1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they disrespected the flag by kneeling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they took a knee during the anthem?

1. Yes-It's not disrespectful

87.8%
  2. No-GET OUT THE COUNTRY!

12.2%
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Pretty sure the league pushed this idea out to owners to trick the players into standing during the anthem while still showing league unity with a protest. Stand and lock arms or kneel befoe. What should have always been done.

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I agree that there needs to be clear evidence of injustice and I also agree that BLM gained most of its followers from the false flag media. If you skip backwards a couple of pages you would see my true feelings on all of this. Don't feel like typing them out all over again.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I'm well aware of your position, and I have a deep respect for you. Even if I don't agree with everything you say, I respect your logic, and Ive noticed that with sufficient evidence you are willing to change your stance.

Regardless, it needed to be said. My apologies for wrongly directing it.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Sports are generally there for entertainment and to be free of the usual **** show that is life, they stay apolitical because there's no way to win if you go political, you will piss off someone, for a reason you don't have to, and when your entire business model is based on trying to be as inclusive to as many viewers as possible, the only avenue you're pursuing is a losing one.

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So why should anyone got offended when someone else is trying to express themselves BEFORE the game started?

How many players ever pretending to pray or made a cross on their chests after a score or play and that’s DURING the game, how many people got offended?

So why is someone’s religious expression can be tolerated but not just their social and political point of view?

6. Aleron

Really? Tebow used to cop flack for praying, there was a team that was taken to court to stop them from praying.... Religion has been under attack for years, its so noticeable that even me, an atheist, notices how bad it's gotten.

And the answer is plenty of people get offended, the plus side there is the support base for sports tend to lean right, and the crazy lefties are more interested in protesting a gay jew troll than watching a sport.

Roc Paint likes this.
  7. hooroo

hooroo Member

funny thing is when people kneel they are subjugating themselves. if anything they are showing more respect.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Religion has been under attack for years? LMAO.

Yeah right, so why are we spending time in between the innings to sing ‘God bless America’? And this won’t offend people that don’t believe in any gods?

People are laughing at Tebow because he sucks as a QB, not because of he took a knee and pray. There are many other players did some religious hand signs (including Harden before the game starts) and no one give a damn about it.

Don’t act like Trump and just want to divert the attention of the people to make the players kneeling is all about disrespecting the flag and anthem.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

11. Aleron

Kaepernick being a shitty qb was really only an issue for SF fans, much like Tebow was really only a problem for Denver fans, it wasn't the Denver fans going ape **** over his praying on the field. They cared about him being shitty, other people cared about him praying, being a shitty QB isn't a frustration for anyone but that team, and anyone trying to tell you otherwise is lying to you, and possibly to themselves.

Beyond that, you seem to not understand my point at all, like it's over here, and you're somewhere on Mars. It is bad commercially for the leagues because of the demographics of their support base. Take a look at the poll right, If about 12% of the viewership turns off, that's a bad thing for them. Would, should, could doesn't mean a thing, will turn on/off is what matters. The purpose of sports being apolitical isn't just about inclusiveness, it's because escapism is part of their product.

AirPower likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yup. lock this thread up

swyyyguy likes this.
  13. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

The NBA position stated in a recent memo: "The memo states that individual teams "do not have the discretion to waive" the rule that players, coaches and staff stand for the anthem."

So, roughly 88% of this forum is against the NBA. Fortunately, the vast majority of the country agrees with the NBA...and this forum base has reconfirmed how out of touch it is.

AirPower likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Welcome back Kevin Mcfail sack rider. How did that work out for ya? Your man is still unemployed as coach despite begging for a position. Like I always told you, he is a loser coach, one of the worst the league has ever seen. LMAO

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

"anyone trying to tell you otherwise is lying to you"

LMAO, who do you think you are? Sean Spicer?

So on one hand you want to play the "religion card" for people against a white scrub QB but on the other hand, you are offended and feeling the urge to defend the flag just because lots of athletes (black and white) want to take express their thoughts and is currently allowed by the NFL?

Also, get off your horse and stop trying to be the financial adviser to Roger Goodell, if they need to kiss Trump's ass, they would have done that already.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

As a disabled vet, that served this country for 25 years, I've avoided this thread and question. But something has drawn me in.

I don't like mixing sports with politics, because sports has always been my release. When I played competitively, the court and/or field were my sanctuaries. Now, I live vicariously through my Houston sports teams (Rockets, Texans, Astros and Coogs). I don't particularly like guys kneeling during the anthem, but its not going to stop me from watching games. Hell, I've been spit at, called baby killer/monster, shot at, mortared on, etc., but that never stopped me from doing my job or defending the constitution against all enemies. The flag is a sacred symbol, but we have the freedom in this country to not recognize that sanctity.

My family has also had our own injustices done by the popo. We didn't protest, we went after those SOBs in a courtroom and beat there ass--only to have the legal system give us only $100k of the $2.2M the jury had awarded us. I learned at 22 that Life is not fair. I also know that those crooked cops did not represent all of law officers. Like any society, each profession has its good and its bad. Don't let a few taint the many.

I'm all about fighting injustice, but don't fall pray to the masters that are pushing their agenda. If players want to fight injustice I have to think that their are 1000 better approaches than taking a knee during the anthem.

In my company now, we have a very good pulse on the division in our country. It's not regular folks that are stoking the flames. It's coming from influence and money that want to destroy this country. Educate yourself and don't fall for the propaganda.

I've said more than I intended, but I love this forum and those that invest their time, energy, and wit into making it one of my escapes from the real world.

Peace and love to all my Clutchfans sisters and brothers,
    Shark44

17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Thank you for your service.

Tha_Dude, Shark44 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish I could give this post 1000 Likes.

Tha_Dude and Shark44 like this.
  19. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I'll ask you as you are a veteran.

If someone die in combat and soldiers decide to kneel when anthem is praying to honor him. Do you find it disrespectful?

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

You may be mixing a few things up...

When the Anthem is played, we face the flag and... When in uniform we salute. When in civilian attire we put our hands over our hearts. Both positions require you to stand at attention.

I've knelt to pray or at grave sites to honor those I knew.

The only time I ever took a knee was at the end of practice when coach talked to us.

I'm from a small town in Texas and may be missing the real symbolic connection between taking a knee, the National Anthem, and fighting injustice. To be honest, a lot of things don't make sense in this world and this is one I'll probably just put in that category.

Pen15clubber likes this.