1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You can't change someone's personality at age 70

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 27, 2017.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What Trump haters need to realize is if becoming the president doesn't change his Twitter habit and personality then nothing in this world will. He starts feuds with people, sometimes gets pity, makes tasteless jokes. Never act shocked and appalled this is who Trump is. Deal with it for the next 3 years.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Why don't you just deal with the fact we have a piece of trash for president and people that didn't vote for him will complain about it.

Better yet, try growing up. A few more election cycles either way and the picture will become clearer to you. I promise. Conservatives whine just as much as liberals.

Hakeemtheking, Nook and adoo like this.
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You missed my point butt whatever

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Your point was that people who don't like Trump need to just accept that he's an ******* and "deal with it". And A_3PO's point was that people who don't like Trump "deal with it" by complaining about it. There is pretty much no substance to this thread.

krnxsnoopy, justtxyank and A_3PO like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

But can he increase his hand size? That's a more important question for him I think.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’m sure that technology exists

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Nope. Absolutely not. Zero excuses for this kind of behavior from anyone, let alone the President of the United States. No one should have to put up with this kind of crap, and it completely confounds me why he's given a free pass. Don't care how old he is, he should be called out when he makes insensitive, racially charged, moronic or untrue comments. Every. Single. Time.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Being a decent human being is the hope for a President. This guy is just a bigoted ******* and EVERYONE knows it. Tells me alot about the ASSHOLES who voted for him.

9. Buck Turgidson

"If the hand's too small, you must recall."

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks for the heads up garbage post

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Hopefully less. It would be nice if they busted him doing something illegal- that would be excellent. Or if the Dems take the House and impeach his fat ass, that would be awesome. So, here's to hoping that our mentally disabled POTUS doesn't last the rest of his term.

12. Buck Turgidson

I believe that he's saying "if it's inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it"

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I see what you did there.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That is the first time I have read anything you have written negative about Trump. Thank you, I did not think it was possible.

And yes he seems to be a complete *******. When you add childish and boorish to it. It is a bad look for a person that is deemed to be the most powerful person on the planet.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Clayton!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Maybe most people do realize it which is maybe why most people didn’t vote for him.

Edit- pending investigation into millions of illegals voting

17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Is defending Trump constantly starting to wear down RocketsLegend? Oh wow. Didn't think that was possible.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the problem with this argument from comrade legend is that trump himself said he would change once he was elected. he is the one who said he would be so presidential we wouldnt believe it.

"With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that's held this office."

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol I honestly feel like this is some new stage in RL's development. He finally admits that Trump has negative qualities instead of defending him from everything. Baby steps.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No way in hell do I want him to stop tweeting. Its a window into his thinking, and lets you know where his heart really is.

I WANT TO KNOW THAT.

Doesn't mean that because I want to know where he stands that I have to like it, and not want to stop him from following through on his darkest intentions. Also doesn't mean I have to react to it at all if I find it to be not worthy of spending energy on in certain cases.

I believe OP's intention here is to try to minimize the tweets and insults so we are desensitized to it, or blow it off as just "Trump being Trump". Its important to know Trump's past and how he's ran his businesses and his public profile to rise to power. Its divide and conquer techniques, and its creating chaos that ultimately gives him more power than the people fighting among themselves about Trump. If they fight among themselves, those taking my position fight harder for him because someone is fighting them in return.

(However... look at how life has turned out for those on Trump's side before. How many people outside of his family has Trump made their lives better personally or in business?)

That's why its important to decipher what comes out of Trump's mouth that actually could impact our lives, and what is just noise designed to make us fight among ourselves to give him more power.

Case in point-

Trump's nonsense yesterday about Pocahontas. IMO its a political nugget that Democratic POLITICIANS should file away as part of a mosaic case to be made politically in the future, but us as citizens should see it for what it is... the president said something racist, but I'd be better served spending my time fighting battles on his Tax cut for corporations and the top 1%... because THAT IMPACTS MY LIFE and our country.