1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

So then maybe there's something to visibly holding teammates accountable.

BigMaloe, MajorSeanBond and D-rock like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So, I went ahead and asked Feigen about it on twitter.

BigMaloe, nickb492, Nook and 5 others like this.
  3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Harden yelling at anyone is disrespectful, dude plays half a defense and justifies it by double doubles or triple doubles. Jordan played both ends, so when he does that he can yell at people. But MAN to MAN you can't clown your teammates by yelling at them.

4. PotStu

PotStu Member

I disagree, he creates extra possessions with his offensive rebounding and can make simple cuts to the basket that lead to an easy 2. To me that's the kinda guy you want coming off the bench in the playoffs.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

lol teammates argue... not the first time it's ever happened in the NBA...Rockets lack a pure rebounder and way too much dependency on Brewer as we all know. They gotta work EXTRA HARD and bring EXTRA ENERGY just to get a key rebound in games. Way too much energy being spent. They miss easy shots around the rim also. As a result, it seems 5 or 6 key "momentum swing" moments in their losses don't go their way and you can feel when it's happening watching the games. It's usually against tall, lanky, athletic teams Rox are loosing to the most exposing the Rox weaknesess. It's a trend to watch leading up to the playoffs. It's a PATTERN

Like the Texans and how the NFL copied Patriots win against the Texans early in the season using it to game plan against the Texans, Teams have figured out the Rockets. The schedule hasn't helped but after that hurdle is gone with a softer schedule come playoff time the weaknesses will still be present for teams to attack the Rox weaknesses. Having said all that we know Morey will pull off a trade if he can before the deadline to plug a hole or two. Rox have exceeded my expectations already so it's all EXTRA GRAVY from here on out for me either way. Every NBA team has weaknesses at the end of the day

#225 PhiSlamma15, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden has been good on defence since the turn of the new year, he is rising up the defensive win share table quickly as he has had better focus on that end.

MajorSeanBond and Nook like this.
  7. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

No,it sounds like he's not a douche with unrealistic expectations

Nook likes this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

so i'm a douche because I bag on harden sometimes? look there is a middle ground here. Harden haters don't have to go at harden everytime he has a bad game....but on the other side of the coin people need to be ok with harden being criticized when he does things some don't agree with. as far as expectations go...no i'm not ok with a second round exit, and no member of the team should be free from criticism in my book, not even the superstar

DudeWah likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Because you're high?

BigMaloe, J Sizzle and Tha_Dude like this.
  10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yes it would.

Signed, Thread Starter

Everything else you said I agree with.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

And we're supposed to just ignore your homophobic user name? o_O

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's a good username. Not quite as good as @BabyBatterBoy though.

Nook likes this.
  13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Hope this doesn't hurt The Beards MVP chances #MediaBias

Houstunna likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We have the 4th best record in the NBA ... and Harden is b****ing at Dekker...damn shame. ;)

15. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Technically we have the 3rd best record in the NBA...
    http://www.espn.com/nba/standings

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know. I was just quoting the post verbatim to show the irony.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Fair. You make a good point. I have noticed Dekker is a strong rebounder. Still, I just feel like he doesn't contribute as much as his stats might say through our system.

18. Nook

Nook Member

That man was going off on teammates before he ever won a damn thing, same with KG who was on a mediocre Wolves team going off on teammates at the time.

19. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

There's being critical, then there's being unreasonable. I'm not "ok" with a 2nd round exit either, but we haven't even hit the allstar break yet and the Rockets have played the toughest schedule in the league thus far. You don't even begin to take the fact that the players are tired into account. I'm fine with being critical of Harden, we all need constructive criticism, I just think you have to take all factors into consideration.

T for 3 and D-rock like this.
  20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden is channeling his inner Michael Jordan. The only difference is MJ gave it his all on both ends of the court. And wasn't yelling and fighting his teammates because of his mistakes.

Houstunna likes this.