trump derangement syndrome? I highly doubt that. This is all politics. People who are saying it's all about Trump's personality are lying through their teeth. It's more about Trump's policies.

#47 RocketsLegend, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I wish I understood your life.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I was wrong and RussianLegend is right.

After a lot of thought, Trump will indeed Make America Great Again! I can't believe I didn't see it. I might need to get a MAGA hat. I am not joking, I am serious. I see the light finally

10. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

No. But that's not who Trump has to worry about losing. He has to worry about losing those from his base and the moderate base. There was literally nothing that President Obama could have done to make the extreme conservatives like him. It is this way for every President.

Moderates and conservatives can ignore CNN, MSNBC, etc. But they can't ignore his own Tweets and comments. And when he says things such as "I'm, like, smart," it puts them in an awkward situation.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, bullshit. It's about his ****ing ******* personality. He's getting worse and worse. Screw that moron.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

No president in history has gone through so much undeserved scrutiny and hate then president Trump. For the moment he was elected and sworn in there were violent protests, Democrats boycotting his inauguration, phony Russian investigation, fictional book with lots of holes that the media can't stop reporting. Trump has every right to be upset and you don't have to worry his base got his back.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Relax, RussianLegend is right and we didn't even realize it. Trump is really going to help make America Great Again.

14. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I think you are using "undeserved" incorrectly. No President in history has been as polarizing as President Trump. I am not particular in who I vote for based on party- I have voted equally for Democrats and Republicans. President Trump has made it very difficult to support him. I don't say this lightly. I want more than anything to support him, as I would any President. I used to live in a repressive country, and I am extremely grateful to live in America and support its President. President Trump makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

BINGO! And that's how RussianLegend is right!

Don't you see, Trump is exactly what America needs. We need Trump to knock sense into the good people of America so they can finally realize what a disaster the right is. Finally this country is being unified - against Trump and those who support him. Finally we can push the pendulum all the way back and get a supermajority in the Senate in 2020 and actually pass a single-payer system and true tax reform that isn't a giveaway to the rich.

This will all be possible because of Trump and could have never happened with Clinton.

So yes, in an perverse ironic sense, Trump is making America great Again!!!

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well if you were or are a fair minded moderate voter who is talking to people like RussianLegend to understand the Trump perspective, you’ll be joining the Resistance in short order.

Confessional: I voted for Bush’s first term. I was always intrigued with Ron Paul’s ideals of Libertarianism. Love the idea of smaller government and more state independence. I would love for Trump to be able to prove all us overreacting tree hugging liberals wrong, and secretly end up being a great unifying leader of freedom and democracy for all with large wealth gains to the middle and lower class.

However ... if you are looking for Trump to not dig in deeper to just hold onto 3 types of people who make up his voters, you’re in for wake up call. You’ll be labeled a raging liberal in short order if you are not:

-An internet troll
    -A hard Evangelical “Christian” that hates gay people
    -A politically ignorant traditionally conservative Republican who isn’t paying attention or only sees news when FoxNews is randomly on.

Trumps insane behavior and public messaging shows he’s going deeper and deeper into his core 3 who will support him through anything, and is doing everything he can to make sensible independent folks like you “choose sides”. Trying to reason with Trump soldiers like RL will only make you “liberal” faster. This is the guy who couldn’t contain his excitement the day that Trump said “there were very good people” at a KKK rally shouting “Jews will not replace us” and after that said “I love my president”. That’s the kind of person you are trying to reason with.

Here’s to the good ole days when you could claim to be “an independent”.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Off topic but we should consider a version of Australia's single payer system where it's 2% of your income. Whether you are a millionaire or a minimum wage fast food worker, I think everyone can afford to pay 2% more in taxes. For most Americans, it would be cheaper than what they're paying already for health insurance premiums. Of course we live in a spiteful country where some poor people would rather suffer, than let the "other poor people" have healthcare access. Basically, we have too many shitty Americans.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This Bagwellian fellow is looking for serious discourse in the Age of Trump. Poor guy.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Undeserved? He has lied repeatedly (ex: claimed to have met Putin during 60minutes.)

Has been filmed stating "grab them by the p***y", what a guy!

Response to a question was that the the questioner was on her period "blood coming out of her wherever"

Nah...he's a beautiful, righteous, christian soldier. God bless America.

#TrumpUniversity

20. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

oh, BTW, it is thanks to his genius we've had a banner year in terms of aviation fatalities. Dude is so powerful! BIG HANDS!