1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they disrespected the flag by kneeling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they took a knee during the anthem?

1. Yes-It's not disrespectful

87.8%
  2. No-GET OUT THE COUNTRY!

12.2%
  1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Awesome. Not really sure what that means but I will keep it in mind if it should become relevant at any point in the future.

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when Bolt did that. I appreciated his show of respect for a nation that wasn't even his own.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Love you too PENster.

There is no Utopia.

After Adam & Eve took a bite of the forbidden fruit......paradise Garden of Eden & the perfect world was lost.

Atrocities have occurred throughout time.
    *Jews enslaved by the Pharohs of Egypt.
    *Native American Indians being forced onto reservations and given SmallPox laced blankets.
    *Africans fleeing the blood stained spears & thundering shields of Shaka Zulu into the nets of slave traders.
    Slavery in America and other countries.
    *Chinese railroad worker in America. Google the term, "Chinaman's chance"
    *Jews-Holocaust at the hands of Hitler/Germans
    ***among too many to list all

I picked my avatar because of my respect for what the proud people of Native America went through and my
    love for our nations military and police. Now I can't tell you what happened first; marauding Indian raids, rape,
    murder and pillaging or the same atrocities towards the native Indians by colonial settlers.
    Every conflict has at least two sides.

What if's: What if there was no slave traders? Shaka Zulu enslaved many tribesmen and women and
    slaughtered countless. He would have the baddest Warriors and tribe leaders impaled on a stake
    to break the will of the other tribesmen and Warriors. He built an empire and army from 2000 to
    20,000. I'm not saying slavery was a good thing....it wasn't. Just that things were not perfect
    in Africa at the time. How many bloodlines would have ended then? God moves in mysterious
    ways. America is a better place because of the arrival and contribution of the black race.

Fact of the matter is that black athletes stand the best chances of changing things in our inner cities.
    If Anglos (whites) build establishments (Subway Restaurants, KFC, pizza parlors, Popeyes Chicken,
    Dairy Queen's, etc) in the inner cities; the locals may treat those establishments like the native
    American Indians did the Anglos. Rich anglos would be seen as stealing their land or giving them
    diseased blankets. Those establishments would face greater risks of looting, theft, vandalism.
    LeBron, Melo, CP3, Steph Curry, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, MJ, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Draymond
    Green, etc would have greater respect from the low income neighborhoods. Office with 100 desks
    with 100 phones and create a tell a marketing firm employing many young individuals would go a long
    way.

If 3 different Hispanics kill 3 black men are all Hispanics bad?
    If 3 different Black men kill 3 Hispanics are all Black men bad?
    If 3 different cops kill 3 Black men or 3 Hispanics are all cops bad?

I choose not to paint everyone under the same brush.

If 3 different Black men kill 3 Black men in Chicago.....are all Black men bad?
    This is a sad topic. My understanding is the killings in Chicago took off because of the 9 year-old boy was
    lured into an alley an executed in a gang related attack. May the young lad be lighting up heaven above
    as we speak. I would type out the little boys name; but I don't feel worthy.

The killings in Chicago need to come to an end though.

I would like to see Trump apologize for saying, "Fire those S.O.B.'s" if LeBron, Melo, DWade, former President Obama, Morgan Freeman, Danny Glover, Kaepernick, (pick your celebrity or athletes)
    do 10 public announcements asking for respect to our military, police, country and flag/anthem.

Public announcements to be run over and over again.

Edited: I'm not a fan of Santa Anna.....Alamo

#464 ApacheWarrior, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    AirPower and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Maybe Africa sucks and America is great because Africa sent out all the strong ones-- The puny, weak and sickly stayed behind

nsfw video

#465 Realjad, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No telling how history would have turned out.

Shaka Zulu may have killed an estimated million. It is believed people had to dance with enthusiasm nonstop
    until they were told to silence themselves. Those who didn't or failed to show enough zeal were executed.

