1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trump is making America great again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

As I said, people have their limits. Some I know are just growing weary of him. They've been able to blow it off for quite a while, but there are also many who truly did believe he would become better once he became President.

It can happen- just like it did with George HW Bush. There's no guarantee he'll be reelected. The moderates were willing to give him a shot- but I don't think they really want 4 more years of him unless he has achieved so much they're willing to overlook his flaws.

#81 Bagwellian, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I disagree with you on toning it down. I follow him on Twitter, so I see every Tweet he makes. It's a mix of normal and embarrassing. It hasn't gotten any better. It shouldn't be that way. President Obama, whom I disagreed with on multiple policy issues but was OK with on others- there's just no comparison. Even George W. Bush conducted himself as a President should.

I question whether it has been effective for him. We'll see at the end of this year.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

a lot people were questioning her health way before she fainted

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Oh!!

#84 mick fry, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Agree. Trump won the electoral vote because had some independents' and moderates' voting for him. Now, all he has is his base. He is much more unpopular now than he was on election night.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

you are a legendary idiot if you think thats true

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Probably 95% of Rocketlegend's posts on Clutchfans are related to trump.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How do you know that if it wasn’t being reported?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Your willingness to continue to engage some of our hardcore covfefe-in-chief supporters is admirable. Kudos.

I'm wondering how long it takes you to move to outright derision.
    [​IMG]

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It was that damn cough

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

*sniff*

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

Trump hasn't done anything besides sign a bill reshuffling the tax code and giving tax breaks to his billionaire friends. He has, however, completely embarrassed the US on the world stage with the pulling out of the Paris Climate deal, his anti-NATO stances (that I'm sure just completely align with Russia out of coincidence) and middle-school level feud with "rocketman," among other things. He's also screwing over the average American at every turn with a significant amount of harmful deregulation disguised as "muh freedom" that have a special emphasis on trying to turn every corner of the country into an oil-drilling **** hole. Sprinkle in some racist dog whistles and daily Twitter meltdowns and you have his first year in office in a nutshell.

Trump is nothing more than an incompetent buffoon and the people still supporting him are either the completely brain-dead cultists that you can find on r/the_doofus, like RussianLegend, or the hyper-partisan Republicans who will defend anything that their sides does. With regards to the latter group, you could literally dress a chimp up in a suit and put an R next to its name and these people will not only show up to vote for Candidate Chimp (R) but also praise him for his devout Christianity and conservative values, all while constantly attacking the MSM for their "biased and hateful coverage" of President Chimp just because he likes to shove bananas up his rectum and tweet about it. There's really no point anymore in even trying to have a discussion with anyone who makes up these two groups, they've been bamboozled and have succumbed to tribalism and emotion to such a degree that they can't even think straight anymore. The next Trump voter that I meet who is actually knowledgeable on current political issues will be the first.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Thanks for reminding me of another one of his accomplishments, pulling out of the Paris accord. Saved us 3 trillion.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Better check your math there, comrade.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

better check some facts

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

As someone who voted democrat this past presidential election, I’m pleasantly suppressed at President Teumps 1st year. The tax plan is outstanding (much more than just re-shuffling of code). he is standing up to the UN by pulling funding, moving the US embassy in Isreal to Jarusalem and condemning the shift of power to Iran while regignizing our role during President Obama’s regime. Nicky Haley has been a outstanding.

I certainly hasn’t been all positive as he continues to make inflammatory remarks and use Twitter like an emotionally immature teenager.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  17. David321

David321 Member

As someone who voted for Trump, I'm definitely not regretting it one bit, although I wish he would cool it with the Twitter.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How is giving 40% of tax cuts to the top 1% who are currently holding on to the most accumulated wealth in human history which results in a 1.8 trillion dollars increase to the DEFECIT, not cumulative sovereign debt, but the annual ****ing deficit which is going to result in slashing of programs that the middle class and poor use signficantly more than the wealthy(Medicaid, Social Security, public education etc).

Be more credible with your shtick. You never voted Democrat. That tax plan is the antithesis of what a Democrat voter wants. Democrats love making fun of supply side economics and you are rooting for it.

Ya, please... You really think posters here are that gullible?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How do you like the 1.8 trillion dollar increase to the deficit so a entity of humans holding on to the most wealth in mankind history can have a tax break?

Deckard likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

This is the most eloquent praise anyone has given him since the election.