*For the record I'm not saying Shaka is the sole reason slavery existed. Just don't know who was worse
    the slavery by Shaka or slave owners(traders). Neither were anything less than bad. That was a funny
    skit you posted. I loved it.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude. It's not useful to say Shaka Zulu was worse or better than anyone else. But I agree with you: certainly an African was not the only person responsible for the American slave trade.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That is a badass movie

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Right. The actor who plays Shaka was magic on the screen.

Liked him in, "Ghost in the Darkness" as well.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That warrior chant tho

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Where is the option to vote for “no, it’s disrespectful”

This is the problem with people today. You can’t have a “conservative” opinion without being labeled extreme, racist, etc

12. Tha_Dude

A conservative opinion should be that peoples first amendment rights always be protected, and respected. Nobody said you have to agree with what's being protested or that you have to agree with how they're doing it, but you should at least respect their right to do so if you consider yourself a true conservative.

I do agree with you in that the poll is dumb and meant to trigger people, sort of like half the threads in the D&D these days which is why I don't post there much. Speaking of which, this thread belongs in the D&D so there's also that.

13. Realjad

WIth all do respect. This isn't a discussion about 1st amendment rights. Saying 'No, it's disrespectful' isn't saying that you don't believe in freedom of speech. It's you saying 'No, I wont support the Rockets because I find their actions disrespectful to our nation and of very little character'.

Kind of like me saying 'I don't like Scottie Pippen. I don't like him because I found his actions as a Rocket disrespectful'. Now Pippen didn't break any laws of our nation by being a quitter and anti-team player, he was well within his rights. Yet here I am.. Not liking nor supporting him.

Being an advocate for freedom of speech doesn't mean I I have to be in support of everyones actions. If someone gave you, your wife, and kids the middle finger in public for no reason. Are you obligated to be like 'Awesome man! Way to use your freedom of speech!'? You make it seem as if to think 'wow, thats a bit inappropriate' means you're anti-free speech

#473 Realjad, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    deb4rockets, Pen15clubber and Easy like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are 70% of Marines on Camp Lejeune disrespectful to the country when they run inside when colors start playing so they don't have to stand at attention outside?
    [​IMG]

Embrace the clutch and el gnomo like this.
  15. Tha_Dude

Sure, and you're entitled to stop watching the games or buying tickets to see the team play. Comparing the Scottie Pippen fiasco to racial injustice is probably not the best move on your part, though.

16. fchowd0311

Why do so many of you people treat the flag like mullahs treat the Quran?

You think it might be a bit unhealthy?

A knee bend emotionally effecting this much?

el gnomo and Canadiandude like this.
  17. Realjad

I'm not comparing Pippen to racial injustice. I'm making the comparison Pippen/Quitting to Anthem/Kneeling. The comparison is of greater context here bro.

To make the comparison you imply is to say "Pippen quitting because of playing time and disagreements with team-mates.

and guess what? I really don't care whether you get along with team-mates or not, or how happy you are with the organization. You can 'protest' your dissatisfaction with the organization all you want and refuse to play but I find it disrespectful to the game.

Just like I don't care about the message behind the kneeling during our anthem. I find it disrespectful to the country.

18. fchowd0311

Do you find 70% of Marines disrespectful when they run into the nearest building when colors begins playing?

19. Tha_Dude

Your logic is all wrong, though. I think there are a large segment of people living here who feel as though they've been left off the team roster and never given a chance, disenfranchised. Regardless of their race or financial status.

The media is making it worse for all of us, but the problems still exist regardless.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  20. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

The first amendment doesn’t cover offensive speech and it doesn’t cover the relationship between a private employer and it’s employees.

If you don’t think this is offensive, that’s fine, but it’s still not covered by the first amendment.

So as a conservative, I support the fact that if something is bad for business, as numerous polls show this is, a business owner should be able to put an end to it without feeling like by doing so, he is racist, Crazy, unamerican or as this poll suggests, telling the players to leave the country.